• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well I'm voting for Darknight because he was siding wit the werewolf so that makes him suspect number 1 in my mind.

19.jpg

#42 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Yep, lynch DarkNight. Very poor strategising.

#43 Rathe

Rathe
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Lone Hero. BACK OFF OF MY DAD GUYS

Posted Image

#44 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

The Knight of Darkness much perish, Along with the curse of the night over this town.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#45 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Lone Hero. BACK OFF OF MY DAD GUYS

Your dad's a werewolf. And why would you vote for Lone Hero? Catman tried to have him killed. Voting to lynch your fellow werewolf would be suicidal - even catman wouldn't risk a bluff like that. It's something that you can do in the first round if you're sure that your vote won't have any effect, but not when there's a real chance that you could end up lynching your partner. Logic should tell you that he clearly isn't a werewolf. If you aren't going to go with the obvious choice, at least choose someone that isn't almost certainly innocent.

These games would be a lot funner if people actually thought through their decisions and came up with proper strategies. 

#46 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Eh, I remembered why I never play this game I suck at it and I did try to consider the options at least. There's no point, Rathe, take care of the butchery for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

That comment was probably a bit harsh, but it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. But at the moment, the games are just running like games of chance... things like: "oh, I'll just randomly pick someone to lynch and hope that they're evil" (though you have no choice but to do this in the first round)... "oh, yeah, everyone's voting for erif, I'll just do it as well".

It's more difficult for the evil guys to come up with a good strategy, but both picking to lynch the same person with very suspicious reasoning like you did in Round 2 is suicide. In a game like this, it should be a lot more difficult for the evil team to win than the innocent team.

#48 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Im all for being strategic, but really theres not much point to it in games like this. Dave, there arent any clues to follow during the first 2-3 turns, and by then its probably late to turn things around sometimes. So I tend to just play for the shiggles.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#49 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Im all for being strategic, but really theres not much point to it in games like this. Dave, there arent any clues to follow during the first 2-3 turns, and by then its probably late to turn things around sometimes. So I tend to just play for the shiggles.

...mafia is a game that is DESIGNED for strategic thinking. That's what it's supposed to be all about. The first day is all about luck from a lynching and cop investigation perspective, but from then on the clues will pile up (that first mafia kill needs to be thought through very carefully, and your reaction to it on the second day should also be thought through carefully, depending on which way you want to play it).

#50 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Its more deductive than strategic... and still its random guesses at the begining as you said.
Im probably wrong though, Ive only ever played this like 3 times.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#51 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Deduction is part of it for the townies, of course, but that doesn't make the game any less strategic. And the townies should still play strategically - you want to make sure that you aren't accused and lynched, but should try to find a way to lure a mafia member into revealing themselves. If you think you've found someone else that you're sure is on your side, work with them to try to outsmart a mafia member. It's certainly possible.

Those random guesses at the beginning refer to the townies and the cop - the mafia should be planning their strategy from the start. You should carefully select who you "guess" to lynch, and follow up with a kill that night that complements that strategy. From then on, it's deflect deflect deflect, and trying to confuse the townies with as much misinformation as possible.

#52 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

it was a fun one though~

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#53 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Your dad's a werewolf. And why would you vote for Lone Hero? Catman tried to have him killed. Voting to lynch your fellow werewolf would be suicidal - even catman wouldn't risk a bluff like that. It's something that you can do in the first round if you're sure that your vote won't have any effect, but not when there's a real chance that you could end up lynching your partner.

Well at least you remember some of the things we learned back in our mob days Dave.

Though he could be thinking, its catman he doesn't make sense.  Thats a normal assumption for some reason.

Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#54 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Actually if you read the descriptions catman, Myz was a good choice because you could've turn blame back on Dave and framed him for killing of children since in Dave's description was that he wasn't liked by the children, I should've used my trump card earlier and killed rathe (no offense but it was the only other way I could think of other than sexstix and keep any relation for it. Although killing dave would've been another though, but I didn't want to kill any who were being accused at the time)

I also never voted with Catman. Catman went after someone else, Lone wasn't even targeted until the second round.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 Rathe

Rathe
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

this.

Posted Image

#56 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

There are ALWAYS clues if you actually look for them.

19.jpg

#57 Dr. Sexstix

Dr. Sexstix
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

this is the worst fucking funeral ever 

tumblr_m155ax8LdA1qe7736o1_r2_500.gif

#58 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

ill brought dessert wine

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users