So's Yoshi.

#4 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:20 PM

Ehh? So that barehand dude was PS2-specific, Link was in GCN... Who was in the Xbox game? Or was there an Xbox game?

But neh, I don't know anything about these things, so I'll just leave this thread to discussion of tiers. *leaves*

That's quite good!

:D

#5 Dark Sage

Dark Sage

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Spawn is the XBOX exclusive. Interestingly, if you hack the game to get Inferno or the like, the name Spawn will appear below the life bar, regardless of what system you're on.

Might do a SC3 tier list.

#6 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

I was classically a Cassandra user.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#7 Krevin

Krevin
    Uber
  • who is Goldstar?

• Uber
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Ivy
Yoshimitsu
Xianghua

High
Astaroth
Berserker
Sophitia
Taki
Cervantaes
Heihachi
Cassandra

Mid
Necrid
Nightmare
Mistsurugi
Kilik
Lizardman
Maxi
Voldo

Low
Seung Mina
Talim
Assassin
Spawn

Bottom
Link
Yunsung

I thought it was something like
S: Cervantes, Xianghua, Mitsurugi
A: Yoshimitsu, Ivy, Casandra, Taki, Heihachi
B: Astaroth, Maxipad, Talim, Sophitia, Voldo, Raphael
C: Nightmare, Spawn, Sueng Mina
D: Berserker, Assassin, Lizardman
E: Link, Yunsung

I'm 100% positive about top tier having Cervantes and Mitsurugi though.

EDIT: Doesn't matter, though. Nobody cares about SC2 since SC4 is out.

15yzn6a.jpg

#8 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

EDIT: Doesn't matter, though. Nobody cares about SC2 since SC4 is out.

loliknorite?

But I don't see any reason why Link is bottom, nor do I see wh Ivy is top. And how does a 3D fighter have a tier list? It doesn't make any sense.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#9 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:52 AM

Oh yeah, I used Raphael a LOT too.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#10 Urath_Dagon

Urath_Dagon
  • Lord of Newbs

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

I have been Nightmare since the first game,but after his host was freed (Siegfried) I started to play as both Nightmare and Siegfried mainly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
War of the Mercenaries- A story different than what you've heard before!

#11 Krevin

Krevin
    Uber
  • who is Goldstar?

• Uber
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I played Nightmare exclusively in SC1. In SC2, I spammed Raph to get through story mode, and didn't really have a main because Nightmare was my best, but he was so freakishly slow. Never played SC3, it looked like shit and everybody told me it sucked. In SC4 I main Nightmare, alt Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, and Cervantes, with a little bit of Raphael and Maxipad every now and then. I like how Nightmare is a not-garbage character in SC4.

15yzn6a.jpg

#12 Mav

Mav
    Uber
  • Society's Heretic

• Uber
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

I like how Nightmare is a not-garbage character in SC4.

Nightmare is all I ever touch in SC4. Well, next to Taki and Mitsurugi.
I just find Taki's combo's alot simpler to perform compared to most people.

Also, I basicaslly only mean this in terms of Fighting Style. I just use Custom Characters for everything other then story mode.

EDIT: Shit, forgot about Maxi. I can kick some ass with Maxi.
I honestly never found Yoshimitsu very good. :/

Tumblr_mqzcnrWpva1rhrpqmo2_500.gif

#13 Bearistoopro

Bearistoopro
    Veteran
  • 9 or 10.

• Veterans
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

Ivy should be third best
Yoshimitsu should not be top tier, top/mid high tier instead
Xianghua is undoubtably the best character competitively

High
Astaroth You on crack, nigga. Astaroth is slow and easy to face rape if you get in his face. Lower mid tier at best.
Berserker lol @ counting the facelesses
Sophitia bahahaha what. That's just no. Sophitia is not high tier, she's trash.
Taki nothing to say except maybe should be a bit higher
Cervantaes lol astaroth and sophitia are not better than cervantes, hell he's probably the second best character in the game.
Heihachi iirc, heihachi wasn't that amazing. but since I don't know shit about him I won't bother with it
Cassandra decently accurate

