80 replies to this topic

#21 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hey, whatever-the-fuck-it-was-called (RtV) worked out pretty well until Yosh decided to become unactive.

UHHhhh Ecuse me! ECUSE mE!
If I remember correctly, I was keeping RtV active and fun for months after Yosh left. Granted, I never Bonus room'd, and there wasn't much storyline development, but I kept it alive some.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#22 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

I miss RtV, now that I remember it.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#23 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

I don't even know what it was, and it's the thing that sparked my idea in the first place.

#24 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

rtv was the tits.

anyway BACK ON TOPICLOL

I can help with shit. Mainly, I think we should have the best walkthroughs and such. it wouldn't be too difficult if you set them up as interactive, you know, so different parts are pages you click on form the main walkthrough page rather than going to gameFAGS and ctrl-f'ing all day. You can do mouseover windows that show graphics, additional details, etc. We can do a more comprehensive job of providing level-by-level average stats for characters as well as additional factors for debate such as skills, weapons, base weapon levels, you know, all that stuff. Would be useful if debaters could simply go straight to us to see a comprehensive page with all the tedious info needed for debate.

As good as many of the other FE fansites are with content, nobody really has this down properly. Sure, you cna go to Serenes to get this stuff, but you gotta patch it together from a bunch of different pages. And they're all different, with different formats. If we were consistent and uniform, it'd be a major plus. We're already pretty dashing, we just need the content to back it up.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#25 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

Agreed.

I also thiink Text and map-based RPS aren't such a bad idea. :/
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#26 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:50 AM

I also thiink Text and map-based RPS aren't such a bad idea. :/

Fire Emblem + Borderlands = Profit?
Posted Image

#27 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

I just puked a little bit.
Posted Image

#28 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

What's borderlands?

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#29 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:10 AM

Don't even bother with the review, just know that he's insinuating the game's theme.
Posted Image

#30 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

I still don't get it.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#31 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

He's saying to take all the medieval out of a fire emblem text/map RP
Posted Image

#32 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:20 AM

Oh.
That's stupid.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#33 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:21 AM

I was playing off the minor typo of RPS (rather than RPs) which was Borderlands' advertising gimmick, a "Role-Playing Shooter." My jokes need to be less subtle. :\
Posted Image

#34 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:29 AM

+1 to Yosh just for using "dashing".

Honestly, before we even get into "How can we be better/unique/etc... ?" we should get the old stuff back up.

30bct1w.gifYQsigofpwnage.giflatias.gif
Banner made by former FEEF'er Shadow Wolf

#35 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:31 AM

Well... yeah. But... you got me there.

Still a stupid idea D;
Posted Image

#36 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

I can help with shit. Mainly, I think we should have the best walkthroughs and such. it wouldn't be too difficult if you set them up as interactive, you know, so different parts are pages you click on form the main walkthrough page rather than going to gameFAGS and ctrl-f'ing all day. You can do mouseover windows that show graphics, additional details, etc. We can do a more comprehensive job of providing level-by-level average stats for characters as well as additional factors for debate such as skills, weapons, base weapon levels, you know, all that stuff. Would be useful if debaters could simply go straight to us to see a comprehensive page with all the tedious info needed for debate.

As good as many of the other FE fansites are with content, nobody really has this down properly. Sure, you cna go to Serenes to get this stuff, but you gotta patch it together from a bunch of different pages. And they're all different, with different formats. If we were consistent and uniform, it'd be a major plus. We're already pretty dashing, we just need the content to back it up.

I think we tried to do this back in 2007, but then all of the staff disappeared and it never went anywhere.

If we can get a few people together to focus on all of the different aspects that would be involved (if we're talking full walkthrough here, then that's basically everything that you can think of), I think it'd be a really good idea. And I could make it look fucking sexy.

#37 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

The walkthroughs would be a lot harder to put together as opposed to the debate stats. For the most part, the debate stats are just info that's already out there but needs to be put together. With loveliness.

Personally, I think it'd be cool if the page for this (for radiant dawn, for instance) would show all of the characters' names in a sidebar. When you mouse over a character's name, a small popup window shows their face. click the name, and the page displays their information, but of course the sidebar remains intact, so you can click somebody else to bring up their info.

Or another approach for better useability in debates would be a checkboxes system. For instance, you've got the sidebar with all the names and they all have checkboxes. Say I want to compare Zihark and Mia. I check their boxes and both of their info is displayed. Or even make it so that if you check a character, additional checkboxes come up for you to check off which info about the character you want displayed - Chapter Availability, Average Stats, Growths, etc etc etc.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#38 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hmm, it'd be a bit of a nightmare to code the framework for such a system. It's all possible, though, and could look pretty nice. And once it's set up, it'd just be a matter of entering all of the data into the database tables, which even a monkey would be capable of doing.

#39 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

*raises hand*

I'm a monkey.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#40 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

I could pass for a monkey.

And yeah, I see whatcha mean about it being a serious commitment to code, but... any really nice system that gets us attention would be ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users