#1 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fl11.jpg

The end has come. Columns of fire rain from the sky, or spurt from the ground. The world is charred and blackened. Demons run rampant. The only salvation; an armada of colossal creatures gathering around the edges of the country; with ferries visibly moving survivors and refugees upwards to safety.

You have been making your way towards the closest visible concentration of these safety platforms, a stream of them steadily flowing between a colossal creature and the scorched coast. As you crest the tallest mountain, however, it hits you; a veritable sea of hellspawn and monsters between you and your rescuers. It would be impossible to wade through them and reach sanctuary alive. However, a force of strange figures, armored and cloaked, is pushing them from the other side - gradually making their way towards you.

Nearby, however, lies a good base of operations; a sturdy building you can hole up in. You have no idea how long the fleet of colossal creatures will remain, but the rescuing force is gradually making its way towards your position. More and more citizens are gathering at your position each hour, forced by circumstance and in the same position you are.

During the day, the massed forces are locked in savage combat against the foreigners from the sky. During the night, you've seen their forces split, driven into some mad rage - and giving the defenders a chance to push forward towards you, though the remainder demons will likely set their eyes on your position. Given the patterns of the attacks, you are able to observe that the more people are outside and unguarded, the greater the hellspawn's nightly assault - but if all of you remain inside the building, it will likely be razed. If a small protecting force can hold off the demons long enough, and withstand the barrage until your mysterious rescuers arrive, then you may yet survive the country's death...

--

A prequel (or a Survival Mode) of sorts to my long-running D&D campaign Flock, in which a small group of survivors must outlast the waves of diabolical attackers in the final days of a Martyrial country's evacuation. Primarily combat-based.

180px-Vanius_Flag.png

GAME 1: Vanius

BATTLEGROUND: The Piraña Estate

STARTING LEVEL: 3

CHARACTERS: 3

PLAYERS:

Hera

NP

Jupies

Rentok

Altara

Andymcmuffin

Nocturne

POTENTIAL PLAYERS:

browneyedrecluse

GAME 2: [TAKING VOTES ON NEXT COUNTRY]

CONFIRMED PLAYERS: Please list your 3 refugees below, with links to their sheets and/or wiki pages.

Skype spectators welcome. Be prepared for a lot of message notifications, though.

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#2 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Belthasar.png

Belthasar Stormborn: Aasimar Sorcerer

Calliana.png

Calliana Blacktree: Halfling Warblade, White Raven discipline

Torry.png

Toritsurugi: Human Warblade, Devoted Spirit discipline

Spoiler

Posted Image
A spritefic.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 晓秋月明

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Lynessa, Thalia, and Melira. Planetouched crusader, archivist, and druid respectively.

(Yes MtG names sue me)

唱完一弯明月 洒西楼

花好月圆 情字老

落叶沙沙 晓秋月明

正月既望两断了情长

#4 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Can I join? -shiny animu eyes- plz

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sure. Something like this would be able to sustain more players than a full-blown campaign.

Review the lore - the wiki link in the intro post should provide most general info on Vanius, and if you need further information, feel free to ask - and get back to me when you have 3 characters, each at 3rd level. I'll review 'em, and we'll get you in the Skype conversation.

Most common Vanian races are given in the page breakdown, but you can choose as you please, given that other countries are evacuating through the area too. Also available on request: stats for the Durahan/Aosith (info also in the intropost links), if you want one of your characters to be an advance guard from the Flockborn forces.

#6 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

• Uber
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

2eey5n6.jpg
Ravauvial, Liekki, and David.

#7 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Steve, the shadowcaster. Possibly less than useless in a fight.

Sergeant Katherine Bright, the sole survivor of her squad. Slightly better than Steve at not ruining everything forever.

And 'Greg', engine of destruction made flesh. Becomes exponentially more terrifying as he approaches death.

Posted Image

#8 Jupies

Jupies
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Anthler Leeds, fist-fighter of the forest, struggling with the ghosts of his past.  Reaches a point of sheer fury where others unable to tell whether he's completely insane or completely in control.

Dynami Alora, cleric of the Unbreaking Chain, and a competent bowfighter.  Spreads tough love, emphasis on the love.

Aaand finally Emi 'Hanabi' Asahina, the 'exotic dancer' of the Carnivale, and some weird hybrid of warlock and ninja who makes herself dangerous by jumping from shadow to shadow.

Ash: I didn't know Vikings still existed..
Brock: They mostly live in Minnesota!

#9 Hera

Hera

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

INTRODUCING:

1. Sophie Crafer: A citizen of Dalven with unusual priorities. Known for questioning hapless souls around her. Codename--SOCRATES: POLICEWOMAN. Wiki page.
2. XT: A warforged who bears oddly light body plate, with many mechanisms exposed. Turns caustic when his reasoning is challenged. Codename--THE DECONSTRUCTED. Wiki page.
3. Kaela Zhadi: A nomad from an arid climate whose flying carpet has been ruined by flame. She paints with the colors of the wind. Codename--JINN. Wiki page to come at a later date.

#10 the lone hero

the lone hero
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Are there any certain books that are not allowed or are they all allowed?

19.jpg

#11 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Generally anything's okay. Link your sources, and if I gatta problem I'll tell you.

#12 XRunemasterX

XRunemasterX

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Warlock

PHB

Complete arcane

Races of destiny

Scout

PHB

Races of destiny

Complete adventure

Complete scoundrel

Tomb of magic

Barbarian

PHB

il get the name of the book for the race of this one in a few days, cant remember the name, iv used the race before tho and its from a wizards of the cost book

#13 XRunemasterX

XRunemasterX

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Warlock

PHB

Complete arcane

Races of destiny

Scout

PHB

Races of destiny

Complete adventure

Complete scoundrel

Tomb of magic

Barbarian

PHB

il get the name of the book for the race of this one in a few days, cant remember the name, iv used the race before tho and its from a wizards of the cost book

^ book is Savage spicies

#14 XRunemasterX

XRunemasterX

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Warlock

PHB

Complete arcane

Races of destiny

Scout

PHB

Races of destiny

Complete adventure

Complete scoundrel

Tomb of magic

Barbarian

PHB

Savage Species

#15 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

XRunesmaster there is a button called edit that is in the bottom right of your post after you make it. Try not to do double/triple consecutive posts, it's against rules.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Toku

Toku
    Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Warlock

PHB

Complete arcane

Races of destiny

Scout

PHB

Races of destiny

Complete adventure

Complete scoundrel

Tomb of magic

Barbarian

PHB

Savage Species

...Can you roleplay? For outsiders, I may have to administer an RP/literacy test...

#17 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Seconded. I'm also interested in knowing how the ANTHROPOMORPHIC ELEPHANT barbarian has 108 HP at 3rd level.  :mellow:

Posted Image
A spritefic.

#18 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 晓秋月明

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I think adherence to the fundamental rules of D&D would be really good. Just a useful piece of advice.

唱完一弯明月 洒西楼

花好月圆 情字老

落叶沙沙 晓秋月明

正月既望两断了情长

#19 Skitt

Skitt

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

ovyVF6C.png

Saul Vintus: Human Inquisitor

Xc5Z039.png and  SIfB9sD.png

Mathieu Abelin: Human Cavalier, with his trusty steed Lucibelle.

qlXjHIv.png

Orn: Minotaur Barbarian and humble shopkeeper.

#20 XRunemasterX

XRunemasterX

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

sorry, first 2 posts didnt register at first and about the HP take a look at the hit dice -.- plus its a barbarian = high health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users