56 replies to this topic

#41 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

The only thing that makes Heather envy Volke even slightly is the pointlessness of a move that leaves the enemy at 1 hp. I mean how annoying is it when you're about kill an enemy with your 2 strikes, and then the last one leaves them at 1hp?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#42 Darkanen

Darkanen
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

lol, it's become Sothe vs Heather vs Volke

A new opponent enter in the arena!!!! XD
Posted Image

#43 Krevin except a lot cooler

Krevin except a lot cooler
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

It's not really Sothe vs either of them. Sothe is the best, that's been established.

Bane is a shitty skill. If it hits on strike one it's an auto-kill but most mastery skills are auto-kills almost every time they hit.

Statistically, Volke has a very notable upper hand in HP, Str, Skl, and Defense, while Heather has the upper hand in the much less important Luck and Res. As far as Spd goes, initially Heather is likely to have capped (40) by the time you get Volke, who only has 35, but Volke can catch up to that. On top of that, Volke has that sexy +25 Crit.

I still say it's fair to consider Heather a better unit, though, due to the fact that she provides utility and has much more availability, paired with her ability to tap into an A-Rank support early on, while Volke has to wait until deep endgame. And Fire affinity is better than Wind affinity. In fact, given the statistical makeup of knife users in this game, Wind affinity is probably the most useless affinity that Volke could have. He's already almost definitely going to be hitting 100% of the time and avoiding nigh all hits. A water, or even a dark affinity would be useful, to compensate for the moderately subpar offense of a knife user, but Wind is pretty useless.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#44 Darkanen

Darkanen
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

I pratically forgot that, because it's soon cristmas ^^

Ok, there is a special fight:

Deghinsea vs Ashera

(I know, this time, that will be more interessing ^^)
Posted Image

#45 Krevin except a lot cooler

Deity

• Deity
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Ashera > All.

#46 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Dheghinsea isn't a bad enough dude to attack his own son. Ashera straight up doesn't give a fuck. Dheghinsea basically kowtows to Ashera. Pretty obvious who wins.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#47 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Big Black Dragon.... or God....
I know you have a boner for dat dragon... but I'mma say God here cause God... God don't have to explain shit cause its magic.
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#48 Krevin except a lot cooler

Deity

• Deity
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

plus, Ashera's got dem big ol' balls that don't let you do shit

#49 Darkanen

Darkanen
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

Merry Christmas all ^^ (Even if it's not today ^^)

Seen everyone believe Ashera will win. Just a point I want to get, Deghinsea was one who beat the other goddess, Yune. So, maybe he can beat Ashera. In a other point, his Ires is truly powerfull.

Now, a other special fight. This time, for christmas, I decided to take a character from an another game ^^

Ike vs Roy

(P.S.: Forgot the specials skills of Ike, example Aether)
Posted Image

#50 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

are you saying you forgot Ike's special skills, or are you telling us not to consider them in our analysis? because if i'm not considering ike's aether, then i'm not considering roy's sword of seals. either way, Ike wins. The only thing Roy has going for him is his special weapon, which is available for a very limited portion of his game - Ike is among the very few Fire Emblem lords who does not need special treatment to stay alive, he kicks ass all on his own. If Ike wasn't the lord, most players would use him anyway because he keeps heaven stocked with fresh souls. roy, on the other hand, generally needs help to keep up and his end result is underwhelming.

When comparing Ike to another lord, try someone like Sigurd. I hereby suggest that the people posting after me compare Ike with Sigurd. (Spoiler alert: Ike still wins)

#51 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

Sigurd is Ike... on a horse.
Obviously Sigurd wins
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#52 Darkanen

Darkanen
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Well, i wanted to have a comparison with fire emblem games heroes. I have never know the existence of Sigurd.

I don't have play much with Roy, but I have play truly much with Ike. Ike win, sure, because yes, Ike don't need protection, because he is badass. If we consider the fact Ragnell is much usefull than the sealed sword of Roy, that give a more advantage for Ike.

Well, Merry christmas ^^
Posted Image

#53 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Who cares about Sigurd, Cartman.

Anyways, Ike wins.

sig.gif

#54 Tawny779

Tawny779
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

I have yet to play Sigurd's game, however I really like the wya Ike is setup. I think once in like 19 chapters I've had to restart because of an Ike death, and that was only because I got on 17-4 in PoR by the reinforcement Bow Knights/Paladin, and I couldn't get help to him quick enough, I had everybody else soaking up the exp fighting towards the boss since Ike was capped. Needless to say I didn't make that mistake again.

...I still haven't seen a post in New Members from this guy...

And you won't see any.

Posted Image

#55 Krevin except a lot cooler

Deity

• Deity
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Haven't played FE4, so I don't have much grounds for this debate. But I'm looking at Sigurd's stats right now and jizzing everywhere. A unit like that would certainly hold up better against Ike.

#56 SgtSmilies

SgtSmilies
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

And in any case, if you're going Sigurd vs Ike, look at their sacred items, Ragnell vs Tirfing
Tirfing
Might: 30, Weight, 7, Hit: 80, +10 Skill and Speed, +20 Res, and Prayer.
Ragnell
Might: 18, Weight, 20, Hit: 80, Crit: 5, 1-2 Range, and +5 Defense.
Obviously Tirfing has the upper hand, with Ragnell only upping it in the +5 defence bonus and the 1-2 range. The 5 crit doesn't change much, because after Sigurd gets it in chapter 5 he will probably use the fuck out of it. and get it to above 55 kills, (Every kill after 50 adds one crit, along with the critical skill.) meaning a possibly higher crit rate then Ragnell.
Posted Image

#57 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

right. only available for one chapter, but it's a long chapter, the fe4 chapters are like 4 chapters in any other fire emblem.

point i was making is... ike is considered this unbelievably good lord, breaking tradition etc... i'm real happy for him and i'ma let him finish...

but sigurd was one of the baddest fire emblem lords of all time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users