1398 replies to this topic

#1381 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Well, I AM running it currently. Just in Skype, like I said. Nitro was playing an effeminate art student named Johnny but he had to stop due to real-life schoolstuff.

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#1382 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Oh.

Well then.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#1383 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

I said in the topic that's how it was gonna go, and noninterest was declared. :mellow:

#1384 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

ye... honestly still feel a little sour about that. i understand that we werent keeping it up, etc, but inviting nonforum people to take part in it and basically just take it over is improper. frankly you should have just started a new one, but it's water under the bridge by now.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#1385 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Not sure how it's improper. It was never really a strictly-FEEF thing in the first place. It faltered here, so I took it somewhere else. And if my other friends are excited and able to take part, I'm not going to stop them. Plus, I did offer playership to the FEEF people here for the reboot, and invited those who wanted to.

I can't keep it to its original playerbase if the original playerbase no longer comes here/is interested.

But yeah, we did start anew. Story started again from the beginning with different intros, different details, all that. We didn't just pick up from where this one left off, if that's what you meant.

#1386 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

well you would have if we had agreed to move with it. what i felt was improper is that we had an idea which everybody worked on but was, as you say, faltering - without asking us, you went ahead and invited people outside of this forum and community to join in.

sure, the idea is yours, the rp is "yours"... but without anybody else it wasn't an rp, it wasn't anything. though i'm sure you had an original plan and story that the characters would go along, we created the actual thing through our participation.

it's not like it matters now, but i don't see any reason that i shouldn't let you know straight up that i was highly disappointed in your choices.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#1387 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Alright, though I don't understand it. The others are creating something different now because they do want to play, and have sustained interest in it after the brief period of novelty, unlike what apparently happened to this, and what happens to most things here. I was disappointed it was abandoned by FEEFly folk, but I don't think the proper response was to never touch it again. I like the setting, and the story, and I'm certainly not going to abandon it after other folks do.

I guess I'm just not sure why you resent a story moving on without you if you're not interested in moving with it in the first place?

#1388 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

I don't, I resent that you took a story I was a part of (which didn't end because of my disinterest, but rather the general disinterest of the rest of the group) and chose to move it to a different group. you did not advertise wanting to start a new version with the same general backstory, you simply said that more people were joining and you wanted to move it elsewhere.

and of course what you did is exactly that, start over anew, but that wasn't your original plan, which is what I was disappointed in. you continue to have a stance of "my story, i do what i want with it", while ignoring my stance that it was everyone's story. In my opinion it isn't a story moving on without me, it's a story that was taken away. In fact, my last post here before this was brought back up was that I would be interested in sitting in on the session, an invitation to which never came.

#1389 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Oh, well, then I wasn't clear enough before. Never intended to just pick up where the old one left off. If it makes you feel better, entirely new directions were taken, new details were present, and an entirely different path is being taken so far. Just observing the posts, your stance didn't appear to be about any community-ownership issue, just that Skype RP was "so fleeting" and "just playing pretend", "might as well LARP", "not a real story", etc. etc. I took offense because I was heavily invested in several Skype RPs that I participate in/run. So I attempted to be civil, and inform you that you didn't have to participate if you no longer wanted to.

With regard to it being "my story, I do what I want", nobody OWNS the story except potentially Atlus, in the strictest terms. I am, however, the one running it, and surely you understand that I would rather move it to a setting/medium where it can prosper and be enjoyed rather than let it stagnate and let the people whose interactions control the story steadily drop out or lose interest bit by bit. I offered you an invitation, and you declined; I'm not sure what you would have rather I did - my other options were abandoning it altogether, or attempting to restart it anew on the forums, which frankly I think would be a tiresome rehash for the first several topic pages or meet the same end. I'm not happy it happened, I would have loved to continue running it here.

The reason you didn't get an invitation is because you're not really on Skype anymore, as far as I've seen? Never saw you online, beyond that one conversation with Myz and folks.

#1390 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Well regardless of whether you see me online or not, I did post up there that I would be interested in sitting in on a session. As for the rest, I don't really need to be made to feel better about anything - as I said before, it's all water under the bridge. You will have to accept, however, that people don't always agree with your choices or your logic - you may be Atlus for all I care; the story doesn't exist without your players. Starting a "new game" in an environment where it can prosper is one thing, but referring to the whole thing as "moving it" creates the implication that I resented.

#1391 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Well, feel free to log into it and check. You're in the conversation now.

I apologize for my choice of words offending you, then, and that I am unable to fix it.

#1392 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

No, don't look at it that way. I disagreed with your choice and felt it was selfish. I am not offended and wouldn't really say I felt offended then, it never really struck me as a personal attack, just a choice you made which I was disappointed about.

Edit: I do appreciate your sentiments, though.

#1393 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm just confused because I'm not sure what's selfish about it, but it's a bit moot after the fact and I doubt I'd be able to change your mind, so s'pose it's best to just drop it.

Why, do you think it would succeed if I started it up again in the forums, right now?

#1394 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Short answer is no, and for pretty obvious reasons. On the other hand, success of an RP really isn't everything. Anything that anyone is willing to do that may boost forum activity is an idea I wholeheartedly support.

#1395 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

lol, it's hilarious how many of these posts start with the word well.

Well that's it then.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#1396 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'd also like to add that starting a Persona RP was my idea, and Toku stole it right from under my fingers.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#1397 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Welp fuck

nobody OWNS the story except potentially Atlus

IGNORE ME GUYS ERIF'S RUNNING THIS DOG AND PONY SHOW

#1398 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

okay this rp is now about a ordinary boy named kai whose life is turned upside down when meets seven different girls one is the library assistant another likes to sleep then there's the honeybadger otaku-
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#1399 Toku

Toku
    Administrator