Mid
Necrid Even placing Necrid on this tier list says that you have never been to a SC2 tourney in your life. He's banned.
Nightmare mid tier is a bit too forgiving for him, but eh.
Mistsurugi yet again, placing Mits here instead of top five shows that you haven't played a SC2 tourney. not trying to be a jerk but it's evident
Kilik meh, I say a bit higher.
Lizardman "lol @ couting the facelesses"
Maxi lower
Voldo never cared for him, so sure

Low
Seung Mina lol what the hell. she should be bottom of high/top of mid.
Talim lol talim's great. not top tier but queen of mid for sure.
Assassin "lol @ counting the facelesses"
Spawn same with heihachi

Bottom
Link hurrah the hero of time
Yunsung as it should be

ITT bad tier lists for dead fighting games + Erif is a stupid nub for thinking Link should be anything but low tier and lol for not understanding why Ivy's one of the best characters.

Actually, I had a larger lol @ X not being the best character because of how badly she counters most viable characters. Nightmare's the closest you can get to calling a counter, and even then, the player has to be near flawless with stance mindgames and whatnot.
Posted Image

#14 Krevin

Krevin
    Uber
  • who is Goldstar?

• Uber
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

I think you kinda have to factor in the console for each tier list. I mean, tier lists are based on matchups, and if your Heihachi, Spawn, and Link matchups aren't all identical (they never will be), then your character is going to change from game to game. Admittedly I didn't really get THAT into competitive SC2, but I know that there's characters that are gonna have bad matchups with Heihachi or Spawn that just rape Link's face off, so that should effect their placement from game to game.

15yzn6a.jpg

#15 Dark Sage

Dark Sage

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Yoshimitsu's moves are safe, effective, easy to combo, and powerful. Top is a great placement for him.

Astaroth has among the best throws in the game, range, and his down sweep move is pretty hard to defend. Overall, he might drop a bit, but high's the best tier list. And never call me a n word.

Sophitia is again, quite safe. Her moves can be quite brutal, with Angel Step being nearly identical to Cassandra's. Her defense is also pretty good as is her speed. Lower might be nice.

Cervantes on the other hand, is quite unsafe. Lots of his moves are easy to telegraph and dodge effectively. He's powerful, but Top tier is a no. Besides, he was depowered in damage from the last game, so Top is not justified. Taki is just plain better in every area.

Mitsurugi is ok. Nice Mid Range but attacks are pretty telegraphed and easy to defend. Why he is mid. He is not at all among the top 5.

LOL at NIghtmare being too high. Range plus nice throws plus the like means awesome.

Necrid has a small movepool, and some are well telegraphed, meaning top of Mid is a good placement. He could be higher. He may be banned, but I'm still tiering him anyway.

Talim slips really easily. Her attacks are weak in damage, with the others being easy to guard. Overall, Low tier is good.

Forgot Raphael. Top of Low.

So yeah. In conclusion why my positions are justified.

I admit I'm a little biased towards Yoshi though.

Heihachi's placement is the Ten hit combo he can do, plus defense. He might drop due to range.

#16 Bearistoopro

Bearistoopro
    Veteran
  • 9 or 10.

• Veterans
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

Yoshimitsu's moves are safe, effective, easy to combo, and powerful. Top is a great placement for him. X's are safer and he tends to have issues with the Cervantes matchup, who is an extremely common character. not saying he's bad or anything, just not top tier material imo

Astaroth has among the best throws in the game, range, and his down sweep move is pretty hard to defend. Overall, he might drop a bit, but high's the best tier list. And never call me a n word. BAHAHAHAAH throws. If you're not able to immediately break out of a throw then you're playing the game wrong. And his sweep move is ohsoeasy to jump or just move away from because of how slow its start up is. It's also generally the most dangerous thing the player could do because of the fact that even Nightmare could walk up to him and stop it before it even does anything.

Sophitia is again, quite safe. Her moves can be quite brutal, with Angel Step being nearly identical to Cassandra's. Her defense is also pretty good as is her speed. Lower might be nice. Cassandra is safe, Sophitia is not. Also, while both have the same matchup problems, Sophitia gets the short end of the stick for a majority of them when compared to Cassandra. Are you sure you're not mixing up the two?

