• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kentobu

kentobu
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

In addition to picking up disc golf, I have started training in MMA. I'm sure by now most of you should be at least semi familiar with the UFC and other MMA organizations. As of now, my main focus is on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai. I've got a great team down here called BodyQuest. So far, we're 20-3 this year in all of our fights. Anyone else here train this stuff or have any comments abotu the sport?
Yep. Dragon eggs. I'm building an army! Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Something something something brown pride... something something something offended. - Quetz

#2 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

I've met Forrest Griffin a few times. Dude is ugly as fuck, but really nice.

Other than that I care very little about the sport, tbh. I don't find it as entertaining as most fighting styles. Way too much grappling.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#3 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

I practice tae kwon do. personally though i think that tournament fighting is a waste of time. i was taught to defend myself on the street. but i have done pretty well in a couple of tournaments. second place in sparring and third in forms. the idiot who came in first only got there because he put a whole bunch of worthless flips and stuff like that in. if you tried crap like that in a real fight you'd get your ass handed to you

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#4 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

But it wasn't a real fight. Time and place for everything, including worthless flips.
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#5 kentobu

kentobu
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Yeah, if you tried flips on me you'd get owned. As I said, I'm mostly a BJJ base, so my focus is to get you to the ground, pound you in to the dirt, then break something.
Yep. Dragon eggs. I'm building an army! Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Something something something brown pride... something something something offended. - Quetz

#6 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

As I said, I'm mostly a BJ

Posted Image

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#7 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, if you tried flips on me you'd get owned. As I said, I'm mostly a BJJ base, so my focus is to get you to the ground, pound you in to the dirt, then break something.

this my father's style of tae kwon do borrows from other styles judo and jujitsu included. i fight much better from the ground where i don't need contact fighting. i'm rather adept at throws and grabs. but i can hold my own if somebody refuses to get close enough to do something like that

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)