• corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

POPULAR

Persona: REBIRTH

Welcome to Renaissance Island.

Posted Image

Previously an unclaimed piece of land in the North Atlantic Ocean, a group of wealthy philanthropists – Campbell Smith, Benoit Lecache, and John Solomon have wholly renovated the island into a secluded haven of civilization, all built around the philanthropists’ dream – a palatial school built for higher education for the most elite of today’s youth: Renaissance Island School for the Elite, known colloquially as Ren High.

To populate the island, the philanthropists awarded a number of different scholarships to brilliant students from all over the world, inviting them to come with or without their families to live on the beautiful island. Still more were invited (though not awarded scholarships), with students from schools across the continents being alerted to this new opportunity. Over the summer, Renaissance Island’s travel center was overrun by eager families and students, all coming to experience the new opportunities available to them in this new place. Fall approaches, and the students prepare…

Around this magnificent school, the founders built a comfortably-designed city, complete with elegantly simple residential areas, and an expansive shopping district. The lush scenery and beautiful beaches naturally complement the additions made by the founders, making Renaissance Island nothing short of an intellectual’s paradise.

Notable locations include:

•Ren High
The namesake. A massive school for advanced learning.

•Cedarvale Park
A quiet, grassy park, with some playground equipment for children, jungle gyms, sandboxes, and other necessities. Students often come to relax, or read, or simply hang out here. Up on a nearby hill, several benches sit facing a beautiful view of the ocean, towards the setting sun.

•Argent Mall
An expansive shopping mall on the east side of the island, this mall contains a multitude of stores, a movie theatre, and other amenities.

•Rousseau/Penseur/Descartes Beach
Three different beaches, located around the island in almost a triangle pattern. There are some dank caves around the coast of Penseur beach, and the wind blowing through these rock formations causes a curious moaning noise - the subject of many a ghost story in the school.

•Renaissance Line Rail
Solomon's pride and joy, this train system runs in almost a celtic-knot shape, providing transport to and from everywhere on the island. There are stations in each main district, with one Central Station in the direct center of the island.

•Renaissance Travel Center (Airport and Harbor)
The only way to leave, and the only way anyone can arrive. The Travel Center supports both air and sea travel, both for commercial purposes and personal enjoyment - some of the richer students rent docks to keep their own personal vessels in.

•Smith District
Named for one of the founders, the Smith District is home to all kinds of shops and services not found in Argent Mall. Barbershops, dry-cleaning services, used-book stores and all kinds of shops line the streets. A community billboard and a quaint, wide water fountain rest at the center of this area - often, "help wanted" ads and other announcements can be found on the billboard. Other job opportunities and buy/sell sections can be found in any newspaper, found at any local convenience kiosk around the island.

To submit a character, please fill out:

Name: (Self explanatory)

Surface Bio: Their personality as they project it; how they are seen by others, and what someone might take away as a first impression. This doesn't have to go into much detail, as getting to know each others' characters through social interaction and conversation is an integral part of the story. Although the expectation is that the character is an incoming student to Ren High, you are not restricted to this.

Appearance: What they look like. This may be description, or sprite, or both.

Family: Whether they live with anyone, or came with family to the island. If not, simply say so.

And post in the topic. HOWEVER, you must also submit privately in a message to me:

Character’s psychological and emotional profile: What the character is truly like, underneath the surface. What their character wants, desires, any personal problems they have, secrets, fears, etc…

Arcana: You must select an Arcana from the list below.

(a) Fool - TAKEN
(B ) Magician
(c ) Priestess
(d) Empress
(e) Emperor
(f) Hierophant
(g) Lovers - TAKEN
(h) Chariot - TAKEN
(i) Justice - TAKEN
(j) Hermit - TAKEN
(k) Fortune - TAKEN
(l) Strength - TAKEN
(m) Hanged Man - TAKEN
(n) Death
(o) Temperance - TAKEN
(p) Devil
(q) Tower - TAKEN
(r ) Star - TAKEN
(s) Moon - TAKEN
(t) Sun - TAKEN

Arcana is given on a first-come, first serve basis. The post will be updated with taken Arcana.

