#122 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

I still want to do those interactive maps for FE6-8 and 11/12 (maybe 9 and 10 as well if possible...), so I'll be calling for some help with that in the near future.

#123 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

You said five months ago.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#124 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:34 AM

yeah but now that the layout is actually completed.

Also,
http://www.fireemble.../characters/ike

Making one of these for every character in every game is going to be tedious.

#125 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

That's... so beautiful...
Posted Image

#126 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

Dave, I think it's time for you to assign Staffers. I can do 6-9, and probably anything else if needed. If you're still planning to do those visual walkthroughs, I can definitely help with those too.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#127 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Yep, we will sort it out this week. I just need to finish going through all of the content that I still have from FEE1 first.

#128 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

so... http://www.fireemble....php?app=awards

just saw this and remembered it, then thought "hey that sounds cool, wonder if that'll get fleshed out some time"

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#129 CormagBossLvl

CormagBossLvl

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

I think have an award system like that, making awards similar to that of in-game valuable items. Like, award a Knight's Crest to someone who exemplifies a certain quality in this community, et cetera.

"Our country has set the world on its ear, and it's up to us to right things.” - Cormag, FE8

Posted Image

Playing: Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword Next: Fire Emblem 6: The Binding Sword

Completed: Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones Later: FE9,FE11,FE12

#130 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

That was the intention. Never got around to implementing it, might do so at some point in the future.

#131 CormagBossLvl

CormagBossLvl

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

Well here are some of my suggestions that I was thinking of:

1) Probably get some hang-out sessions going, we don't have to flood the chatbox, probably can do something on an IRC about a specific game that night we play or whatever to be determined prior to the event.

Example: Let's say we choose to play FE6 a certain area, we can setup some limitations for us, such as if someone dies, they stay dead et cetera, good laughs and stuff to be ensued, especially if we play on a harder difficulty lol. Probably all my chars would die :<

2) Forum wise, I think the skin layout works perfectly for FE fans. You definitely know what it's about on the home-site, which is done very well (graphically speaking), which compared to other FE fan sites, looks really good. I think that probably the best thing we can do here, is try to make a point to keep discussion on the game.

a) Probably do some following on the Fire Emblem 3DS, make it a point to have a place dedicated to that where we can post news and stuff as soon as it releases. Since most FE fans will be looking for that info, we could increase our "search rating" by posting stuff on information about that, ya know like previews.

b ) Try to get people involved in a Fire Emblem all-star roleplay. I know, back a while ago, there was an article. Link: http://ds.ign.com/ar...1/951779p1.html
Where he was saying that he would like to do an "All-Star" FE. we could possible pick our favorite characters and just do a story-based thing with that, all-star story. For fun, ofcourse it'd need upkeeping and such. But it's just an idea.

3) I think we need to re-organize the forum to make the emphasis more on Fire Emblem. By that I mean, the General discussion being put above Fire Emblem discussion seems a bit out of place. When I think of a Fire Emblem forum, I think the community is mainly about Fire Emblem. I think it detracts from the sense of Fire Emblem to see more general information before getting down to the Fire Emblem. Also, adding Fire Emblem (NES/SNES) version forum should do the trick there, granted there is a general fire emblem forum, I think we should dedicate that to discussion on favorite characters, favorite classes, et etera. General stuff.

So I was thinking possibly:

The Empire (as is)

Fire Emblem Discussion
- Fire Emblem News and Updates
- Fire Emblem General Discussion
- Old School Fire Emblem (NES/SNES)
- Fire Emblem Handheld Games
- Fire Emblem Console Games

General Discussion
- General Discussion
- General Gaming (as is)
- Entertainment & Media (I think you should combine Entertainment with Music, since it seems a bit redundant as they are related)
- SPAM LAND (woo)
- Serious Debate Discussion

Interactive (as is)

Role Play (as is)

Uhm, that's all.

"Our country has set the world on its ear, and it's up to us to right things.” - Cormag, FE8

Posted Image

Playing: Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword Next: Fire Emblem 6: The Binding Sword

Completed: Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones Later: FE9,FE11,FE12

#132 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

1) Tried these types of things before, never really worked out, but that's something you can try to organise yourself if you want.

2a) When information becomes available, sure.

2b) Again, something you'd have to try to organise yourself if it's something you're interested in doing. It's not something that I would run myself, but I could advertise it/give it forum-wide exposure.

3) mm, I've considered restructuring the forums on several occasions, but it's a bit pointless. A FE News forum is unnecessary since FE news is extremely scarce, even leading up to new game releases, and it garners more attention in the general news forum anyway. I don't think a NES/SNES forum would see much use either, but I guess I could make it a subforum in the general FE discussion forum. And combining Entertainment and Music wouldn't really achieve anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 30 user(s)

SgtSmilies, Nitro, Serene Flight, Erif, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , Krevin