#1 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

It's not completely finished, but it's usable. It won't display properly in Internet Explorer (and maybe some other browsers, idk), but I can't do anything about that so what you see is what you get.

You can change the theme colours by hovering over the paintbrush icon at the top-right of the page. The banners for the blue/green themes are just placeholders atm. I'm going to make proper banners soon.

If you encounter any bugs/see something that doesn't look right, please let me know in this thread, and please post which browser you're using (and please read previous responses so you don't report the same thing, that just pisses me off).

If you don't like it, you can switch back to the default blue skin by using the skin changer at the bottom of the page.

#2 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:15 AM

Not a bug, but not the easiest on the eyes. Probably should go last on the list-

The bar thing on the right that shows status, news, and stuff? You can make that disappear and the topic thing grows, but when you make it reappear, everything disappears for a split second before appearing on Firefox, at least. Just feels a tad jarring, even if nobody's ever going to use that button.

But I do like this skin much more than the FEE2F one. Love how the menus aren't in the way anymore but that banner is SO HUGE

EDIT: What the heck is a Mystery Box?

That's quite good!

:D

#3 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

Not a bug, but not the easiest on the eyes. Probably should go last on the list-

The bar thing on the right that shows status, news, and stuff? You can make that disappear and the topic thing grows, but when you make it reappear, everything disappears for a split second before appearing on Firefox, at least. Just feels a tad jarring, even if nobody's ever going to use that button.

But I do like this skin much more than the FEE2F one. Love how the menus aren't in the way anymore but that banner is SO HUGE

EDIT: What the heck is a Mystery Box?

I think that's due to your computer/browser not being able to do the transition smoothly; it doesn't flash for me (using firefox 3.7.something).

The question people should be asking right now is what ISN'T the Mystery Box. It shall be revealed in time.

#4 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

under THE EMPIRE dropdown , the words "the staff" are cut in half. for me at least .

anyhoo , its looking pretty smooth.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#5 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

Same thing with me as with MC. And wait a second, I'm not using Firefox, I'm using Chrome (Firefox didn't like this site. Black box of doom last while, maybe I'll try on this skin)

Also, there's an odd black line on the bottom of the Affiliates menu.

That's quite good!

#6 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

Ah yes, it does it for me on chrome as well. Idk, I don't think I can do anything about that.

Yeah, I need to reformat those menus.

#7 Kanami

Kanami
    Veteran
  • Nyeh!!!

• Veterans
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

Eh, screen went all funny when you forcefully transferred me to the new skin! *Is very upset*

Serious though, it's alot nicer then the old one. Probably a matter of preference but when you make a post (the one above). The title thing (In your case, "Webmaster Oh God")
Sticks out of the info area like a sore thumb, :/ Could be intentional, but I think it looks ugly.

#8 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

Serious though, it's alot nicer then the old one. Probably a matter of preference but when you make a post (the one above). The title thing (In your case, "Webmaster Oh God")
Sticks out of the info area like a sore thumb, :/ Could be intentional, but I think it looks ugly.

I agree, they don't really fit as well with this skin as they did with the old one. I'm going to redesign them.

#9 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

I love it. I don't see anything wrong that hasn't already been said, except that the mystery box doesn't awesome.
The banner is huge, but I love love LOVE the fact that it doesn't pagestretch.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#10 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

;D
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#11 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

Actually, I meant the banner is huge vertically. I'm thinking maybe the Fire Emblem Empire thing can fit lower on the page (or the page higher toward the banner)

That's quite good!

#12 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

Actually, I meant the banner is huge vertically. I'm thinking maybe the Fire Emblem Empire thing can fit lower on the page (or the page higher toward the banner)

If you're talking about the logo, no, it can't go any lower or the "Fire Emblem Empire Forums > The Empire > News > EMPIRE2 Skin Now Live" text will go over it. And I don't really want to make the banner itself any shorter.

It isn't even that tall. The whole banner area is actually even shorter than a lot of other FE sites (FEP, FEU etc). I'm not going to change it.

#13 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Really? Huh, didn't notice that.

And it won't remember when I switch the skin color to blue (haven't tried green. Don't like that color in general) and reopen Chrome, at least, possibly FEE; can't remember.

That's quite good!

#14 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Your browser must be clearing cookies every time it closes, then. There's nothing I can do about that.

#15 Azide

Azide
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

I noticed that with the Empire 2 skin, you can't watch a topic.

#16 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

Oh, hmm. I didn't even notice that the button was missing. I'll add it to the list.

#17 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:21 AM

I still have my "List of Watched Topics" thing, though...?
And it's working.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#18 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

The "watch topic" button just isn't there.

#19 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:34 AM

Ah, I get it. One thing I just spotted, what happened to the "Today's Top Posters" box that used to be on the right side of the page?
EDIT: I also just noticed that the bottom half of "fire emblem" in the logo doesn't quite match up with the top half.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#20 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:41 AM

Ah, I get it. One thing I just spotted, what happened to the "Today's Top Posters" box that used to be on the right side of the page?

It's too big; on lower resolutions, it results in a massive blank space underneath the forums and above the forum statistics box.

EDIT: I also just noticed that the bottom half of "fire emblem" in the logo doesn't quite match up with the top half.

Browser?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users