#1 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

Feel free to pick out whatever you want to do and post it in this topic so that no one else is writing the same thing. Try to write everything in a similar style if possible.

Chapters:
We just need a short walkthrough for a possible strategy for each chapter, as well as a small section on the Boss. Also mention good units to select for the chapter. Probably best to start with the first chapter and work down the list from there instead of picking them out at random. For harder chapters, it might be a good idea to get several different people to write their own strategy if possible.

Characters:
I'm looking for a small description of each character, ie. who they are/a brief history (you can probably just paraphrase this from another source if you wish). Then we need relatively brief review of the character and their strengths/weaknesses.

Characters Still Required:
Athos
Bartre
Canas
Dart
Dorcas
Eliwood
Erk
Farina
Fiora
Florina
Geitz
Guy
Harken
Hawkeye
Heath
Hector
Isadora
Jaffar
Karel
Karla
Kent
Legault
Louise
Lowen
Lucius
Lyn
Marcus
Matthew
Merlinus
Nils
Ninian
Nino
Oswin
Pent
Priscilla
Rath
Raven
Rebecca
Renault
Sain
Serra
Vaida
Wallace
Wil

Classes:
I'm not sure if it'll be possible to say very much, but short reviews of the classes and their strengths/weakenesses would be nice.

If you have any other suggested guides, let us know. There's no need to do anything that involves purely statistical data since that's all readily available, and I will be covering it.

#2 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

Characters:
Bartre
Oswin
Nino
Rebecca
And any other characters not given any love from anyone else...

Also here is the only stratagy you need for the very first chapter, prologue a girl from the plains
Kill the first bandit, preferably in a way that brings you closer to Batta the beast. If you get hurt use your healing item. Kill Batta, then steal his spot. If Batta hits you once, you have to heal, since two hits from him and its game over, so I suggest letting him attack you first and hoping for misses. Not too hard, just try not to die. You can only die if its Lyn hard mode, since in easy mode you auto win.
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#3 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity
  • Did you mean: boxxy?

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

You don't need a strategy for the first chapter, it's literally impossible to lose, AND the game walks you through it.
Also, I would not trust catman with those characters.

I'll do Athos, Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#4 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

You can write instructions for it, because it is possible to lose, I just wouldn't let catman do it. Something about the writing...
Posted Image

#5 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'll do Guy, Fiora, Priscilla, and generally any other character that nobody else takes.

... FE7 is my favorite~

#6 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

In addition to doing general overviews of characters, can we possibly put up our personal opinions of a character's usefulness (like a tier list, but not really in tier list format).

Also, I can do:
Erk
Harken
Heath
Legault
Lucius
Ninian
Pent
Rath
Renault
Serra
And more.

For classes, I do the Wyvern tree, the Shaman tree, the Nomad tree, and the Knight tree, if that's alright.

As far as chapters go, I'll have to look back and see which chapters I'd like to do. I have a general idea, but you said we should go in order, so I guess I should wait. Again, multiple opinions on chapters would be cool (like at least two). Oh you already said this.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#7 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I would help, but I think instead I'll focus on the Radiant Dawn project (especially since it has much less interest shown than this one).

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#8 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

I would not trust catman with those characters.

But you wouldn't trust me with a butter knife anyway.
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#9 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Dave, can we get a code outline like we did for the FE10 topic?

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#10 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

I haven't designed the character pages yet, so not yet.

Just providing the two paragraphs that I requested will be fine for now.

#11 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

k, I'll be ceding the characters I claimed to Nova, because he's more motivated about this than me. (Read: less lazy) I just want to get shit moving forward.
Woo, contradicting myself.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#12 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

If possible, could someone explain this code thing to me? I can just post the stuff though, if it doesn't matter much.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#13 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

The code for FE7 isn't ready yet, so just post a quick background for each character and a slightly longer character review.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#14 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

I can cut back or elaborate on any of these except maybe Fiora. There wasn't a lot to say about her >.> Priscilla also could probably use some rephrasing, but for now I think she's fine.

Lyn
A Sacaen orphan, Lyn is the last of her tribe. Her quest to meet her grandfather in the first twelve chapters sets the events of the game into motion.

Lyn operates similarly to myrmidons, boasting high speed and skill but mediocre strength and defensive stats. Her impressive skill allows her to score criticals with ease, making even the sturdiest of generals quake when she's wielding her personal weapon, The Mani Katti. When she promotes Lyn gains access to bows, which with her high speed and skill and decent strength makes her a fearsome long range unit. Stats, coupled with her ease of training, makes her a top candidate for the S-Rank bow, Rienfleche.

Eliwood
A young prince of Pharae. His convictions drive him, but his friends and his desire to avenge his father's death give him purpose. He acts as the lord of the main campaign.

Statistically Eliwood is the most balanced of the three lords with no distinct weaknesses, but also no specific strengths. He can be tough to level, but his "jack of all trades" stats make him a capable fighter once he gets moving. On promotion Eliwood will gain a mount and the ability to use lances, giving him excellent movement and a much more versatile weapon to work with. His low con hinders him when he gets Durandal, which coupled with his tough initial leveling makes him one of the hardest units in the game to use consistently. If you take the time to invest in him, though, Eliwood can come out one of your best units.

