• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Story:

The year is 653. After five years of repairing Nox Castle, the Nox Magic Academy was now open to students. Five years that were also spent looking for worthy instructors to teach in all fields where magic was actually used. Students of various ages, origins and sizes have come to apply, and were accepted, into the Nox Magic Academy, which was known as a place where people could learn all types of magic. You are some of these students, and you finally arrive at the entrance of the newly-constituted magic academy. Once you arrive with your provisions, you try to find your way to your pre-testing grounds where you had to show whether you knew anything or not about your chosen path before classes actually began.

Nox itself was, not only a Daein stronghold defended by heavy artillery, but also a learning institution, repaired since the "war that awoke Yune" and, as such, the garrison of the castle also act as security guards for the magical academy. But before you could take the pre-test, the security guards ask you to identify yourself, along with your planned concentration, so that they could direct you to the right pre-testing facility.

---------------------------------------------------------

Magical concentrations (or majors):

Offensive:

- Fire
- Wind
- Thunder
- Light
- Darkness

Non-offensive:

- Healing
- Potioneering
- Enchanting

---------------------------------------------------------

Here are the triangles of magical combat:

Primary triangle:

Anima (fire, wind, thunder) beats light but is beaten by darkness
Light beats darkness but is beaten by anima
Darkness beats anima but is beaten by light

Secondary triangle:

Fire beats wind but is beaten by thunder
Wind beats thunder but is beaten by fire
Thunder beats fire but is beaten by wind

--------------------------------------------------------

Character sheet:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Place of origin:
Biography:

#2 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Name: edrick
Major: darkness
Height:6'2
Weight:168
Place of origin: Desis (a small island to the west of the main continent in what is know as the black sea. that has been home to some famous magic users in the past)
Biography: tall,tanned,with well defined muscles, handsome by most standards but prefers to keep to himself most of the time and will usually only talk to people if it is required. he started to show signs of his magic ability at the age of 2 when he started doing odd jobs around the smithy. when he was 5 he accidentally enchanted his first weapon. it was with poison. then his parents started making him enchant some of the weapons they made for a bigger profit.at the age of 12, tired of his parents obsession with his magic he started traveling around the island honing his magic in solitude till he heard of The Nox Royal Magic Academy..........

19.jpg

#3 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Name: Jutudiel
Major: Fire
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 205
Place of origin: Migdol, a Northern Daein mining town with steel mines and clay pits
Biography: As the daughter of miners, she had to work in the mines from an early age, hence her massive frame. She always dreamed of operating her own kiln so she could learn the pottery trade.

#4 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

walking through the front gate many girls look over and begin to stare but he is thinking ("i wonder if there are classes set up yet or if i even have a schedule i should probably look for the main office") and he begins to look around keeping to the more darker places with some girls still holding their stare

19.jpg

#5 Damon

Damon
    Veteran
  • Wisconsinite Through and Through

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Name: Engel
Major: Darkness
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 165
Place of origin: Ocala, Daein - A fishing port near the Crimean-Daein border, full of fishermen, merchants, and entertainers.
Appearance: Engel has lavender colored hair which is short and stylish. He isn't the most muscular man around but has an athletic, lean build with a fair, pasty tan. The youth has a pair of forest green eyes which are enchanting and pretty. He is described as fair and handsome amongst the girls of NRMA.

Biography: Engel was born into a pretty wealthy family. His father owned a few businesses around Ocala, including a pub, an inn, an armory, and also a few houses he leased out to citizens. With being a bit known throughout town Engel was given a privileged life, something he didn't waste of course. He used it all he could, getting himself out of any trouble he was in or getting any friends he wanted, or really wanted to be friends with him. He's snobby, cocky, vain, and thinks very highly of himself.

He started dabbling in magic in his youth, as it was either that or mastering weaponry. "Only brutes used weapons," was what he always said, but his mind did change once he started using magic as he was soon able to conjure many kinds of magic that resembled weapons. His area of expertise is in the dark arts, something his father always thought was a wrong choice. His mother on the other hand was the opposite surprisingly. She loved the fact that he was so passionate about something other than himself.

Engel now attends the Nox Royal Magic Academy, hoping to graduate with high honors and become one of the top magicians out there, still being his typical narcissistic-self.

#6 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

When Jutudiel entered the main gate, the security guards asked for her major, which was fire, and showed her the quarters assigned to fire majors. Along the way, the boys there told her things like "Look at the size of that girl!" and "She's too tall to be true!"; upon hearing the latter, she thought, "Perhaps they think I have that kind of size because of some spell I cast on myself..." because she simply was the tallest female fire major. She had to follow the security guards up to her dormitory room, even having to climb stairs to do so. Once in her dormitory, there were two pieces of parchment that contained different statements. To the right of the academic schedule, there was a notice that read, "During the academic year, each major will have to perform house-keeping tasks: wind majors will have to clean the castle grounds, fire majors will do the heating, light majors are responsible for the maintenance of the lighting, darkness majors will have to protect the school grounds from vermin, thunder majors will grow the food, healing majors are responsible for operating the sickbay, potioneering majors are responsible for the cooking and, finally, the enchanting majors will perform maintenance works. Thank you for your understanding."

