The Nox Royal Magic Academy

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Once Jutudiel awakened, she realized that it was her turn of duty for the fires in the kitchen. Because she apparently learned a little Fire magic, she was assigned to the first tour of kitchen duty. She had to work the ovens in the kitchen, using fire magic to keep the ovens cooking food for the breakfast of the hundreds of students in the inaugural class. She felt a little uncomfortable having to light and maintain the fires that allow everyone to cook. For some reason, she had to man two fires at once, which requires a considerable amount of effort from her part. "Come on, why aren't there more fire majors ready to man kitchen fires?" she thought while there were about five or six fire majors in the kitchen while the normal complement would ask for a minimum of seven. Surely there are more than seven fire majors, but she knows the importance of breakfast and the students assigned to cooking duty are often eating last.

"Remember, everyone, please be careful into operating the fires, especially Jutudiel here..." commented an instructor while a potioneering major was about to bake bread in Jutudiel's oven.

"Bread... the one thing I need so I can keep learning magic!" Jutudiel thought when the bread was brought out of the oven.

"Jutudiel, you're too heavy to be true!" commented another potioneering major, taking bread out.

"What's this obsession with everyone commenting on my weight or my height? Too heavy to be true on one side, I'm just too damn big on the other side..." she thought once the cooking was completed. Not much else to eat other than bread but surely there was fruit, vegetables or some other food anywhere...

#22 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

after finishing breakfast edrick notices there is a crowd of people around him, mostly girls, and he gets up and gives his dishware back to the girl at the serving area and she asks "did you enjoy it?"and edrick replied " yes, it was good" and with a devious smirk she replies "good" then edrick walks out of the dining hall still noticing that alot of the people that were around him are still following him he sighs, then shrugs and decides to go get the real scheduel from the main office. while heading towards the main office he passes through the courtyard and notices that his roomate Engel is leaning on a wall holding the fake schedule witha iritaded look on his face with a girl talking to him out of a window and edrick thinks(does he know that those scheduels are fakes?) and with the group caught up to him and still more joining goes over to Engel and says "That schedule is a faked prank. magic saftey is on monday for all majors. and remeber, summoning was banned after the war in year 0. im going to the office to get a real schedule now "and edrick started off to the office, the group still crowding him trying to talk to him and he thinks( what is wrong with these short people) fore the tallest one in the courtyard was 3 inches shoter than him.(do they need to gather around me?)

19.jpg

#23 Damon

Damon
    Veteran
  • Wisconsinite Through and Through

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Engel blinked, a little speechless as he roommate told him his schedule was a fake. "I'm pretty sure it's the real one." Engel said before his roommate left. "I talked to the Summoning professor yesterday about what books I needed. And yes, summoning was banned, but there was a lift for the introduction class. We don't summon much and we only learn the basics about the history and how to defend against summons, considering this is the first year the school is being re-opened. And as for my Magic Safety, I have it for next semester, one of the lucky ones."

Edrick either ignored him and turned away or was just a little embarrassed and turned away, whichever it was, Engel just shrugged it off. For someone who was weird, he was oddly popular with everyone. "Eh," the youth muttered, raising an eyebrow.

#24 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Now that she ate her bread, Jutudiel was back to her dorm to take up the stuff she needed for the Magical Safety course, which, according to her textbook, pertained to regulations pertaining to the use of magic, as well as safety precautions. She realizes that the school saw no need for a magical history course per se, preferring to teach magical history in the context of other subject-matter courses. She wasn't exactly a prodigy either but she seemed to know enough about magical safety and fire magic in the context of non-combat fire spells to be able to man two cooking fires at once, although she knows for sure that she doesn't know nearly as much as she should about magical safety, and certainly not about combat magic. However, some of the students, eager to get taller, seeing that "she's too big to be true", continued to pester her about what magic she may have used for making herself that big.

"When will you help us get taller?" demanded a short male student, each of which was equally eager to get taller.

"I'm afraid that the time is not ripe to do so. I need time to craft, and cook, the pot that will be used to make the magic potion that will make you taller; even then, you will have to drink it every day for the entire semester for it to have the effect you want." warned Jutudiel as she walked through a throng of students that all want to get taller to get to her magical safety class. One that has multiple sections.

#25 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

after talking to his roomate edrick walked to the office and asked for a scheduel and asked about the fake scheduels and summonining class the person at the office said "oh, sorry about the schedule a light major thought it would be funny to make fake schedules and get them out we still havent caught them yet. and about the sumonning it is suprising the lords allowed it and there is minimal summoning and it is mainly history and how to defend aginst it. and here is your schedule." then edrick thinks (crap i was wrong with his schedule i didnt think the lords of this areawould allow a class like that. i will apoligize tonight.) then he looks at his schedule monday- magic saftey. tuesday-history of elder magicks. wensday- beginning summoning. thursday- enchanting weapons and armor. friday- heron language for spellcasters saturday/sunday- freedays your choice of what to do *warning schedules are subject to change* edrick thinks (do all darkness majors have basically the same classes sheesh) as he wakls into a magic saftey classroom and decides to go sit away from the kids who have arrived already and look at the people walking in and he thinks(are all mainlanders so shout the tallest one ive seen is 3 inches shorter than me) but that dosent last long as the rows of seats directly in front and behind him fill up with girls mostly wanting his attention it appeared they were not brave enough to sit directly next to him on either side of him and he brings out his 2 tomes he had been reading last night and noticed he still had a hour before class.

