42 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

Info

A few years have passed since the end of the war against Nergal and things have begun to seem peaceful. However, Desmond the king of Bern is trying to murder Zephiel again. He has hired the new Black Fang led by Legault to kill him before his coronation. In this game you will play as Zephiel and try to escape these assassins. The New Four Fangs are Slade (Lloyd and Ursula's son), Jan(if there is a possible way to make him awesome), Nino(maybe), and Jaffar(again maybe). The Black Fang is working for Desmond because he is holding a member hostage, he is Brendan's youngest son that he had with Sonia(he's around 8 to 11). Zephiel later goes to Lycia and gets help from some of the Lycian lords, Hector(Ostia), Eliwood(Pherea), Thria(Orun), Laus(Erik), and possibly others. Any help you have to offer would be more than welcome and much appreciated.

Features

* New characters that weren't from the original games
* Brunya starting as a mage
* New custom battle sprite for the prince class
* Older versions of characters from FE7
* Younger versions of characters from FE6
* New classes and the possibility of characters being upgraded twice!

I'll need help with graphics to make this happen so please help!

Characters!

Spoiler

Screens!!

Spoiler

You should help with my FE6.5 hack click here

#2 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

help with graphics? you mean the character mugs, right? yeah im kinda bothered by a few of the mugs youre using but i dont know if you want my critique.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#3 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

You seem to have plenty of talent int eh area of actual hacking, custom maps etc... it's a pity that your graphics are so under-par. Yeah, you need some muggers bad.

Part of me wants to join up but... well... idk, I'm so dman lazy, if I'm gonna put work into mugs for a hack, i'm just gonna do ti myself. but i need to get better knowledge of custom maps and stuff, lol

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#4 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

help with graphics? you mean the character mugs, right? yeah im kinda bothered by a few of the mugs youre using but i dont know if you want my critique.

Yeah, I mean the mugs critiquing would be great so I can make them better.

You seem to have plenty of talent int eh area of actual hacking, custom maps etc... it's a pity that your graphics are so under-par. Yeah, you need some muggers bad.

Part of me wants to join up but... well... idk, I'm so dman lazy, if I'm gonna put work into mugs for a hack, i'm just gonna do ti myself. but i need to get better knowledge of custom maps and stuff, lol

I made most of the therefore most of them are terrible...but I'm getting better the bad ones are old so I'm going to replace them if you want to help than please do.

#5 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'd be more inclined to help if you hadn't just joined and weren't posting the same exact thing on other forums. We regulars of FEEF have sort of an elitist complex that finds it insulting that you don't want to become a member of the community, rather that you just want to shamelessly advertise and shore up some help for your project.

30bct1w.gifYQsigofpwnage.giflatias.gif
Banner made by former FEEF'er Shadow Wolf

#6 The Monochrome King

The Monochrome King
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

Have any of the various N.5 hacks every actually been finished? I've been praying nightly for 8.5 since I heard about it. I'm not excited about this one. But I'll at least point out the obvious flaws with your mugs.

Guinevere's eyes...The one on the right looks too high. Or the one on the left is too low.
Farina's left shoulder looks like a right shoulder.
The guy with the blue hair and green armor there has weird shading on his chest armor. Makes me think that has chest collapsed or something...
Legault Thief guy in the enemies section has a weird looking neck..It's too thin for a man. He also looks too young to be an aged Legault.
The Aion clone in the NPC's section has incorrectly colored hair. His lightest part should be the middle tone, and vice versa.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Sea Lion

Sea Lion

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Your maps aren't horrible. The rivers are a little to straight and don't look quite natural but that can be over-looked. The worst part is you just tile spammed the entire forests and the whole grass plains. Never use a single tile to cover a large area.

As for your sprites, Wil and Raven don't look any older than in FE7 and Legault (if that is Legault) actually looks younger. To make them look older make their hair lighter and then add lines under their eyes. Look at Karel from FE6 for the eye thing, I think he's a good example.

