Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

Most of these features are still in the planning stage, so keep that in mind. I'm going to pad this out a bit and go into more depth on some of the features at a later point (probably after I get the website up).

It's going to be a hybrid multiplayer online RPG, basically a combination of traditional turn-based (Final Fantasy like) combat and FE-like tactical battles, and will also contain elements of 4X strategy.

The basic concept is that there are 4 stages that you'll progress through over time:

1- [First Person Mode]
You create your character and choose a starting class and village. You'll be able to do a number of different quests (some quests will be unique to certain villages, while others will be available everywhere (If you've ever played the Final Fantasy Tactics games, think of something similar to the Quest/Job boards in the bars), gaining money/experience and levelling your character up. You'll also progress through a hierarchy, eventually becoming a "Lord" or something similar. I'll have more information on this soon.

If I can manage to put a system together, you'll also be able to explore the overworld (RPG maker style), and there will be some dungeons and shit where you can grind against monsters/find treasure. You'll be alone on all of the maps etc (as in, people won't be running around with you), BUT you will be able to fight people in battles/tournaments etc.

The PvP battles will have chatboxes so you can talk to the person you're battling. If your enemy is idle for a long period of time/they disconnect, you'll be given the option of ending the battle so you aren't left sitting there if they ragequit.

2- [Third Person Mode]
When you gain the rank of lord (or something similar, not sure how I'm going to do this yet), you gain access to the tactical battlefield (you will still continue to play in the first stage, as well), which will most likely work in a similar way to the FE game battles. Basically, you'll be able to hire a party of mercenaries (who you can customize/level up as well) and participate in a number of quests/skirmishes/wars against other armies. In some cases, you might be given an army to control, while in others you will be able to use your own personal team. Battles in these fights will work in a similar way to FE combat, not like the turn-based RPG style battles of the first stage. (I think that "boss fights" will play out as proper battles between your main character and whoever the boss is, though, to mix things up a bit)

Again, there will be PvP battles as well, which will have chatboxes, as well as the option to pause the fight and resume it at a later stage (maybe).

Future:

3- [World Building Mode]
Country/state stage. You'll be able to build up your own "area", starting with a Village, which will develop into a town, and then numerous towns. Once you reach this level, there's no reset button - if your village is invaded and destroyed/taken over, it's lost for good unless you come and take it back at a later point. If you don't want to go to the trouble of doing all of this, there will be other options at this stage (ie. joining someone else's "area").

4- [God Mode]
Empire stage. I haven't really planned this far ahead, but basically there will be room for a limited number of empires/kingdoms/whatevers, which a few players will be control. This might not ever happen.

-----------------

The game will be hosted on it's own website, but I do plan on integrating a lot of the features with the FEE forums. It's a massive project, and I'm planning on releasing it in stages (so basically, the "Empire" stage isn't going to happen for quite a while). Expect a (limited) beta test for the first stage sometime in July.

I'll create a few threads over the next few weeks in regards to ways that you can help out.

#2 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

How much traffic do you expect? Do you think it would improve FEEF's traffic too?
Posted Image

#3 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

How much traffic do you expect? Do you think it would improve FEEF's traffic too?

Asking how much traffic you expect is like asking a business how much money they intend to make. There isn't really an answer other than 'as much as possible'.

DO
Posted Image
?

#4 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Interesting. The empire stage and beyond might not be my cup o' tea, but everything up to that has me quite intrigued.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#5 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Do you plan to keep classes true the FE series, or do you plan to make your own? Also, how far are you planning to go in terms of integrating a main storyline? I'd definitely be able to help you out with creating concepts and ideas, but beyond that, I don't think I'd be of much use.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#6 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

I'm curious about the character making. Any more detail?

sig.gif

#7 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Do you plan to keep classes true the FE series, or do you plan to make your own? Also, how far are you planning to go in terms of integrating a main storyline?

I think I've mentioned new classes a few times already. Not sure yet.

#8 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

will you also accept donations for this site's domain hosting as well?
Posted Image

#9 Grand Sage

Grand Sage
    Veteran
  • �� Original Resident BAMF��

• Veterans
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

The character creation part intrigues me! Excited. :D

#10 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Asking how much traffic you expect is like asking a business how much money they intend to make. There isn't really an answer other than 'as much as possible'.

DO
Posted Image
?

Actually, investors typically have to ask this question every transaction they make.
Posted Image

#11 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

will you also accept donations for this site's domain hosting as well?

It'll be hosted off the same server, so the only extra cost will be $9.99 a year for the domain registration itself, so there's no need. (and I'm not even going to start up the separate website until the game is public, so hopefully FEE's traffic will be up again by then, and the ads can cover any extra costs).

#12 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

How many quests are you going to have? Making PvE content is always horribly time consuming.

If you haven't looked at canvas, its a lot better than div hacking.

#13 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Probably not too many, I don't want them to be the focus.

Yeah I've been looking at canvas. There are quite a few open source RPG projects out there already, so I'll probably end up stealing their code.

#14 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

- semi-animated battles
- chatboxs in it

Reminds me PO.

sig.gif

#15 Espilon

Espilon
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 773 posts
  • Location:Minnesota. FREEZIN MA TITTIES OFF, BITCHES! COME VISIT!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Any idea when the web link to this actual site goes up? Cause this looks interesting!
"Son, the right to your music ends at my ears."

#16 shrub

shrub
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

This sounds incredible. If you can pull of a project as ambitious as this, I applaud you.
wariotime_small.png

#17 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

It's going to take a long time, but I'm slowly making progress.

#18 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

so yeah how's this goin'
Posted Image

#19 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

lolol

Well I have a basic battle system coded. No front end though.

might actually get somewhere eventually, just don't have the time.

#20 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

how to med student

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users