Cervantes on the other hand, is quite unsafe. Lots of his moves are easy to telegraph and dodge effectively. He's powerful, but Top tier is a no. Besides, he was depowered in damage from the last game, so Top is not justified. Taki is just plain better in every area. Unsafe? Easy to telegraph? lol maybe if the Cerv player is stupid. most of his moves come out quick and do more damage than they really should, and he's only going to have trouble vs. X, who is the 1984 safe from Banjo Tooie.

Mitsurugi is ok. Nice Mid Range but attacks are pretty telegraphed and easy to defend. Why he is mid. He is not at all among the top 5. Because it's not like he eats faggots like Astaroth for breakfest. He has the best low in the game, without a doubt, and has a very good agro game going for him. How is he not top 5 (albeit I say he should be 5 lol)

LOL at NIghtmare being too high. Range plus nice throws plus the like means awesome. LOL @ throws being included into this at all. His range is utter shit compared to Ivysaur and he's slow, slow, slooooooow. He's extremely hard to get into varying stances without being the most obvious motherfucker for what he's going to do when in that stance, and did I mention that he's slow?

Necrid has a small movepool, and some are well telegraphed, meaning top of Mid is a good placement. He could be higher. He may be banned, but I'm still tiering him anyway. you tiering him = nub move. He's banned, don't you get that? He's consider too good. Any reasoning you try to give for him being mid tier is going to be flawed and wrong. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but that's like if I said "hay guys lol in my brawl tier list MK is bottom of mid because his moves look the same" (granted MK isn't banned).

Talim slips really easily. Her attacks are weak in damage, with the others being easy to guard. Overall, Low tier is good. I /facepalmed. Slips really easily? What does that even mean? And her attacks are weak if you isolate them, maybe, but it's ridiculously easy to string them together against someone like Astaroth. She's not perfect and is generally not as good as Taki, but I stand by my statement of queen of mid.

Forgot Raphael. Top of Low. agree'd

So yeah. In conclusion why my positions are justified. Why you think they're justified, I believe you mean.

I admit I'm a little biased towards Yoshi though. it's k, I'm kind of toward Talim (albeit I don't think top of mid is an extreme claim by any means)

Heihachi's placement is the Ten hit combo he can do, plus defense. He might drop due to range. But does he have any worthwhile lows? If not, then he might as well be bottom of mid.

oh, and maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that everyone had the same defense? w/e though.

I haven't played SC2 or looked SC2 discussion for competitive stuff in ages, so this is all off of my shaky memory lol.
Posted Image

#17 Dark Sage

Dark Sage

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

Contrary to your belief, unless you're looking at somebody's controller, it can be a little difficult to tell which button someone's going to use when throwing. Throws are actually somewhat used in tournaments which is why Astaroth is not considered garbage. He also has his own set of tricks and range is nice anyway.

Next, I looked at various SC2 tier lists, and it's generally agreed that Necrid is mid tier. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Next, Many of Cervantes's moves are unsafe and easily telegraphed. For instance Dread Charge and his other most powerful moves take some time to charge up and leave him open. Not to say he's bad. In fact he's risen now to near top of high. He's just not teh bestest or anything.

Slipping as in when she moves, she has a habit of bouncing off targets. Her combos can be blocked pretty well actually.

And if you're going to do nothing but go "Your list sucks" and "You are an idiot and don't know how to play", get out. There's a difference between constructive criticism and rudeness.

And look at an actual SC2 tier list.

#18 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Oh great Bear's back.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#19 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Before brothers bring back Bear's being back, brothers become belittled because Bear's back but briefly.
Posted Image

#20 Krevin

Krevin
    Uber
  • who is Goldstar?

• Uber
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

Next, I looked at various SC2 tier lists, and it's generally agreed that Necrid is mid tier. I'm sorry, but it's true.

You hear that? He's looked at TIER lists! He must know ALL there is to know about the game!

Quick thought, how credible are those tier lists? Are they just something thrown together by a scrub when the game first came out and there was no metagame, or is it legit? I mean, I could say the tier list is

Astaroth
Raphael
Kilik

Mid
Maxi
Nightmare
Cassandra

Low
Link
Taki
Mitsurugi

, but would that actually mean anything? Nope.

Bear isn't just saying "your list sucks and you're stupid," he's saying "your list sucks and these are the reasons why you're stupid." It's still criticism, but it's constructive, which is what you're complaining about anyways, so you're just not making sense.

15yzn6a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users