Once we have a couple players, we will begin. Time will pass in days, beginning in September a day before the beginning of the school year. Each school day, students will have class, and then will have the option to take ONE action – ie., visiting various locations around Ren Island, hanging out with a friend, extracurriculars, etc. – before returning home. Other actions may eventually become available at home as the story continues.

To succeed, students will have to do well in school, and strive to improve themselves. By making friends, however, and strengthening their personal relationships, they strengthen themselves in ways not yet known to them...

Throughout the course of the school year, players will have to balance their social and academic obligations with the investigation of a series of most peculiar happenings… make your choices wisely, and you may uncover the truth. Choose poorly, and things will be forever unsolved…

Submissions open-ish.

Players & profiles:

Agatha & Eon art
Poc's Arcana Trait List
Zypher caldwell -- strain-guardian

C-c-c-classes

Spoiler

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#2 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:04 AM

Reserved post for future info

#3 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:22 AM

Cedarvale Park, probably from Toku's childhood, whether he consciously chose it or not :3

This interests me.

Also, Toku LOVES to make school based RPs.
Posted Image

#4 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

Shit man how did you know that

And no, not necessarily. Would a Persona game be anywhere else?

Title updated with link to tentative theme song!

#5 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

im considering drawing my character for this.

edit: its probably because of that theme song.

Edited by M.C MyZtery, 29 October 2010 - 03:37 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#6 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Name: Isato Hasai

Surface Bio: Isato seems cold, unemotional, and unsocial. Content to sit in the corner, as if he can't be bothered to interact with others.

Appearance: Thin and pale, Isato doesn't look as fit as he is. He usually wears a white dress shirt tucked into plain white slacks with a black belt. He wears square-rimmed glasses, and keeps his jet-black hair at around chin-length. His eyes, slightly slanted, are a dull turquoise.

Family: Isato lives in the dorms by himself. He was the only one in his family offered a scholarship, and they couldn't afford to pay to have her sister go to school at Ren high, so he came alone while his parents stayed to take care of her.

#7 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:40 AM

Also note that as this is not set in Japan, characters don't all need to have names like Akihiko or Satonaka. Neither is there a dress code.

Not pickin' on Rentok, just clarifying. :P

#8 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:43 AM

Isato Hasai has been my character name in every SMT game I've played so far except MegaTen. I am going to use it here as well.

#9 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

Haha, not picking on you, like I said. Don't forget that I need a profile in my inbox too.

Oh, all characters start with $10.

#10 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

ALRIGHT TEN BUCKS!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#11 Major

Major
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Edited missed private part
Yosh's signature got me hooked =_=
http://sir-zairon.mybrute.com

Posted Image

Kel: Fire Emblem D20
Posted Image

#12 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Name: Agatha Ganning

Surface Bio: Agatha Ganning is a very attractive child, very intelligent and very graceful. She is aloof, however, and does not take easily to strangers. She is greatly advanced in school because of her intellect, which exacerbates her social inequity. She has a tendency to be selfish and manipulative of others, but can be very generous to her few friends.

Appearance: Very attractive, has a tendency to captivate others. Raven-haired. Grey eyes. Dresses in a somewhat minimalist manner, in toned-down colors. Browns, Black, Beige.

Family: Agatha's parents were... not there. She lived with an elderly friend of her grandmother, who recently passed away. She is living on the island on private funding due to her excellent academic credentials.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#13 Major

Major
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Name: Basil Vantes

Age: 16, but is almost 17 (October 4) so he just says he is 17.

