33 replies to this topic

#1 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Alright so I got an RP idea in mind that I'd like to fuck around with. Takes place in a zombie apocalypse situation. There will be SLIGHT stat-based elements, mainly involving inventory, ammunition, etc. Environments will have random weapons, etc. I haven't yet fully devised the accuracy system and whatnot, but RNG will of course be heavily involved. Expect it to be somewhat challenging, but very easy to play. I like games to be simple.

You won't have to write a whole lot in order to play, mainly you'll just be describing what you want your character to do, but I definitely encourage writing some fun dialogue during the game in character.

If you're interested, post a quick character idea here. Below is a template (with explanations in parentheses)

Name: (Your Name, lol)
Description: (Just have fun with this and flesh em out a little)

Starting Weapon: (This is subject to approval. Consider this a guideline: weapons easy and readily available to civilians only. can be a firearm or a melee weapon, but if you select a firearm be aware that the amount of ammo I give you to start is totally out of your control)

(One of the following stats should have a value of 3, another 2, and another 1. your choice which is which. The higher the number the better obviously.)
Strength: (higher strength allows you to carry more and deal better melee damage)
Intelligence: (higher intelligence bestows better chances of avoiding damage, and increased loot when searching)
Gun Skill: (higher gun skill allows better accuracy and allows use of a wider range of firearms)

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#2 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Name: Leif
Description: 5'11" of mix'd heritage. Long dark brown hair with tints of red normally hung loose unless wearing a hat/helmet, then he folds it into the headgear. Eyes are a mix'd green grey color untill you get right in his face where you can see more variation. A scar on his left cheek that if you ask about he'll tell a different story each time. Wider then average shoulders, heavy set at around 230 lbs.

Starting Weapon: Farming hoe, you always gotta go for the hoe. Triangular head.
Posted ImageI have one of these at my house. Easy access. Not as new as this picture obviously with a padded grip.

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 3
Gun Skill: 1
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#3 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Name: Syrus Grayflint.
Description: young male, wears a Visor beanie and a black hoodie. Has Mid-long brown hair that curls up near the edges. Has a ferret named Clint who stays by his side, or on his shoulders more accurately.

Starting Weapon: Posted Image baseball bat, i just wanted to brag about having a short sword and a switchblade lol.

Strength: 1
Intelligence: 3
Gun Skill: 2
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#4 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

lol that aint just a bat, son, that's a louisville slugger!

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#5 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Name: Elliott

Description: 5'9, Caucasian. Averagely built, with short cut brown hair. Blue eyes. Wears a blue long sleeved shirt with a white tee underneath, dark blue jeans and Chuck Taylor's.

Starting Weapon: http://images.lowes....625020574lg.jpg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 2

Edit: Wow, MC ninja'd me and picked the exact same weapon.
Posted Image

#6 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

See I think that this would be much more fun if it were text based. :/

But perhaps I'll make a character profile sometime soon.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#7 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

you can do whatever text stuff you want in the story, but for certain combat-related things and what-have-you, stats and accuracy, etc will be utilized to make it so characters can die and stuff.

#8 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

And come back as a zombie to kill the living?
Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#9 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

nope. in the rules i've written so far, you lose control of your characters if they die and become a zombie. that way we avoid people deciding to keep playing after becoming a zombie and not kill the other players.

#10 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Name: Tam
Description: 6'2, Muscled, short blond hair and brown eyes. He wears black suit pants with a button-up grey plaid shirt shirt, not tucked into his pants, with a casual black tie and flipflops. In other words, looks like an awkward mix between casual and formal.

Starting Weapon: A rusty length of steel pipe, a little longer than two feet.

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 2

send help

#11 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

i am noticing how you guys are all starting with melee weapons, but what you might not know is they have a chance of breaking with every strike ;)

that way melee weapons dont have a huge advantage over firearms.

#12 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

i am noticing how you guys are all starting with melee weapons, but what you might not know is they have a chance of breaking with every strike ;)

that way melee weapons dont have a huge advantage over firearms.

To be honest I just wanted to play a guy who beats the shit out of zombies.

send help

#13 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Posted Image

Name: Joe Bomb
Theme: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Knb0_6OIohY
Bio: You don't call him Joe, and you don't call him Bomb. You call him Joe Bomb. Nobody knows where Joe Bomb came from. Nobody knows where Joe Bomb's going. But he saw this whole goddamn thing coming, and by god, after he finishes this sandwich, he's going to run their asses over.
Joe Bomb is a Trucker, with a capital T. He knows that you gotta be careful in a world like this. They'll goddamn eat you alive.

Str: 1
Int: 2
Gun: 3

Starting weapon: Lady Jane (shotgun). And he's looking for his truck. Some bastard took it.

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#14 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

now thats a character i can feel.

#15 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Will Join, I have an idea and will update when im not in a draft selection in lol :P

This is great. cant wait to start.

Name: Kayle
Description: 5'7", short dark blond hair, skinny, can run for days. Mostly silent, very observant.

Str:1
Int:2
Gun:3

Weapon, Good Ole' Bessie (rifle) with a slight scope, trusted hunting rifle.