"That's an awful lot of housekeeping demanded on our part!", Jutudiel's roommate complained. "I sure hope that you have enough magical talent to provide heating in my stead... please take a look at our academic schedule!"

Magical safety on Mondays, which was required of all majors, elementary non-combat fire magic on Tuesdays, elementary combat fire magic on Wednesdays, elementary magical theory on Thursdays, heron language for spellcasters on Fridays. Certainly some magical sparring/practice could be done after-hours.

#7 Damon

Damon
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Engel sat in the common's of the Dark Major's dormitory reading a book. It was the classic tale, The Shadow Knight and the Black Sea by Lord Tallis Burton. It was about a dark, shady knight who kept to himself until one night he was thrown into a civil war that turned into the bloodiest war their continent had ever seen. He fought and lived through the war, taking his fight not just on land, but to the Black Sea where his tales of victory began. He became a legend, but still upheld his dark demeanor, which is something Engel envied. The Shadow Knight was the best at what he did, and he didn't have to change himself for anyone. That was what Engel wanted.

The dark magician was so engulfed in his book that he hadn't noticed the common's being filled up with other new students, him being one of the first to arrive. A few giggles broke his concentration which were from a few cute girls who were staring directly at him. He let a chuckle escape his lips and gave the group of girls a devious smirk, "This is going to be a fun year."

#8 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Now that Jutudiel was back into the fire majors' commons, there was a pretty short guy approaching her, whispering "You're just too damn big" after he came out of his dormitory. "I wonder where they get all that ammunition to let us spar off-hours..." he said, before Jutudiel was going to sit down on the bench next to him. "Is combat fire magic something that requires a reagent to cast, while non-combat fire magic does not?" the pupil asked.

"I knew there was a magical supplies shop back home, and it sold tomes, like Fire, Elfire, Elwind, Arcthunder, with vendors saying that they must be used like ammunition clips, but I have no clue", Jutudiel responded, met with that reply: "OK, then, show me how do I get to be that big and show me what magic talent you've got"

#9 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

when the halls were nearly empty (the way he preferred it) he started walking toward the dark's dormitories and when he got there he looked at the giant wooden reinforced doors thinking (well at least i wont have to duck but it will be next to impossible to not make a sound opening them) with a loud creaking sound the doors swing open and every head in the room accept for a male with his reading a book *one that he's read and one of his favorites* and the girls around him swing to this new person in the room he catches some of what people are saying like "who does this guy think he is?" "what is another person doing out so late?" "wow he is really good looking" "sheesh he is tall how old is he?" "and some slight giggles from some girls" then he sees one of the girls around the guy look up then gets the other girls to look up and soon most of the room is crowded around him asking questions then he just looks around and spies the men's bedrooms and just heads to them without saying a word with some people still following him and on his way out of the commons he catches things like "whats wrong with him he didn't even say a word " "he is so dreamy" and he just sighs and walks into a room that looks empty and notices there is bunk bed and think (i hope no one annoying is bunking with me if any at all) and starts to change in sleepware

19.jpg

#10 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

"I promise you that I will be able to make you as tall as you want to be, but to make the magical potion that will actually make you bigger, I will need to turn out an enchanted pot. Be warned that the gigantification potion needs to be consumed daily over several months to have the effect it had on me" warned Jutudiel to the male student, eager to get bigger and taller. "So why didn't you major in potioneering or in enchantment?" the student asks as Jutudiel looked suspicious to the student's eyes, and then leaves to get the ingredients required to make both the potion and the enchanted container. What she really needed to make that gigantification concoction was, of course, kudzu roots, as well as kudzu leaves. And, of course, some clay to make a sizeable pot to store the potion. "But how to find enough clay to make the pot? And, especially, how to turn the pot?" she thought. Now that she returned to her bunk, Jutudiel is confronted by her roommate:

"What is the meaning of this... potioneering business?" Jutudiel's roommate asked. "I wonder how will that fly in the marketplace when market days come; you should have been a potioneering or an enchantment major." "Don't worry about that; I plan on making my minor just so that I can turn enchanted pots, and sell them" she replied before going off and purchase the clay needed to make the pot, but she had to wait a little bit to fire the pot, since the enchantment requires the pot to be cooked, hence her interest into building and operating a kiln.

#11 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

after getting his bedware on he starts to unpack his stuff he pulls out a dusty tome and sets it on the table (hmmm... i shouldent let people see this i will probably get in trouble...) then he puts a arcane seal on it so it cant be opend. and a few other dusty tomes in a long forgotton language and a tome of translation between the old language and the language now and he picks up a certain stone out of his pack and puts it in his pocket. thenhe fishes outa crystal and says good thing they didnt check packs for magic......