Hector
The younger brother to Marquess Ostia. Hot-headed and quick to act, he struggles to fight his way out of his brother's shadow. Hector is the third lord of the story, lauded by fans for having one of the hardest modes in the series.

Hector will start off slow and will have some trouble hitting faster units because of his mediocre skill, but around level 10 he begins to outshine his peers. He'll likely always be slower than Eliwood and Lyn, but his high defense and strength make him a formidable offensive tank. He's well received by fans for having arguably the best stats of the lords and the best promotion, gaining access to swords for neutral weapon triangle coverage. His low resistance can be a hindrance in the later stages of the game where most of the bosses are sages, druids, and bishops, but he comes back strong in the final battle as one of the few units capable of dealing heavy damage to the Fire Dragon without doubling or getting a critical.

Guy
A determined young nomad from the Kutolah tribe, Guy's thirst for skill and infamy inspire him to constantly push himself to be the best swordsman in all of Elibe.

In the normal modes Guy will have a tough time getting started; while his speed and skill are expectedly high, his strength falters well into his promotion and he'll have trouble killing enemies with moderate defense without a critical. That said, because of his critical boost and high skill Guy usually has no trouble killing much of anything that will pose an immediate threat to him. In the hard modes of the game Guy is a strong performer for having enemy stat bonuses and excellent support options in Matthew and Priscilla, who will boost his already high hit, avoid, and critical percentages to destructive levels.

Priscilla
A young noble from Etruria who was adopted after the destruction of her home, House Cornwall. She joins Eliwood to find her older brother Raymond.

Although Priscilla comes much later than Serra, she's arguably much more useful for the simple fact that she's mounted. In addition to her mount Priscilla has excellent magic, speed, and luck, making her one of the fiercest magical units in the game on promotion; her dodging is impeccable and you're guaranteed a double attack almost every time. Priscilla does have a very severe drawback in that she's a healer, though, and starts at level 3, so it takes quite a while to get her to that point. She's easily replaced by anyone capable of using a staff, her toughest competition being fellow anima user Erk for his ease of training in comparison to her.

Fiora
Fiora is the older sister of Florina and Farina and the commander of Ilia's 5th Wing. She feels personally responsible for the deaths of her subordinates on the Dread Isle.

Statistically Fiora is very similar to her sister Florina, but she will be more capable in resistance and HP. Although she joins later than her sister, the side quest immediately following her recruitment chapter was practically made for her, so leveling her isn't a challenge; she's a very capable replacement for Florina, or even as a standalone unit if you feel like giving her the free kills in 18x/19x.

#15 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

Good jorb.

Gotta say though, Hector starts off slow for only like three levels. He' pretty amazing at level five-seven, tbh.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

#16 byoxxyl

byoxxyl
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

I've really always had a problem with Hector's speed, and I never really noticed a vast improvement until he promoted. But that's probably a result of being RNG screwed.

NightAttheByoxxbury.gif

#17 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:12 AM

I don't disagree that Hector starts performing well around 5~7, but he doesn't start showing vast improvement over Lyn and Eliwood until around 10.

Despite how much more potential Hector has I've always been more partial to Lyn. I favor the speedier units~

#18 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

But he can also tank.
Posted Image

#19 November

November
    Veteran
  • Sombrero Bliss

• Veterans
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

That isn't going to make him a better unit. During the beginning stages of the game his defense isn't high enough for the tanking aspect to matter. He doesn't start picking up steam as a tank until around the time Erif said he gets good, 5~7. It's not until he's capable of doubling stuff that he really starts outperforming, even if the only stuff he's doubling is soldiers and knights.

Edit: I had more characters I wanted to do >.> Although I basically just stole the Isadora and Lowen ones from the paladin Gauntlet, lols.

Isadora
Isadora is Eleanora's personal guard & advisor and Harken's lover. She joins the party to help protect Nils in Kinship's Bond when Eubans and his forces surround them.

As far as the FE7 paladins go, Isadora is often considered the worst. Her low con and less-than-steller averages in defensive stats inhibit her from excellent performance. That said, con is really the only thing holding Isadora back. If she could lift heavier weapons she wouldn't be terrible by a long shot, certainly an able replacement for one of your cavaliers. Her strength, skill, and luck is passable and she'll almost always cap her speed, so she's capable of being good, but not great. Keep light swords in her inventory and she may be able to provide "backup" for your main force, but she's no front line fighter.

Dorcas
A lowly mercenary from Bern who fights to make gold to care for his frail wife, Natalie. He's just and honorable, if not quiet.