#8 Cheshire

Cheshire
  • shadow cat

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

^That was a good comment.
Have you used the nightmare program to start modifying the game yet? or is this just a project template? Ignore YQ, his agenda is one of web domination. I like that you shared your hack idea; it shows a greater interest in the Fire Emblem series. Whatever motivated you to start working, good. Keep at it! I may lend a hand with graphics, depending on what you need. Lately though, I've become a total sloth (too much Posted Image if you know what I mean). PM me or something with details.
As long as you persist in coming to this site, we will continue...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Have any of the various N.5 hacks every actually been finished? I've been praying nightly for 8.5 since I heard about it. I'm not excited about this one. But I'll at least point out the obvious flaws with your mugs.

Guinevere's eyes...The one on the right looks too high. Or the one on the left is too low.
Farina's left shoulder looks like a right shoulder.
The guy with the blue hair and green armor there has weird shading on his chest armor. Makes me think that has chest collapsed or something...
Legault Thief guy in the enemies section has a weird looking neck..It's too thin for a man. He also looks too young to be an aged Legault.
The Aion clone in the NPC's section has incorrectly colored hair. His lightest part should be the middle tone, and vice versa.

I'm intending on finishing this so don't lose hope! :rofl:
Also I'll fix those.

Your maps aren't horrible. The rivers are a little to straight and don't look quite natural but that can be over-looked. The worst part is you just tile spammed the entire forests and the whole grass plains. Never use a single tile to cover a large area.

As for your sprites, Wil and Raven don't look any older than in FE7 and Legault (if that is Legault) actually looks younger. To make them look older make their hair lighter and then add lines under their eyes. Look at Karel from FE6 for the eye thing, I think he's a good example.

That's a good idea...I didn't think of that thanks for the advice :)

^That was a good comment.
Have you used the nightmare program to start modifying the game yet? or is this just a project template? Ignore YQ, his agenda is one of web domination. I like that you shared your hack idea; it shows a greater interest in the Fire Emblem series. Whatever motivated you to start working, good. Keep at it! I may lend a hand with graphics, depending on what you need. Lately though, I've become a total sloth (too much Posted Image if you know what I mean). PM me or something with details.

I'm using Nintenlord's Event Assembler because when I hack with Nightmare it usually crashes the game, also Event Assembler gives you more options because you aren't bound to what the modules let you do. Also for graphics I'm in serious need of someone who can actually make mugs because as you can see I'm not very good. :( And yes I will ignore YQ :P

I'd be more inclined to help if you hadn't just joined and weren't posting the same exact thing on other forums. We regulars of FEEF have sort of an elitist complex that finds it insulting that you don't want to become a member of the community, rather that you just want to shamelessly advertise and shore up some help for your project.

IGNORED!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

#10 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Y'know, I'm not too happy about you just coming here to advertise your project either.

#11 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

And yes I will ignore YQ :P

._.
Posted Image

#12 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Call me old-fashioned, but quoting me and responding with that doesn't look like you're ignoring me.

Also, my point still stands that all you've done on this site is attempt to shore up interest in yet another half-assed (B-bu... but I honestly tried! I tried my hardest! Yes, yes, very nice. I'll put it on the fridge next to catman coloring just barely outside the lines) fan-made hack. I didn't say anything like don't bother making it, merely that neglecting the community part of the forum and going straight for the "So can anyone help me and maybe be interested?" approach isn't the best way to advertise. Join the forums (as opposed to just registering an account), assimilate, become an actual member, and then post your hack.

And .lucius, since when have I had an agenda of web domination?

30bct1w.gifYQsigofpwnage.giflatias.gif
Banner made by former FEEF'er Shadow Wolf

#13 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

YQ can dominate my balls

(there's a much cooler member named yosh)

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#14 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

Y'know, I'm not too happy about you just coming here to advertise your project either.

Well I'm not just coming here to advertise I have posted other stuff I was already working on this so I figured it would be a good idea to post it first.

Call me old-fashioned, but quoting me and responding with that doesn't look like you're ignoring me.