Surface Bio: Basil is one of the incoming students given a scholarship for his brilliance in a school overseas. He is fluent in Japanese, however he is a transfer student from London. He comes across as a brilliant, but distant character seeming off in his own world at times. While he isn't devoid of emotions he feels that important decisions can only be made when a person can distance themselves from emotional connection to a situation. On one hand, this leaves him rarely biased in making a choice, but at the same time can make him seem cold though he isn't meaning too, he's just trying to be unbiased. However, when it comes to hanging out with friends and having fun he seems as light and carefree as can be. The rational calculating nature only comes out when given a choice. He is a vast supporter of law and desires to be a detective when he gets old enough. As such he almost always jumps to the defense of those being hurt, his rational side being thrown out the window in cases of somebodyelse's safety.

Appearance: Basil tends to wear almost all black at times, usually wearing black scrub pants, black t-shirt, and a black trenchcoat that he wears regardless of the weather. He was given the coat by a now dead uncle so it carries an emotional connection to him and he feels naked without it. He has dark brown hair that is usually gelled back, though there are times when he wakes up too lazy to mess with it. It is short enough though that it doesn't usually matter. His face is covered in light facial hair that forms an thin beard.

Family: Basil's family lives in London other than his older sister. His father works there as an attorney and his mother is a police officer. His sister, while his current 'legal guardian' is normally out of town, though she swings by the school to check on him every so often to keep the parents happy.
Yosh's signature got me hooked =_=
http://sir-zairon.mybrute.com

Posted Image

Kel: Fire Emblem D20
Posted Image

#14 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

That makes three completed characters, 5 potential.

#15 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

Never played the games... but damn. I want in. Name is influenced by Of Mice an Men, tbh.

Name: Lennie Braws

Surface Bio: A freshman, born in the summer, in America. He appears happy, carefree, and unhurried where others are stressed. He cares more about having fun, or being lazy, than doing actual work. A strong believer in what he calls Lady Luck. He acts a bit strangely sometimes. How he got into Ren High, no one knows. He makes friends easily, and loses them the same way. He prefers to have a lot of friends rather than a few close ones, though he does spend more time hanging out with a few people.

Appearance: Black hair, not long or short. A sloped nose, half-closed eyes, and a small smile give him the look of a slacker. He's pretty tall, and slim, but not threatening-looking. He wears cargo shorts, a skull-and-crossbones black T-shirt, and occasionally he wears a jacket.

Family: Lives alone near the campus- no one knows exactly where.

PM coming.

send help

#16 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

Alright, I guess I can conclude that there's definitely interest. Shall I do the "brochure" writeups of those locations then?

#17 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

If that's what floats your boat, homie. I'm down.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#18 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

Name: Fabian DuBois

Surface Bio: Careless and outgoing, Fabian cares little about what happens in the world. He appears to have a childlike curiosity and innocence to him, and happily talks to anyone he runs across. He is also notable for his vulgarity, and apparent lack of any knowledge for social etiquette. Many of his actions are not driven by any need or want, but rather for experience. It has been said that he is at least somewhat brilliant, but he refuses to outwardly show this side of himself. He has also been marked as a womanizer by his peers. Fabian is friends with nearly everyone, but close to very few, as he rarely reveals any information about his personal life.

Appearance: Fabian has striking blue hair, and is commonly seen wearing a pair of aviators. He is rarely seen without flannel. He wears what appears to be a peacoat with a hood during the colder months. (fullbody)

Family: Nobody knows much about Fabian's family. He lives alone in the city in a well-furnished apartment he rented out. Whether he inherited some vast sum of wealth from his family or gained the money through other means, Fabian could hardly be described as stingy with the money he has. He supposedly has a sister.

#19 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

flannel.

I barely get this reference, but I know it's to Frick, who I barely knew, kinda.

FUCK YES!

Also, your sig reminds me of the South park episode Insheeption. Damn good.

send help

#20 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

Its not to Frick. Me and Frick just agreed over the use of flannel.

You're probably too young to know, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users