37 replies to this topic

#1 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Right, well, Dave let us know that if we want to keep a focus on Fire Emblem for the main site, we need content. lots of content. So, I'm going to answer that call right now - I'm planning to do a let's play series on Path of Radiance - and if it goes well, I'll continue on to do Radiant Dawn. I have everything I need to do the project, but I want help on something.

The main thing is that I want to feature a guest on every episode. The guest's role on an episode will be supportive - While I will play the chapter and comment on it, each week's guest will have a separate topic related to the chapter on some way, which they'll discuss. Examples may include:

- Discussing the characters that are available for that chapter and their individual strengths and weaknesses
- Discussing alternative strategies for the chapter
- Going off on something like when to use your stat boosting items and who to use them on
- Bashing the shit out of my opinion on something
- or whatever else you might think of that's relevant.

I want to have a wide variety of guests, with those who do a particularly good job coming back multiple times as favorites.

What you need in order to be a Special Guest:
- a microphone

and that's it. You're going to record yourself making your commentary on whatever subject you're doing, and I'm going to record relevant gameplay to go with it. Like, if you're discussing characters, I'll listen to the recording and screen-capture myself looking at those characters' stats. Then, the audio and video will be put together. You can improvise if you like, or write down your thoughts and read them (with personality, please).

Being funny isn't necessarily required, but it's a plus. Be smart though, don't be a cornball.

Please post here if you're interested in taking on the project for at least one episode. I would REALLY appreciate it. Anyone is welcome to apply, but of course preference will be given to people who are well known on the forums, whether I like you or not. I am always professional about stuff like this, so don't worry.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#2 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Double post but I didn't want to edit this in, in case somebody's already reading - Another thing I'm likely to do once in a while with guests is record the chapter playthrough without commentary during it, and then record a dual-commentary with a guest later on via skype. So yeah, that's a possibility.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#3 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

I'm interested.
Posted Image

#4 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thanks. You got a microphone, yes?

#5 Damon

Damon
    Veteran
  • Wisconsinite Through and Through

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

... I'm interested too. And I have a mic and a webcam if that is any use.

#6 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yes, I have a microphone.
Posted Image

#7 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Cool. Well, to get started ASAP... let's see,

Frick, we'll have you as guest starting for the first actual battle - where ike, titania, boyd, and oscar are recapturing the village. I'm going to merge that with the tutorial fight with boyd/greil before it... overall, this'll be the shortest chapter video in the series, so a large portion of time will be added at the end for you to comment on those characters and why you like them or don't like them, whether they have potential, etc. Talk about stats, availability, skills, whether they look dumb, whatever you like. When you've got that recorded, PM it to me and we'll be rolling along.

Damon, you'll be guest for chapter 2: rescue. Since I won't have anything really new to cover here and will just be blowing through the fight real quick, I'll merge this with the next chapter as well, Pirates Aground. So That's what we'll have you talk about... relevant subjects here to discuss are Gatrie and Shinon, as well as Marcia. You can talk about meatshielding if you like, etc... but pretty much the same thing as Frick, the characters and what you like or dislike about them. Don't feel restricted to Gatrie, Shinon, and Marcia, talk about all of the characters recruited thus far if you like. We should have time. PM the link to the recording to me when you've done it <3

#8 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:19 AM

If someone has the time, a transcript to go along with this would be awesome as well.

#9 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

A transcript? I can provide that with it, but I do wonder why.

#10 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:05 AM

Wait, so are you doing lets play videos, or some kind of radio-esque thing?

... I'm interested too. And I have a mic and a webcam if that is any use.

<3 damon

#11 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

A transcript for the game or a transcript for the video's commentary?

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#12 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:07 AM

Let's play. But I don't want to be the same as everyone else, so I'm being more informative, almost like a walkthrough, but with some degree of humor and special guests that provide their own insight. In the end it's mor elike a video walkthrough than your typical let's play, and that's why it's worth having as content on the site.

#13 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Just... watch it, if you know what i mean

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

#14 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

A transcript? I can provide that with it, but I do wonder why.

A video won't help with search engine hits, but text could.

Oh and, a transcript for the video commentary, byo.

#15 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

Nitro: I've seen it. What's your point...?

Dave: Right. So you want a transcript of the audio commentary. I'll provide those to you with the episodes, then. Should I host the videos on youtube and then you embed them, or just provide them to you plain?

#16 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

I think youtube would be the best.

#17 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

My point is, make sure it doesn't become like another that.

Edit: For Krevin, its not that it was bad, it was just unstructured. Don't hate me plz~

#18 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

lololol

that's what we're aiming for

all the same, i'd love to get krevadonk to special guest.

#19 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

I'm interested in helping.
Not sure though, I've got a busy stretch coming soon, so I don't know if I'll have time to really do any recording.

giphy.gif

#20 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

Well... then I guess I'll hold off on assigning you something until you think you do have time, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users