33 replies to this topic

#1 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Well, we had a momentary comeback during which a good number of members were consistently active all day for a few days, and even decently active for a week or so, but then slowly fell back again. Frankly, the amount of activity we had during that time was entirely due to a relatively small number of members, and I can't thank them enough for putting so much time into FEEF. At this point though, it seems to me that what we need more than anything is more members. With so few people here, we run out of shit to say to each other.

But I wanna know: what do you guys think we need? Not only do we have to figure out the problem, we have to figure out how to solve it. And if you agree that our dwindling number of members is the problem... how do we fix it? We miss the people from FEEF's golden days, but we can't just expect them to come back. The way I see it, we need a large influx of new members at once so that the pressure isn't on a small number of people to create topics and respond to them. Our plan before was to get activity up with who's here and send an email to all registered members to please consider coming back and checking us out. That didn't work - we got maybe one or two people to come back and say hi, and then leave again. 

I'd really like to hear suggestions on this. What can we do? Should we freshen things up somehow? Reorganize the forums? Expand them for a wider range of topics? Do we need more interactive content, like RPs, competitions, and games? A stronger tie-in with the main site and content?

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#2 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

I kinda figured with Awakening's release we'd see more members come in.  Guess not :I

The main site in general needs some serious work.  I haven't really checked, but does our Game Guides tab even serve a purpose?  Do we HAVE any guides made?

Edit:  Ah, I see we do.  I'll make a FE12 guide since I'm one of the few people here (maybe the only person) to complete it.

Posted Image

#3 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'd hope I'm the last to do any self-horn-tootin', but Fatal Paradise got maybe 20 newcomers investigating the forum on the sole virtue of its nature as a forum game stat rpg - and even FP was a paceless disaster. Going to announce the new thing any day now, and I'm hoping it'll hold some broad appeal in addition to giving regulars a fun thing to do - with any luck, the same recipe with reliable activity might draw newdoods and strangerfolk.

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#4 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

well i mean that's good and all, and i don't mean to belittle it in any way - but i'm not seeing those people around. people come and check out the forum all the time, what we need is to get them to stay.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#5 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, because the past game didn't work and was slow. That's why I made the distinction in the last sentence.

#6 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

if we can get people to participate in some competitions it may peak some interest. but i stress getting people to participate, you can make all you want but they won't get anywhere unless they draw attention to themselves so maybe something...different from other competitions out there

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#7 fuzz94

fuzz94

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Alrighty.

1. Sprite Competitions. Map, Splice, FC with a theme, Battle. All of them. Even if it's only 2 or 3 people each time, just do it anyway. Eventually people will join in and it increases activity.

2. Consider some sort of Chatroom-esque feature. It's much more effective than a shoutbox so it would also increase activity.

3. ROM Hacking. ROM hacking has a huge pull on people, every Fire Emblem site that was popular started off with ROM Hacking, and ended when ROM Hackers left. If you have one or two very well done projects here that people like, you'll get more of a draw to the site and such. ROM Hacking Resources would also be helpful.

#8 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

we've done IRC channels before and other forms of shoutbocks. doesnt work if we dont have enough people interested. 

ive considered doing another fire emblem hack every once in a while, but it's been a long time and i'd have to relearn a lot. 

#9 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

I liked the collabrative sprite fic project we all did for a while.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

The group LP was fun.

#11 fuzz94

fuzz94

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

I noticed you guys HAD a forum hack at one point. IF you do go back to making a hack to attract attention here, don't go with a forum project, but rather get a team of 5 people to work on it. Most Forum Projects die quickly because people argue over stats and classes too much lol.

#12 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

make a hurt and heal and let everyone warp the names until nobody knows who is who

#13 pwnagekirby

pwnagekirby
    Veteran
  • *sigh*

• Veterans
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Do something unique that you can say only exists on this forum. Think about what the competition has: there's no way you can compete with SF in sheer numbers, so you'll need to get creative. And I don't mean in forum games or anything. Not that I discourage HnH or those threads, but you shouldn't rely on them unless they're totally unique. I see a few things here that're close to the right track, but maybe if you could figure out some unique execution, that would help set you apart. This kinda goes without saying, but definitely focus on community (but this doesn't mean you need to make it as inviting as possible to as many people as possible! Find a niche and focus on it is what I say.)

As for how exactly you'd do that, well, I'm afraid I can't help much there--otherwise it wouldn't really be original, now would it?

That's quite good!

:D

#14 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Wellllllll

I would love to add a voiced EMPIRE to Youtube, and additionally would gladly work with some of FEEF's greatest minds to make a new fully voiced Spritefic of whatever.

I also want to make the Voice acting competitions a more common thing round these parts, something monthly.

I know spriting is dying out sorta, so we gatta look at da big pikcha Bill.

Anarchy Virus could be the cure to our problem too, I know there are members that left, who would love to take part in it so um, spread the word maybe?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#15 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

yeah, we should probs mention it on the faecbook paeg.

#16 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I was going to last night. But telling me to improvise on stuff may just make things too colorful. *ominous flatulence*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#17 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

You know what we had that I thought made us stand out for a bit? The forum guild idea.. it tied alot of our story and mythos together

now instead of being themed guilds we are just a mass of people again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Grand Sage

Grand Sage
    Veteran
  • �� Original Resident BAMF��

• Veterans
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Make a FEE tumblr and post a ton of FE news and stuff since everyone and their mother has a tumblr these days. Then you can advertise the **** out of the forums. That's pretty much what AbyssalChronicles does to attract people to their site.

#19 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaage! -glomp- :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Naya

Naya