#1 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

Feel free to pick out whatever you want to do and post it in this topic so that no one else is writing the same thing. Try to write everything in a similar style if possible.

Chapters:
We just need a short walkthrough for a possible strategy for each chapter, as well as a small section on the Boss. Also mention good units to select for the chapter. Probably best to start with the first chapter and work down the list from there instead of picking them out at random. For harder chapters, it might be a good idea to get several different people to write their own strategy if possible.

Characters:
I'm looking for a small description of each character, ie. who they are/a brief history (you can probably just paraphrase this from another source if you wish). Then we need relatively brief review of the character and their strengths/weaknesses.

Characters Still Required:
Amelia
Artur
Colm
Cormag
Dozla
Duessel
Eirika
Ephraim
Ewan
Forde
Franz
Garcia
Gerik
Gilliam
Innes
Joshua
Knoll
Kyle
L'Arachel
Lute
Marisa
Moulder
Myrrh
Natasha
Neimi
Rennac
Ross
Saleh
Seth
Syrene
Tana
Tethys
Vanessa

Extra Characters:
Caellach
Fado
Glen
Hayden
Ismaire
Lyon
Orson
Riev
Selena
Valter

Classes:
I'm not sure if it'll be possible to say very much, but short reviews of the classes and their strengths/weakenesses would be nice.

If you have any other suggested guides, let us know. There's no need to do anything that involves purely statistical data since that's all readily available, and I will be covering it.

#2 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

I'll see what I can do for this game. Haven't played it in ages, but I remember a few things.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#3 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

I'll see what I can do for this game. Haven't played it in ages, but I remember a few things.

Basically, this.

send help

#4 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Eirika - Lord, Great Lord - Affinity: Posted Image

The princess of Renais, Eirika is the daughter of Kind Fado and sister of prince Ephraim. Along with her brother, she holds one of two braces that unlock the chamber in Castle Renais where the Sacred Stone of that country resides.

Weapons- Posted Image

As a unit, Eirika is similar to the myrmidons of the Fire Emblem series. Her best growths are in Skill, Spped, and Luck, while both her Defence and Resistance growths are her worst. Her Strength growth is only a bit better than her defensive growths, and her HP growth is average.

----------

Seth - Paladin - Affinity: Posted Image

Seth is the General of the Knights of Renais, and one of the strongest early-game characters due to his promoted class. In the invasion of Renais, Seth endures a grievous wound from Valter to protect Eirika during her escape to Frelia.

Weapons- Posted Image Posted Image

Seth is this game's first prepromote, so while he can be very useful, he tends to hog experience that could be used for training cavaliers who will usually outclass him after their promotion. His growths are not terrible, however, so using him is not too detremental to one's game. His HP growth is his best growth, while Luck is his worst. The rest of his growths are balanced out pretty evenly.

----------

Franz - Cavalier, Paladin/Great Knight - Affinity: Posted Image

Franz is the younger brother of Forde, and both knights of Renais desire to emulate their father, a noble knight who died in service to their country. Franz's mother also died, but he was too young to remember it.

Weapons- Posted Image Posted Image

Franz, along with Amelia, can turn out to be one of the best cavaliers in the game. Franz's HP, Strength, Skill, Speed, and Luck growths are all very decent, and while none of them are exceptional (aside from HP), he can easily become a useful unit for the entire game.

----------

Gilliam - Knight, General/Great Knight - Affinity: Posted Image

Gilliam is a knight of Frelia equipped with armor on most of his body. Along with Franz, Seth, and Eirika, he rescues Princess Tana in his debut chapter. In his support conversation with Garcia, it is revealed that Garcia is left-handed.

Weapons- Posted Image
Weapons after promotion- Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gilliam is your stereotypical physical tank with astounding growths in HP and Defence, but abysmal movement, Speed, and Resistance. His Strength growth is also admirable, making it possible for him to deal good damage while taking little to none.

----------

I got the icons from FE Wikia, but I can always copy and upload to PB if needed.

30bct1w.gifYQsigofpwnage.giflatias.gif
Banner made by former FEEF'er Shadow Wolf

#5 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Instead of saying that Franz could be the best, provided Amelia is something else, wouldn't it be better to say "Franz, along with Amelia, can turn out to be one of the best cavaliers in the game," or something to that effect?

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#6 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

Ehh. I guess.

#7 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

Good, I'd say extend a little more on the statistical overview though.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#8 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

Joshua
A vagrant from Jehanna, Joshua travels from arena to arena to prove his skill and feed his love of gambling.

Joshua is a bread-and-butter Navarre character, having bases and growths typical of a myrmidon and averages including high HP, strength, skill, speed, and luck. He's one of FE8's best units, provided you class him to a swordmaster. The Assassin path has caps that will stifle his potential, but if you do choose to promote him in that direction his high skill will provide him with the percentages to execute numerous Silencer kills. Joshua's affinity and support options are disappointing, but when supported with L'Arachel and/or Gerik he will get a massive critical percentage boost, perfect for either of Joshua's potential classes.