19.jpg

#26 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Once in class, the giant-sized Jutudiel, the student that apparently had a potion that could make people taller, turned heads among both guys and girls, the ones that were unhappy to be too short for their taste. Thus all of Jutudiel's neighbors in class were "dwarves" compared to her, sometimes a feet shorter than her. "So what's your trick to become a taller and bigger mage?" asked one student after another, alongside a chorus of "You're just too damn big" and "Too big to be true".

"If I told you what magical process made me so tall and so big, would you stop bugging me about it? Before I tell you about it, I have one warning to issue: for that process to work, you need to follow it every day for weeks and weeks for it to work"

"Why is it a magical process that takes so long?" inquired the short student.

"Because there are times where the most efficient spell, potion or charm simply isn't safe at all, which is the case for gigantification. Although quite inefficient, the potion I could make is safe for use. By next week you will all have gigantification potion to drink, plus the potion tastes like beer, even though there is no alcohol into the potion."

"How are you going to make all of us distribute the potion?" asked another short student.

"During dinner time, there is a barrel of "tasty magic potion" being served; what about I make the gigantification potion that one tasty magic potion? But, for that, I need to craft one big, enchanted ceramic pot in which I can make a barrelful of magic potion"

#27 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

looking up from his books edrick notices a girl suprisingly about his own heigth walk in surrounded by people almost a foot or so shorter then he notices how musculer she is and he thinks "i wonder what major she is" and notices that there is few seats left in the class save for the ones adjacent to him and he starts to read his tomes again

19.jpg

#28 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Little do these students know is that, if Jutudiel's potion works, and the students don't react negatively to it, she may as well brew gigantification potion for sale in the marketplace and fund the entire experience. But she starts wondering how she'd manage to brew that much potion every day, since her plan to make everyone else her size requires an entire barrel to be brewed every day. "I'd rather stay in the kitchen after hours so I could brew that potion that will make everyone else "too big to be true" if I can even use the big cauldron used to brew soup" she thought, before putting her paper, ink, tomes and quill on her desk.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen, it appears that Jutudiel knows a bit of advice about magical safety, and it appears that, should you have kitchen duty at any point in your stay, I will be watching over you."

"What about training grounds?" asked another student, eager for magical combat practice.

"Training grounds? One hour before and after meal times will you be able to go on the training grounds."

"You haven't introduced yourself just yet." commented Jutudiel ready, at attention.

"My name is Gomeisa" answered the instructor.

#29 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

putting his books away as class begins edrick starts paying attantion to the instructor and almost right off the bat he gets confused by her bad grammer but picks up that the tall muscled girl's name is jutudiel. then the teacher talks about when the training grounds are open and after she is asked she tells the class her name is Gomeisa.then edrick thinks of something and asks "in the training grounds will we be able to use our tomes from the armory or will the school supply them?"

19.jpg

#30 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

"Because many among you will want to practice magical combat, I have to inform you that the school will supply the tomes only if you don't possess tomes that are cleared for use on the training grounds. Should you possess tomes that are stocked in the armory, you will be able to take them out of the armory only if they can be safely operated." Gomeisa explained to the entire class of apprentice wizards.

"That's great... once we learn the rudiments of magical combat and magical safety as applied to the use of combat magic." Jutudiel thought, while the only notions she may know about magical safety pertain to non-combat magic.

#31 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

edrick then goes over the tomes he has in the armory and askes "which tomes are permitted for use?" as edrick thinkes of some tomes he has which could cause some fataldamage to those who are not skillful

19.jpg

#32 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

"Anyone with tomes at the armory will have to come to the armory with me after class. Then each tome under the students' possession will be inspected before usage on the training grounds" announced Gomeisa, before the class outlines and contents were given out. It appears that the tallest students are at both ends of the classroom, and the shortest in the middle, creating a cutaway diagram that looks like a loose rope fastened at two poles with identical heights.

#33 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

(inspecting the tomes?) edrick thinks. i have some that probably the only person that could read in the slightest other than him was the ancient magicks teacher. he then thinks (i will only show the basic tomes i have.) and he starts to listen to the teacher talk about magic saftey

19.jpg

#34 Xiaoshan

Xiaoshan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Jutudiel started calculating how much kudzu she would need to make the entire enterprise of getting the student body taller in a semester's time, and how much she can sell potions for. "Let's see. If vulneraries can be sold 100 gold apiece, and they are usually sold in sets of 3, and kudzu being about 100 gold on the bushel, I'm going to need about two bushels a week just to supply the students. I'm going to need a cauldron big enough to be capable to brew the potion but small enough to be brought out of the castle on market days" she thought, while getting ready to deliver on her promise. She thus wrote a budgetary list of what she needed to get, as well as what she could earn with that plan, and what she could do with that money.

Revenue:

- Gigantification potion (2,120-3,790 gold/barrel)

Expenditures:

- Size 10 steel cauldron (1,120 gold)
- Kudzu (100 gold/bushel)
- Ground zincatite (6,000 gold/talent)

"So much for the clay or the ceramic pot; too expensive" she thought after budgeting her potion-making stuff. But a talent was a terribly heavy load; a talent of ground zincatite (about 71 pounds) would likely last the entire semester and then some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users