Although Dorcas got shortchanged on personality, he's no slouch in battle. While it may take him a while to pick up the speed he needs to be totally effective, his superior strength and decent skill make him a force to be reckoned with at any stage of the game. Although he's easily surpassed by other axe users, he's one of FE7's best archers on promotion. Giving Dorcas a bow will keep him off of the front lines, which makes up for his lack of defensive priority, and his high strength and skill make him a very capable back line fighter. He's certainly a contender for the S-Rank bow, Rienfleche; arguably its very best user, even. Stay away from the axes once he can lose them, though, as Dorcas doesn't have the speed to double or dodge or the defense or resistance to take many hits on the front lines.

Lowen
A knight in the service of House Pharae. Although inexperienced, Lowen has passion for his land and its people.

Lowen gets off to a rough start, but once he gets a little bit of speed he's one of the better tanks in the game because of his high defensive capabilities, which puts him above generals if only for his superior movement. For most of the game his strength, skill, and speed will struggle, but his role as an effective physical wall more than makes up for this. He's fully capable of being your very best utility unit, but he's likely not going to be one of your strongest physical contenders.

Karel
Karel is a traveling swordsman seeking opponents. His only motivation is to kill, earning him the title of the Sword Demon.

Karel serves his role as a replacement unit well, but as a standalone fighter he's not very impressive when compared to Guy. He has unusually high defense and resistance for a swordmaster, but his strength is typical and he could stand to have better HP. Much like Guy, though, his high skill will benefit him in delivering a ton of criticals. Use with caution, Guy will outperform him almost every time.

Karla
Karel's aloof younger sister. Much like Karel, she strives for perfection in battle. She's spent her entire life looking for her brother, chasing after the rumors of the Sword Demon.

Much like her brother, Karla isn't a terrible unit, but she's not great either. She'll perform on par with Karel and will be outclassed by Guy, but she's usable for the limited time you have her if you really want to use her. Her con is her only legitimate downfall because she comes so late. Karla can't afford to carry irons and steels around with her, so she relies on heavier, more powerful weapons to deal respectable damage. That said, hand her a Wo Dao or a Killer Sword and she should still be able to rip through small crowds with criticals. Not recommended for the final chapter, though.

Athos
Athos, the centuries old Archsage, literally a living legend. He seeks to stop his old friend Nergal after the druid descends into madness.

Athos is FE7’s Gotoh, a unit ready to use right out of the box. Statistically he’s not the best unit you’ll get (his speed leaves something to be desired, especially after you factor in AS loss from con), but he’s one of the best. You’re forced to use him and he’s the only character in the game who can achieve an S rank in more than one weapon type, so he makes an excellent filler unit if you neglected to use Canas or Lucius in addition to being a pretty awesome healer.

Hawkeye
The mysterious guardian of Nabata, Hawkeye joins the party when Jasmine and Paul disturb the desert. He has a young daughter, Igrene, who goes on to live up to his legacy as the desert’s watchman.

Much like Karel or Harken, Hawkeye’s main function is to be a replacement unit for Dart. In this respect he isn’t bad, but he can’t live up to quite the same potential that Dart can. He’ll be much slower with roughly the same skill, but Hawkeye does boast more impressive defensive averages than Dart. It’s a tossup, but Hawkeye is unique in that unlike other replacement units he does function very well on his own even if you do use Dart.

Louise
Louise is the wife of Count Reglay, Pent. With her husband she spends much of her time in Arcadia with the archsage and she’s something of a mother figure to Erk. She passes her skill with the bow down to her son, Klein.

Although she’s not fantastic, Louise does have the distinction of being one of the few usable bow users in FE7. Archers can be a pain to train, which is a non-issue with Louise. She’s one of the better replacement units for this fact, but she joins in the same chapter that Lyn can potentially promote in so it’s lost on her if you opt to go with the blade lord. Statistically Louise will boast similar averages to Rebecca with lower cap potential, excelling primarily in speed.

Matthew
An Ostian spy with a bright demeanor, Matthew’s personality gives way to his skill as a thief. He is in a relationship with Leila, a fellow spy in Ostia’s service.

While Matthew isn’t inherently the best thief, he’s probably your best option in FE7 for his availability. He joins much earlier than Legault or Jaffar, giving him a potentially significant level advantage over Legault and a statistical stalemate with Jaffar. In addition to this, his support options are much more tuned to give him the offensive boosts the assassins need to put a dent into their enemies, particularly in Guy and Oswin. Statistically he and Legault are very similar, with the only major differences being that Matthew will have slightly higher strength but lower skill, luck, defense, and resistance.

Jaffar
The Angel of Death as he’s called in The Black Fang, Jaffar is a merciless assassin in the employ of Nergal. He feels a strange attachment to Nino after she saves his life.

Jaffar is the only assassin with consistent maximum strength potential, but he’s cursed with a bad support affinity and late join time. Because you don’t get the Fell Contract until the chapter where you recruit Jaffar, he is the most practical assassin which, when coupled with the fact that he’s one of the few prepromotes with genuinely good stats throughout his leveling, makes Jaffar a hard unit to deny. He’ll have low defensive averages, particularly in luck and resistance, and his HP falters, but his strength, skill, speed, and defense are all excellent from the moment you get him.

#20 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Why would you use & and and.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 19 user(s)