• Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

POPULAR

~
Frequently Asked Questions

~
Have a Question about Post Counts or Ribbons? This section should answer it!

Having a certain number of posts designates you a certain feature.
- Having less than 10 gives you one dot under your avatar, and it designates you a "Newbie"
- Having more than 10 posts but less than 100 is two dots, and it makes you a "Member"
- Having more than 100 posts makes you an "Advanced Member," and gives you a third dot under your avatar.
- After you have more than 400 posts several features are unlocked, but the most common of which is that you can change where it says "Advanced Member" to a custom member title.
- After 1000 posts, the dots disappear, and you get a neat little ribbon that says "Veteran"
- Or, you can get +50 Reputation and get a "Revered Member" ribbon.
- Or, you can be a Global Moderator, and get a "Moderator" ribbon.
- Or, you can be Dave, and have a webmaster icon.
~

Q: That guy [offended]/[pleased] me. What [inane thing can I do to try and upset him]/[nice thing can I do] without actually talking to him about it?

A: Well, as you can see, this website and all of its members have a handy-dandy thing called "reputation." When you enjoy someones post, you push that li'l green plus sign at the bottom right of their post. Or, when someone rubs you the wrong way, you can click on that little red minus sign, conveniently located in the same place! Isn't that wonderful? Huzzah! That will go toward their reputation! Thusly giving them either a sense of accomplishment, or a gnawing black hole in their little venomous body! MWAHAHAHA-Next question.

Q: What's with that little thing under Group, Posts, Joined Date, Location, ect?

A: That's a reputation badge. There are badges for having Catman, -20, -10, -5, +5, +10, +20, +50, +100 and +1000 Reputation. Having Catman reputation is nigh-unheard of. As of the time I am posting this, Catman has -238 Reputation. He gets his own because he's rather annoying, but doesn't actually break any rules. Also, receiving +50 reputation comes with a nice banner, as I mentioned above.

Q: HAY I WANT TO HAVE A THING LIKE FRICK OR NITRO, THE THING THAT SAYS "AHHH COMMUNIST! OR FRICK > DEATH HOW DO I GET ONE?!

A: First of all, you're breaking at least three rules and guidelines of the internet by typing in all caps. Secondly, tough titties. They only got those because they're highly gimmicky. Nitro's a communist, and Frick was in a terrible accident and came through almost dying to come back here and wasting his brain on us losers. RESPECT. Ninety-nine times out of ten Dave won't make one for you, especially if you ask. Trust me, I've tried.

Q: How do I make a custom member title?

A: That oughta do it, chap. Look for the "Member Title" under Profile information.

Q: HELP! How can I change my setting so that I can just read every post in a thread instead of having to click every post apart?

A: Go to http://www.fireemble...ercp&tab=forums and change Topic Display Mode to Standard.

Q: Hey, can we have a [suchandsuch] subforum for all of us who love [suchandsuch]?

A: Please direct all queries here.

Q: I made an oopsie post. Can I delete it?

A: NO.

Q: Wher do i post sprite?

A: You can make a topic for multiple sprites in our Fan Sprites subforum, or post it in this topic. NOTE: These are for battle sprites only.

Q: Where do i post mug?

A: Again, you can make a topic for multiple mugs in the Fan Sprites subforum, or you can post it in the Mug Feedback Thread.

Q: Do I post a new topic for each mug/sprite?

No, you dumbshit. That'd be like posting a new status on facebook every time you took a crap. That's what twitter is for. Make one topic for all of your mugs and sprites.

Q: can i enter this public contest that anyone can enter?

A: YES. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE PUBLIC CONTESTS.

Q: What is warn status and how does one make it go away?

A: Well, if you've been a bad little girl or bad little boy, the people in charge have this fun little system where you get a few chances to screw up. When you screw up, the bump up your warn status until you have so much that they suspend you, or if you keep it up, ban you. You can make it go back down by being a GOOD little child.

Q: Who's Jarly?

A: Jarlaxle was a member from many and many a year ago. He and/or She was a bitchy mexican who kept being mean/stupid/hilarious to the poor people of FEEFtown, and so Dave blew his/her brains in with the Bannhammer. Then shhe came back a thousand kajillionbazillion times, and Dave banned shim, eventually after each one. You see, after you're banned, the moderating staff generally frowns upon you returning while masquerading as someone else. If you want to know more, please consult your local psychopharmacologist.

Q: Is Metronome Jewish?

A: No.
Nah, just kidding, of course he's Jewish. I mean, did you see those houses he bought for our family? I gave him one dollar the day I adopted him. He made his first million in two days. How could he NOT be Jewish?

Q: What are these things people keep saying all over the place, like "WAT NO NP"?

A: It's an easy enough to explain without.

~
TO BE CONTINUED...

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#2 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

[reserved, just in case]

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#3 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:47 AM

There's a 100 Reputation badge, IIRC. Dave had that until the +1000 was implemented.

And people argue that Atsuma's female.

That's quite good!

:D

#4 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Incorrect, my good miss. Yosh has +111 reputation ('gratz, btw) and he currently does not have such badge!

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#5 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hmm, it's supposed to be there.

What is the meaning of this.

Edit: There.

#6 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

Q: Who's Jarly?
A: Jarlaxle was a member from many and many a year ago. He was a bitchy mexican who kept being mean/stupid/hilarious to the poor people of FEEFtown, and so Dave blew his brains in with the Bannhammer. Then he came back a thousand kajillionbazillion times, and Dave banned him, eventually after each one. You see, after you're banned, the moderating staff generally frowns upon you returning as someone else. If you want to know more, please consult your local psychopharmacologist.

Wrong gender. I think. Or not. OH GOD IM SO CONFUSED

Posted Image

YES.

#7 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

Awwwwwwww yeah.

EDIT: HOLY SHITBITCH +100 REP ICON

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#8 Kattriella

Kattriella

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

In regards to the reputation buttons: I've been wondering what those are for.

In regards to Jarly: :blink: Yikes . . .

#9 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Q: I made an oopsie post. Can I delete it?
A: NO.

<3
Posted Image

#10 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

Q: HAY I WANT TO HAVE A THING LIKE FRICK OR NITRO, THE THING THAT SAYS "AHHH COMMUNIST! OR FRICK > DEATH HOW DO I GET ONE?!
A: First of all, you're breaking at least three rules and guidelines of the internet by typing in all caps

But what if it's October 22nd? You can't be too upset at people for observing Capslock Day.
Posted Image

#11 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

You win this round, Agent McMuffin...

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#12 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

I can. That's a pagan holiday. Therefore, I can roar at it all I want.
Posted Image

#13 Reaps

Reaps
    Veteran
  • Pink fluffy unicorn

• Veterans
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

faq- is metro a jew?..i asked myself it many times before speaking to him
but myayy this thread will help out the newbs :D good going byo dear <3

#14 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

I am indubitably a Jew =/
Posted Image

#15 Reaps

Reaps
    Veteran
  • Pink fluffy unicorn

• Veterans
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

newbies might not know and maybe..they question it. i did for a week or so.

#16 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

That's CRAZY talk.
Posted Image

#17 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

No more spamming in my FAQ.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#18 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:01 AM

On the condition that you add:

Q: Is Metronome Jewish?

A: Yes. He certainly is. Seriously. Bad things can happen if you need to ask further.
Posted Image

#19 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

I'll add what I feel like.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#20 Metronome

Metronome