80 replies to this topic

#1 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

I was wondering, since we have nothing our main page, and nearly 80% of our older members don't give a shit about Fire Emblem, if the forums should be more focused on a wider gaming coverage, like Elemental Temple.

It's just that it leaves more room for staff writers who don't necessarily want to write Fire Emblem specific content, and brings in a larger number of people who don't just play FE.

Plus, we don't even come close to comparing ourselves to FE Planet and Serenes Forest, in terms of content. But our forums shits on theirs. (IMO, I don't need to get flamed by the latest members from SF because they think SF has a "nicer environment".)

Y/N?
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#2 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

This quote should apply.

Lol, you joined FEE2F to talk about Fire Emblem.

:whistle:

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#3 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

I was wondering, since we have nothing our main page, and nearly 80% of our older members don't give a shit about Fire Emblem, if the forums should be more focused on a wider gaming coverage, like Elemental Temple.

It's just that it leaves more room for staff writers who don't necessarily want to write Fire Emblem specific content, and brings in a larger number of people who don't just play FE.

Plus, we don't even come close to comparing ourselves to FE Planet and Serenes Forest, in terms of content. But our forums shits on theirs. (IMO, I don't need to get flamed by the latest members from SF because they think SF has a "nicer environment".)

Y/N?

Elemental Temple failed horribly after we tried to branch out, the same would most likely happen here. It's too hard to cover a wide range of games. Some kind of editorialish feature would be a possibility, though... just not in-depth coverage.

and btw, I was planning on starting up a revival project for the main site in a couple of weeks. Just have five mid-semester exams to get through first.

#4 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:43 AM

I'll help write content.
To be honest, I don't do anything. Usually.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#5 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Oh, I had no idea. :/

K then, if you think it's a bad idea,there's no reason to bother. I'll definitely be a staffer, though.

Byo writes shit content.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#6 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Well we do need to come up with some unique features that the Japanese speakers over at SF can't just translate from Japanese FE wikis.

Problem is, FE is pretty limited in that regard.

#7 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

I suggest we find some sort of "specialty" - like fan work, RPing hacking, large amounts of content, etc - that we can, well, specialize in. But something that hasn't already been done a thousand times :/

Your right though. It's hard to think something up. walkththroughs?
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#8 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

Map-based RPs like Fatal Paradise? I mean, if we became THE place for playing fire emblem online with other people? We could even just steal maps and characters and plots from the real FE games, and just assign specific characters to specific people. Like... Krevin could have dibs on playing Sain for a "run" of FE7 done entirely on our forums.

#9 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

Except EVERYONE would fight over being the tactician.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#10 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:37 AM

That's just it, FEEF would be the tactician, and we'd each be units.

#11 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:40 AM

Map-based RPs like Fatal Paradise? I mean, if we became THE place for playing fire emblem online with other people? We could even just steal maps and characters and plots from the real FE games, and just assign specific characters to specific people. Like... Krevin could have dibs on playing Sain for a "run" of FE7 done entirely on our forums.

That's great, but who's going to set it all up? Run it? Maintain it? Keep people interested in it?

Not gonna happen :mellow:

#12 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

You need a tactician to run the army. It'd be like running an RP without someone to keep the story moving.
People would randomly troll and get themselves killed, or run away for no reason, or just not post at all and stall.
Someone would want to kill a unit, but then another person would complain for getting exp-jacked.

It's good in theory, but in execution it would fail.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#13 Gypsum

Gypsum
  • cyaz shiela

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:43 AM

Isn't it enough for us to be the super cool doods that hate everybody?

Because we've basically done that for a while and it's been going pretty nicely.

you fucked up son

#14 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

We'd need separate people running each one, to lessen the workload, but essentially all it needs is a statsheet for each character, for each weapon, for each terrain, a random number generator, and a calculator. Well, that and the ability to make maps. Heck, I could run one, if I had the motivation to do it and people were interested.

The person running it would be responsible for everything. We'd have to have real-life times for ending of turns and starting of turns, and any unit that hadn't moved would just wait where they were without doing anything. If a unit dies, it can just be sent to -hp like in FP. As for killstealing... tough shit. If someone stole your EXP, just go attack something else instead.

#15 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

But it'd basically just be a larger/more open version of FP, which is inactive enough as it is.

These things always fail in the end... I see no point in trying another, tbph. There will never be enough interest, and there will always be people who get sick of running the thing and abandon it.

#16 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:53 AM

If you say so. I just figured it's about the only FE related thing we could do that nobody else is already doing better. Sure, it'd require some work, but not as much as doing spriting better then feplanet, or something.

#17 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

I was actually gonna offer to help get the content back up and fill out some of the game info a few weeks back and never got around to it.

But oops I have college to attend to now.
Posted Image

#18 Bearistoopro

Bearistoopro
    Veteran
  • 9 or 10.

• Veterans
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

I could write content for anything as long as it's not a RP or Fanfic or something.

Shit, I just severely limited the spectrum, didn't I?
Posted Image

#19 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hey, whatever-the-fuck-it-was-called (RtV) worked out pretty well until Yosh decided to become unactive.

How about a combination of map-based RPs and text-based RPs?
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#20 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Isn't it enough for us to be the super cool doods that hate everybody?

Because we've basically done that for a while and it's been going pretty nicely.

I agree with this. After slowly leaking in new content, so we're not completely off kilter, we should just keep going with our usual.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users