130 replies to this topic

#21 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hmm... Well, that's some decent advice. I must admit, I don't particularly like most units from PoR. I'll probably intentionally kill off Ike for a few game overs just because I hate him. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for characters.

Maybe I'll just use all characters with the same coloured hair, plus Micaiah Sothe and Ike. Maybe.

There are chapters where you fight against Ike, and like, all the mercenaries. You can just kill them then. ;)

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#22 Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage

Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

There are chapters where you fight against Ike, and like, all the mercenaries. You can just kill them then. ;)

It's great to keep track of when those chapters are. That way,right before you end a level with the mercenaries, you can have them equip iron swords and stuff like that. Then you fight them as Daein the next level, and they have shitty weapons. Easy xp, and pretty funny too
Vika- without a doubt, the most useless unit in the game

#23 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

Or no weapons, at all.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#24 Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage

Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:45 AM

Trouble with that is, you dont get to go to base after you play as them. Youd have to dump the weapons off to someone on the field, run out of hits on them, or drop them.

#25 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

oright. My bad. <_>

You could just trade them at the end of the level and have one character kill the boss.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#26 BioLizard

BioLizard
  • Chook... Chook... who the hell is Chook? This is BioLizard!

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

I personally like the Greil Mercenaries a lot more than the Dawn Brigade.

But I like the Crimean army much more than the Greil Mercenaries so... there you go.

Because part 2 had some of my favorite levels in the game.

YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SCARABS!

NO!

#27 Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage

Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Part two had a nice little plot. And when I saw the cutscene at the end for the first time.... I deemed it the greatest thing I had ever seen. Most disappointing thing was seeing how much Astrid sucks, as she always is one of my top units on PoR. The battles themselves were pretty good, it would have been nice though had there been more than 4.... 5 if you include the prologue, which I really dont. I use the final battle to train Elincia as much as possible, since she surprisingly rapes in this game with Amiti and is a potential endgame unit for me.

#28 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

I just beat Part 2 Prologue.

At the end of Part one, I had trained the following units to approximately the following levels.

Volug: 17
Vika: 23
Micaiah: 20 / --
Alan: 20 / 03
Edward: 20 / 04
Jill: 20 / 03
Laura: 20 / 04
Sothe: -- / 03

Alan had nearly capped DEF, STR, and SKL, even after classup.
Edward had likewise for SPD and SKL
Laura had great MAG and RES, with a decent SKL.
Jill had decent everything, but nothing really stood out. I guess having a decent STR is a good thing for Jill, though?
Vika has capped SPD already.
Micaiah had capped MAG and nearly capped RES
Sothe had only leveled up twice all part 1.
Volug was basically as you get him, but with more HP.

Supports:
Alan/Volug C
Micaiah/Sothe A
Edward/Laura A

I forget what I did to their skills, but rest assured, they were good. Alan, Micaiah, and Laura had forged weapons with tanked MT and Crit, Edward had a wind blade and a killing edge, Jill had a steel axe and a hammer.

For part 1, the list of characters with personality is as follows, scaled with stars ranging from one to five, one being slight personality, five being a full personality:

Izuka ****
Tormod **
Vika *
Maurim ***
Queen Wolf ****
Black Knight ***
Volug *****
Rafiel *
Kurth *
Merchants *****
Jarod *****
Jarod's Dead Buddy **
Laura *

#29 BioLizard

BioLizard
  • Chook... Chook... who the hell is Chook? This is BioLizard!

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

oohhh.... Vika is a bit of a mistake, you get her way later in Part 4 again... she can be good if you stuff bonus exp down her throat... I guess. But I am just warning you.

Also who is Alan? I think Aran is more appropriate.

YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SCARABS!

NO!

#30 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Your DB team is over leveled if you were playing for speed. You were not. Almost all of the part one characters were trite and boring, cliche at best. Izuka is textbook scheming insane. Jarod is tritely evilly affable. He's such a boring character because they were lazy and wanted us to hate Begnion really fast. The character Derped. And Volug stayed silent storythrough. Not much spice.
Posted Image

#31 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Volug's silence spoke more of his personality than all of Nolan's lines put together, though. Also, I never said they had quality personalities, but they actually HAD them at least. I might want to chuck an extra asterisk over at Tormod for his RAGE AT FERAL ATTEMPT.

#32 Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage

Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

You wasted a lot of xp on Vika, who is just a waste of a character and as you noted, has no personality, except for the sure fact that she does hard core drugs. And yeah... Tormod should be more like a 4 or 5 imo.

#33 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

That list is totally askew D:
Posted Image

#34 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

Bizarre. Muarim, more personality than Tormod? What a joke. Muarim is too silent to have personality, Tormod at least is loud enough and out there enough to show personality, and has good talks with members of your team, including Sothe, which add more to his personality. Rating them equally might be somewhat understandable, even though Muarim is boring, but rating Muarim as showing more personality than Tormod? Completely absurd.

Not that I care that much. But LOL.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#35 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

Meh, Maurim had plenty of personality showing. He's just... Hawkeye.

Vika only talks like 3 times, and each of the three times she spoke she said something sarcastic. I plan on having her at level 40 eventually. So far, my list of characters I WANT to use, is as follows: from all the characters I've encountered...

Vika
Nephenee
Heather

I was almost going to include Makalov, but didn't.

#36 Zach

Zach
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

Nephenee is a BEAST. I play on hard and I don't think I would be able to make it through some levels without her.

#37 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:48 AM

If you don't train her, you don't use her. There's substitutes if you really need them. But it's true, no one unit will fill her niche so easily, since she does it so well.

Also, obligatory hate for the personality list.
Posted Image

#38 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

lol, why does Volug have five stars?

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#39 Zach

Zach
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

He's fine in the first couple chapters you get him, but....... He sucks the rest of the game. :P

#40 Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage

Haar+Nephenee=Pwnage
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Agreed, Volug sucks. The only reason he's worth keeping alive is that in chapter four, you can unequip his wildheart skill and give it to someone worthwhile.. like Skrimir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users