19.jpg

#12 Damon

Damon
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

The attention of the girls swayed away from him to another boy who had entered the room. He didn't talk at all, given all the attention from just about everyone in the room other than Engel. "One of those guys, eh?" The magician said to himself. He bookmarked his place and wandered to his room, which the doorway was a little too crowded. "Are you kidding me?"

Other students who had followed the guy were now walking away from the direction of Engel's doorway and that only meant one thing, "You're my roommate?" Engel sighed as he entered the room. That's when he took notice of the boy's books, raising an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to have those here with you."

#13 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

looking up he slips the crystal into his other pocket and not wanting to get in trouble is forced to say "they are not attack magic tomes...... i think. i turned the regular magic tomes and weapons in at the armory" and picks up a tome with some unreconisable symbles and a book marked only with a T leaving 3 other tomes with unreadable symbols sitting on the desk and jumps into the top bunk and opens both of the books he grabbed and starts to flip through the one with the T while looking at the other.

19.jpg

#14 Damon

Damon
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

"Uhm, sure." Engel replied. "As long as I don't get in trouble for your things then that's fine with me." He slipped onto his bead, taking off his boots beforehand. As he sat on his bead he looked up, his roommate was a little weird, but he had to live with him for the whole year.

"I'm Engel by the way."

#15 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

sighing he says "I'm edrick" then thinks (well at least for now he was not too curious. but maybe i should get to bed soon but i will stay up a bit longer) and continues leafing through the tome with the T on it

19.jpg

#16 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

after everyone was asleep edrick finally put down the tomes and went to sleep. then something makes a noise outside the bedroom door. being a light sleeper he was up instantly with the crystal in his hand. Edrick then jumped to the floor and landed on all 4's to avoid making sound he crept to the door the crystal in his hand in front of him turning into a dagger he opens the door. all there is, is a rat,he grabs the rat and walks into the commons where a fire is still burning in the big ornate fireplace then he foucus on the rat and the rat stops moving and goes limp and then he throws the rat into the fireplace and walks back to the room and sees his roommate is still asleep gets back into bed. and thinks (tomorrow's monday and the first day of classes.time for magical saftey.)

19.jpg

#17 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

19.jpg

#18 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Realizing that she might run out of time to make her pot, Jutudiel decided that it wasn't the right time to purchase the clay, even though the kudzu-based ingredients to make her charms were in her possession already. But, since she needed to go to sleep, she had to review what she needed for the first course. Parchment, quill, ink, and, of course, the textbook called A Comprehensive Compendium of Magical Hazards, knowing that she must store magical tomes in a dry, secure area. After eating dry bread, she went to bed directly, not having any motivation to stay awake any longer. Once in the bed, Jutudiel realizes that the bed is a little small for her, and her feet protrudes from it, once she lies down.

#19 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

early in the morning before the sun has risen edrick wakes up and thinks (perfect it is still dark out.) and he silently jumps out of bed seeing his roomate is still asleep he silently gets dressed in his robes and walks into the commens seing a couple of people and while looking a girl looks at him too and blushes and then edrick walks into the hallway and sets out for the dining hall. when he arives he sees some people sitting and eating and some talking so he goes to the serving area where a girl hands him a plate of food and eating utensils he says "thank you" and she smiles happily and says "your welcome. i cooked it myself" he just nods his head then he goes and sits far away from the few other people and looks down at his plate and begins to eat as some more people start to walk in to the dining hall.

19.jpg

#20 Damon

Damon
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

"Gone already?" Engel yawned as he popped out of bed. He was surprised that his odd roommate was up and out already, or maybe he shouldn't be, considering he was well, odd. Getting dressed he carried his robe and a few books with him as he made his way to the Dark commons. He smiled and nodded, giving a few of his dorm mates that 'you've been noticed' nod.

Breakfast wasn't his thing, so instead he found himself walking to the courtyard where students hung out waiting for classes to begin. It was their first day, so they had to make an impression. The young druid took a seat, leaning up against a wall, and pulled out his schedule for the semester. "Mondays, Combative Dark Arts. Tuesdays, History of Elder Magicks. Wednesdays, Beginning Summoning. Thursdays, Magical Theory. And finally on Fridays I'll have Heron Language for Spellcasters." Now he was being a little odd, sitting alone, talking to himself. He chuckled a bit, noting that maybe his roommate was rubbing off some of his odd-ness onto him.

"Hiya, Engel!" A voice chimed in. His head turned to see a girl's face popped out of a window on the wall he was leaning on. Of course the girl was someone he obviously knew.

"Rose," Engel nodded, giving her a smirk. "It's nice to see you."

"Oooh, someone's had a nice morning~" The girl teased. "You're never this nice to me. Must've met a girl huh?"

"I've met plenty of girls so far." The magician replied. "What are your classes as a Healing major?"

"The basics pretty much, but I do have Magical Theory with you! That should be fun! We could be like partners if we ever needed one!" Rose said, almost jumping out of the window.

"I'm pretty sure I'd pick someone else over you." Engel muttered, "This is going to be a long year now."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users