Also, my point still stands that all you've done on this site is attempt to shore up interest in yet another half-assed (B-bu... but I honestly tried! I tried my hardest! Yes, yes, very nice. I'll put it on the fridge next to catman coloring just barely outside the lines) fan-made hack. I didn't say anything like don't bother making it, merely that neglecting the community part of the forum and going straight for the "So can anyone help me and maybe be interested?" approach isn't the best way to advertise. Join the forums (as opposed to just registering an account), assimilate, become an actual member, and then post your hack.

And .lucius, since when have I had an agenda of web domination?

That was a joke i guess you didn't find it funny

No, that's not all I've done on this site...if you want it to be it can be... if you don't want to help with my hack you don't have to, also you don't have to insult it since I've also posted other stuff(do you need links?) I don't think that's neglecting the community...anything else you wanna say?

#15 The Monochrome King

The Monochrome King
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Yeowch. Yo, Foot Care Dude, take a chill pill. No one has specifically "insulted" your hack, just the way you're going about asking for help with it. Considering posting the hack was literally the first thing you did upon coming to this site, it seemed more like you were interested in worker bees than becoming part of the hive. A hack is kind of a big project, so just randomly asking people who don't know you, have have no real interest in the project to being with, and over the internet, no less, won't get you very far. If you cement yourself within the community, and then ask once everybody knows your name, you're more likely to get the aid you're looking for.

EDIT

Okay, well Yoshi did kind of insult your hack, but it's well within his rights to do so. He is, after all, part of the community. His word carries far more weight than your own.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yeowch. Yo, Foot Care Dude, take a chill pill. No one has specifically "insulted" your hack, just the way you're going about asking for help with it. Considering posting the hack was literally the first thing you did upon coming to this site, it seemed more like you were interested in worker bees than becoming part of the hive. A hack is kind of a big project, so just randomly asking people who don't know you, have have no real interest in the project to being with, and over the internet, no less, won't get you very far. If you cement yourself within the community, and then ask once everybody knows your name, you're more likely to get the aid you're looking for.

EDIT

Okay, well Yoshi did kind of insult your hack, but it's well within his rights to do so. He is, after all, part of the community. His word carries far more weight than your own.

You have a valid point but I have posted other stuff I posted this first because it was what I'm currently working on and the first thing that came to mind I, so rather than joining and not posting anything I posted this I didn't think it would insult anyone I'm sorry if I did.

#17 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

It's not an insult... it's just looked down upon. It affects you worse than us, you know? Since people will sort of automatically look at you as not being a "real" member of the forums. But I do hope you stay and participate and get that cred, you know?

#18 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

It's not an insult... it's just looked down upon. It affects you worse than us, you know? Since people will sort of automatically look at you as not being a "real" member of the forums. But I do hope you stay and participate and get that cred, you know?

Yeah, I've intended on staying since I joined.

#19 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

^So everything above put aside, I have some updates ;) ^

I've decided most of the upgraded:

Prince->King(Zephiel only)
Knight->General->Great Knight
Mage->Sage->Archsage(necromancer battle sprite)
Social Knight->Paladin->Great Knight
Shaman->Druid->Dark Druid
Cleric->Bishop->Undecided
Priest->Bishop->Undecided
(Clerics and Priests will be able to use light magic)
Thief->Thief Knight(rogue battle sprite)->Assassin
(Assassins will be more powerful than they are in other games)
Myrmidon->Swordsmaster->Undecided
Merc.->Hero->Vanguard(Hector's Great Lord battle sprite)
Peg. Knight->Falcon Knight->Undecided
Wyvern Knight->Wyvern Lord-> Undecided
Fighter->Warrior->Berzerker?
Archer->Sniper->Marksman(needs custom battle sprite)
Anything I missed?

Tell me what you think of these and any editing I should make to this list.

#20 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

Update!:

New mug his name is Loki(you'll never be able to figure out who he really is)
Posted Image

Likes/Dislikes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users