#21 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

I'll put up the rest of the lists for 6-9 and 11/12 over the weekend, probably, once I'm finished with recoding all of the pages from the old website.

Staff ranks and such will be handed out once you've made a commitment of some sort. I don't think I'm going to make any new staff banners for this skin, but they'll be included in the new skin which will be completed at some point in May. And of course you'll be mentioned on the website if you're a staff member or just a contributor.

#22 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:41 AM

Can't help for Radiant Dawn, but what are your plans for those visual walkthroughs?
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#23 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

I can't do much for FE9/10 since the game art assets are hard to come by and the maps would be far too large anyway. For those it'll just be a normal page with a screenshot of the chapter map to one side, and all of the chapter data + the chapter walkthrough etc.

But for 6/7/8 and maybe 11/12, I want to do those map things and set up pages like this:
http://www.fireemble...acredstones/map (except organised better, obviously).

For maps which have reinforcements and such, I'd create multiple instances of that map for each turn to indicate where the new units appear, etc.

#24 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

So, would one be able to see the units move space on one of those maps, or would they stay stationary?

Also, I suggest we write up multiple walktrhoughs for each map, but utilizing completely different strategies. Maybe two or three strategies each from different members.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#25 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

If multiple people are willing to contribute strategies, sure. But I think we'll have enough trouble getting even a single strategy for each chapter...

They'd stay stationary... there isn't much point in programming in any movements since most enemy movements are randomish anyway.

#26 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

Yeah, true, that could be a problem. D:

Well, what I meant was not actually moving the units, but showing their range of movement. And if you were actually going to implement movement, I would suspect you'd only be able to do it for your own units.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#27 Major

Major
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

Wait...did we lose all the old guides when feef 1 went down? I notice my old guides aren't up anymore.
Yosh's signature got me hooked =_=
http://sir-zairon.mybrute.com

Posted Image

Kel: Fire Emblem D20
Posted Image

#28 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

If you would be willing to feature a FE4 visual strategy walkthrough guide FAQ thingy, I would love to do it. It's my favorite FE and I can provide excellent strategies ;)

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#29 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

Sure. If sprites/maps are readily available (sprites should be, it's the maps that I'm worried about), it shouldn't be much of a problem once I've figured out exactly how I'm going to set out the chapter walkthroughs.

#30 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

Also, Frick wrote a bunch of Bio things for FE4. So that should be included.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#31 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Sure. If sprites/maps are readily available (sprites should be, it's the maps that I'm worried about), it shouldn't be much of a problem once I've figured out exactly how I'm going to set out the chapter walkthroughs.

SF has them, but they're empty.

#32 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

Ah excellent. Empty is what I wanted, and it's not a problem as long as someone with the game can help tell me where enemy units are placed, what happens at the houses etc. (might just cheat through it myself and do it).

#33 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Yeah, the stupid maps are too big to fit in the layout (though I guess a few from FE7/8 could have the some problem as well), so I'll have to do them like this:
http://www.fireemble...antdawn/testmap

Let me know when you have some time to start this off then, Yosh, and we can work through a chapter and see how it goes. I can lay basically anything over the map and make stuff appear/disappear/move when you click a button or something, so the possibilities for laying out/visualising strategies or presenting information are -endless-.

#34 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

I'm going to have to put it off a few days, got some stuff coming up suddenly, and I'll have to see how things play out before i'll know i have the time to dedicate.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#35 Blake

Blake

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

I would be very interested in helping out with these kinds of things. I have FE seven through eleven.
  • Path of Radiance - Strategies and stratagem
  • Blazing Sword - same+ horde of game information such as where enemies start/come from.
  • Radiant Dawn- less of the same but with limited knowledge on item locations and such.
  • Sacred Stones - strategy here and there.
  • Shadow Dragon - Beat the game twice. Would have to revisit it to be of much help.
My favorite is PoR and this list represents my favoritism in order from most liked to least appreciated.
In my opinion, my opinion holds little importance so feel free to ignore me.

#36 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Uh, also, family shit goin' on is less of an issue - temporarily. I have the time now to work through a test chapter or whatever, if you can provide the details on what kinda stuff i should give you, html template if accessible, etc.

EDIT: also, that test map is the shit, this visual guide is gonna be the bee's knees.

#37 SgtSmilies

SgtSmilies
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

If you really wanted to be fancy with that map you could add what's in the villages, and the names of the castles.
Posted Image

#38 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

That's the plan.

#39 Soldier

Soldier

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

i'd be happy to help i could give advice on just about any fire emblem game out there

#40 Rathe

Rathe
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

i'd be happy to help i could give advice on just about any fire emblem game out there

Capitalization and punctuation is important if you're going to do this.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 31 user(s)

Angel of Grief, the lone hero, Green_Thunder, Toku, , , , , , , , , , , zac, , M.C MyZtery, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,