Marisa
A mercenary in the employ of Gerik, Marisa is aloof but deadly, famed as The Crimson Flash.

As a unit Marisa will struggle to compete with Joshua; she joins much later and can be difficult to train as a consequence, but statistically she's his equal, making it a matter of preference. Joshua will have slightly higher strength while Marisa will boast higher luck. Of all of the potential assassins, Marisa is probably the best because of its capping potential for her, but she performs much better as a swordmaster. Much like Joshua, Marisa was also plagued with terrible supporting options, although she does have plenty of critical boosting partners.

Moulder
Moulder is a seasoned priest hailing from Frelia. His calm and gentle nature bring solace to his allies.

Moulder is a joke statistically speaking. He'll struggle as a healer to perform his job well for much of the game and his only capping potential is in speed and skill. He does, however, average high HP and sports very high con, so promoting him to a Sage and handing him the heavier, more powerful tomes will make up for his magic weakness. He's particularly useful in the final chapter, assuming you leveled him, as one of the only units capable of doubling the Demon King with Excalibur. His support options aren't that bad, either, especially Vanessa and Colm, who will somewhat aid his low attack problem.

L'Arachel
The eccentric niece of Pontifex Mansel and heir to Rausten's throne; L'arachel desires justice and fights with honor.

L'Arachel's potential as a unit is outstanding, but she's plagued by terrible recruitment time and the unfortunate circumstance of being a late-game healer at a very low level. Her support options are decent, particularly the lords, when considering the critical boost that light magic gets in comparison to the other magics. As a result, L'Arachel is probably best suited to be a Valkyrie, but she performs equally as well as a Mage Knight. Her HP and defense are lacking, but you can expect all of her other stats to shine green every time.

Colm
A cynical thief from Renais, Colm is a long time friend of Niemi.

Statistically Colm is just "average" for a thief. He'll eventually reach impressive strength, speed, and luck, but his skill is unusually low. He'll perform better as a rogue, not able to meet the skill to make good use of the Silencer skill from the Assassin path. His support options are limited, but he finds comfort in having high critical supporters like Niemi and Moulder.

Lute
An absent-minded mage with a big ego, Lute is a good friend of Artur and believes herself to be a prodigy. She boasts knowledge about practically every subject imaginable, however, making her claims a bit difficult to dispute.

Lute is a statistical beast and your best option for an anima user in the game. Although her cap potential is low, she comes dangerously close to her caps in speed, luck, and resistance. Her low con will inhibit her, especially when equipped with Excalibur, but she makes up for it with lethally high magic and speed. Her only suitable competition is Moulder, who can pick up the S-Rank anima tome with no problems, but otherwise he has nothing especially distinctive to support his use over Lute. Lute's affinity is one of the better ones to have in FE8, making her an excellent support parter to Artur, Ross, or Vanessa, though she doesn't reap quite the same benefits from all of her supporters. Vanessa is probably her best option, but with their distinctly different roles it's difficult to keep them paired up at all times to take advantage of the statistical gains. Regardless, Lute will be able to perform her role well even without supports and she'll likely be your MVP for the game in almost all instances.

#9 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Comparing Joshua to Navarre is a little bit... well, it makes him more confusing, not less. I'm also of the opinion you should take a jab at Marissa's strength cap of 22 even as a Swordsmaster, just so people know that even if she does get better luck, she'll always have trouble damaging without crits.

I simply can't abide by you suggesting Moulder as a Sage without explaining how important bishops are ;~;

And inconsistent Silencer Colm is sort of better than no Silencer Colm. So you might want to put in the real reason for Rogue, which is in post game o3o

Also, Anima on L'Arachel means getting stoned and Shadow Shotted erryday in Lagdou Ruins.

And Lute caps Magic, no?
Posted Image

#10 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

It wasn't a comparison, it was in line with the standards of the archetype. Joshua is FE8's Navarre. As for Marisa's strength cap, it's 22. Most of this game's enemies at the stage in the game where Marisa joins are monsters, the most imposing of which carry axes. Having a strength cap higher than 22 is superfluous when most of your enemies fall apart when Colm looks at them the wrong way. You'd have a case if this were FE6 or 7, but it's FE8, a game whose difficulty is largely laughed at even on Hard Mode because the enemies are pathetic.

Bishops are just as superfluous as having a high strength cap. Give me a break, Moulder isn't even viable as a bishop, he's the only legitimately excellent user of Excalibur for his ability to double with it. You're wasting his damage dealing potential by giving him the possibility to do critical damage to an undead foe that he can kill without it, not to mention that he still gets light magic as a sage. There's a case to be made against the Demon King, sure, but he'll still deal more damage with Excalibur in this instance than Lute will, so it's better to give it to him. Save the Bishop spiel for Natasha, who actually makes legitimate use of the skill and works with spectacular synergy alongside Sage Moulder.

Pick is an infinitely more useful and practical skill than Silencer will ever be, there's no legitimate reason to make him an assassin unless you just feel like it. Joshua and Marisa will run circles around Colm in free silencers, if you want an assassin strictly for the skill look to them.