Edited by Scuiriot, 09 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#16 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

well if it interests you guys, ill post here the notes i have on how i think it should be played so far. warn you though, they may be somewhat unorganized and weird.

effect of gun skill on firearms useable:

gun skill level 1 allows: pistols
gun skill level 2 allows: pistols, rifles, shotguns
gun skill level 3 allows: pistols, rifles, shotguns, fully automatic guns

effect of intelligence on loot finding:

intelligence level 1: will only find any basic loot rolled from a searchable location.
intelligence level 2: will find an extra 20% ammo in any location that yields it (rounded up)
intelligence level 3: will find 50% extra ammo in the above circumstance, plus a bonus loot.

effect of strength on inventory:

strength level 1 can carry 1 melee weapon, 1 firearm, 3 small objects and infinite ammo.
strength level 2 can carry 1 melee weapon, 1 firearm, 1 bonus melee or firearm, 1 medium object, 4 small objects, and infinite ammo.
strength level 3 can carry 2 each of melee and firearms, 2 medium objects, 4 small objects, and infinite ammo.

weapon stats: weapons have a base damage which is affected by your strength - simply put, each point of strength adds 1 to a melee weapon's damage. all melee weapons have a "break" stats and all firearms have a "jam" stat. chances of a melee weapon breaking are much higher than a firearm jamming, but when a firearm jams on a shoot attempt, the chances of a jam on the next turn are doubled (This resets to the original value when combat ends). Each point of "gun skill" increases the base accuracy of a weapon by 5%. Melee weapons do not have an accuracy stat, as melee attacks are always accurate, but more dangerous. To determine a weapon's stat, you have to examine it. You CAN use a weapon without examining its stats though, if you're in a hurry. Examining will take up a turn. An example of two weapons and their stats:

Old Pistol-Grip Shotgun: ACC 50%, Jam 5%, Damage 10, Ammo: Shells
Lead Pipe: Damage 6, Break 20%

Combat and Firearms vs. Melee:
In combat, both firearms and melee weapons are valuable tools. Firearms have immense power and can kill zombies very rapidly, but are limited in ammunition and affected by accuracy. Melee weapons usually do less damage, but are guaranteed to strike. Unfortunately, closing in on a zombie to strike in melee will allow the zombie to attack you on the next turn if it survives. If you use a firearm on a zombie or do not attack it at all, it must spend a turn approaching you before it can attack.

Zombie combat:
If a zombie manages to attack you, there are rolls to determine its success. Bear in mind these general percentages: A zombie's chances of biting (and killing) you are 30% (each point of INT reduces this by 5%). If you are bitten, you will persist for 1-3 turns by dice roll after which point you will become a zombie unless executed first. You maintain your free will during this time. Apart from that 30% chance, a zombie also has a 5% chance to overwhelm you, killing you instantly. If this occurs, other zombies in the area has a 50% chance of joining the feast, wasting their next turn. If a player becomes a zombie they do NOT continue to play as a zombie - but the zombie now is not required to approach any player to attack them, assuming it survives long enough to have a turn. This is a result of the zombie already being in the midst of the players' group. Some zombies in an area may be described as "distant". They are not attackable with melee weapons, and after 1 turn will be closer. After that they can approach as normal. "Distant" zombies can be attacked by firearms at half accuracy.

Freedom of Choice:
I will not restrict players from doing whatever they want to do. If players somehow get into some kind of disagreement and become violent towards one another, I will allow it and roll combat. Players are NOT, however, given advance notice of their chances of success - I consider this a bit more realistic, and will tell you that I will choose the odds based on what I think would be the odds of success in the given situation. For instance, a sneak attack will have very high odds, a blatant attack in the middle of an argument would have lower odds. An intelligent player would be harder to succeed against, etc.

Basic overview of what can be done on a turn:
Basically, you can do anything you want, but these are the typical moves. Atypical moves are almost entirely up to the whim of the DM (me) as far as success goes.

Attack (Target) with (Weapon) - pretty self explanatory.
Search (searchable area) - looks for loot in a likely spot. these are listed for you when the group enters an area.
Examine (item in inventory) - you'll be given the statistical details of the weapon, or a description of the item.
Give (item in inventory) to (player) - gives the item to another player, if they can hold it.
Back away - this nullifies the "approach" effect that a zombie has on you. Zombies approach a particular player, not all players (the only exception is a player turned zombie, which is considered close to every player until it dies). If the player "backs away" the zombie must approach again - even if it has already attacked. Back away has a 25% chance of failing.

It should also be remembered that a player can do up to two (2) things on a given turn, but attacking in any way or searching ends the turn. Therefore, you cannot attack and THEN back away, but you can back away and THEN shoot your gun. You could examine an item in your inventory and then search a location, but you cannot search and then attack or attack and then search.

All of this describes a combat scenario. There will be other scenarios where the group is discussing something or going somewhere, etc.

#17 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Someone better tell me if they find my friggin' truck.

#18 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

uh it's in the alley where those two chinese gangs are about to have a fight

edit: shit i forgot you dont even know who kurt russell IS

#19 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

no, no, I know him

I loved him in The Breakfast Club

#20 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

watch Big Trouble in Little China already, toku.

who's side are you on, son? how about getting with the program? why don't you jump on the team and come in for the big win?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 16 user(s)