I'm not even going to dignify the L'Arachel and Lute points with a response, that's just pathetic. You're being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

#11 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

I say avoid the spoilers concerning Joshua.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#12 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

That, however, is a valid suggestion that I'm willing to implement.

#13 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

Ross
A young axe-wielder who longs to be a fighter like his father. He comes from Ide, which was destroyed by bandits after Renais fell. His mother is dead.

Ross is a very good unit if you have the patience for training him. You can either train him throughout the first part of the story, or, like I do, train him in the Tower of Valni. Most people make him a pirate, and then a berserker, but in FE8 you don't really need to try very hard to use the best class. An interesting note is that he turns into a very capable unit, though he starts out as someone you generally have to baby. Once you get him to Pirate level, he's generally fast enough to hit things twice, and will also be dealing high damage.

Rennac
Rennac is a mercenary hired to protect L'arachel. He has little patience for her, and often is seen moaning and complaining about her.

Rennac is a prepromote, and in my opinion, comes in too late to be very useful. He does come with a Silver Card, though, which lets you access secret shops; so recruiting him is a good idea. If you do decide to train him, he'll average at high skill and speed, with good res and defense. His strength is pretty good, too.

Kyle
A cavalier from Renais who travels with Ephraim. He is very loyal and dutiful.

Kyle is slow, but has high damage. This cavalier has pretty good growths. Kyle gets a better promotion as a Great Knight, getting more points in everything but Speed, Skill, and Res. Kyle is like Sain from FE7 stats-wise. Using him can be a bit of a pain. If you go with Eirika, or even with Ephraim, you'll probably have several units around his level already and there's not much recommending him to you. You generally have enough good units, and enough coverage, so you can ignore him. However, he is a good unit, so those of you who want to use him should. He usually caps strength and gets pretty good stats by 20/20.

Forde
A cavalier from Renais who travels with Ephraim. He is a bit of a goof, but is loyal to his prince. Forde also paints, and is the older brother of Franz.

Forde is more accurate and generally will be faster than Kyle. He has his highest growth in Skill. Like Kyle, he gets his best promotion as a Great Knight. Forde is like Kent from FE7. An ironic note is that, though he wears the red armor and has stats like Kent, he seems to have Sain's personality. Like Kyle, he can be ignored easily, but is still a viable option for use. He should cap skill and come close to capping speed, and he'll have far more luck than Kyle.

These look good enough, or should I do more work on them?

send help

#14 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Ehh, I think you could elaborate some on the statistical aspects of some of the characters, particularly Rennac. He's actually not that bad of a unit, especially if you opt to make Colm an assassin. He's certainly one of the best utility units in FE8, for sure.

But statistically, well. That's a whole different story. For starters, I definitely think his ridiculous res averages are something to mention. He comes very close to cap at level 20, averaging at 16.7. For a fragile class like Rogue he's also got decent defense, averaging around 14. His luck is shit, but his speed and skill are expectedly high. He'll be weaker than Colm by a good deal, but for taking out low defense units or counter attacking he's not going to be bothered too much by it. He's definitely an ideal mage killer.

Buuut that's just what I would say. Do as you will~

#15 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

Mm, someone else might be better to cover Rennac. I don't really use him.

I feel like I didn't know what I was talking about half the time I wrote this, though.

send help

#16 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

If you don't use a character that often, take a peek at their averages at SF and consider that when talking about their uses. Support options are also a viable point to make; you can find the individual bonuses on FEPlanet if you're not sure who someone's best support partners are~

Alsoooo...

Natasha
Natasha is a compassionate young cleric hailing from Grado. She has a calm and serious demeanor.

Natasha is one of the better healers in recent games, really only rivaled by L'Arachel (who joins too late to be serious competition for Natasha). In addition to having access to light magic on promotion, she's a statistical beast. She has great capping potential in magic, has insane luck, awesome resistance, and speed to go around. Her only severe downfalls are that she is a base class healer and she has disappointing skill and poor defense, but she makes up for it with the bishop's class skill in FE8, Slayer. She'll deal triple damage to undead foes, including the Demon King, while wielding light magic. Natasha is the best user of this skill because of her statistical advantages over Moulder and Artur and with it she has fantastic offensive synergy with Sage Moulder once you have your hands on the S-Rank weapons.

That's all I've done, I've been pretty busy irl. May get some more in later, but I need to work on some FE6 characters first because they're getting no love.

#17 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

If I get time today, I'm gonna try to cover Cormag, Seth, Glen, Gerik, Garcia, and Valter.

If I don't, I'll edit this post tomorrow.

#18 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Very late here but do you need stat growths and such? I can get a list together of the growths, base stats, and whatever else you may need for most of the characters if you still need one.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#19 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

No, I needed what was listed at the top of the thread.

It's outdated though, so it would be best to ignore this for now.

#20 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

good of you to volunteer though. we should start getting more content together relatively soon.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 33 user(s)