Jump to content

Photo

CHAPTER 2b - Bottle of Rum


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Epoch_Win

Epoch_Win
  • Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard place

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Having finally recovered from his seasickness, Teion set out upon the town looking for something to refill his now empty stomach. As he searched, he heard a commotion from a nearby tavern and, looking inside, saw what appeared to be a monstrous heap of muscle that would have been bearing down upon a fairly small young man, if not for the sword of an even smaller maiden poking him in the gut. He proceeded to lean against the door frame , lazily manipulating an almost black, pulsating ball of energy in one hand.

"I'd say there's a bit much for you to chew on your plate at the moment, big guy. Might want to rethink where that limb's going," as he gestured toward the giant hunk of pointy metal he likely calls a sword as well as the meat-hook near it. "Would be quite a shame if you suddenly found yourself......" He cracked a small grin as he kicked himself inside for the pun, "needing a hand.with things." The orb then began to crackle menacingly, sparking between different points on it's surface as if it were aching to break loose and demolish everything it could.


Try out League of Legends!

http://signup.league...17ea79946284253

 

19.jpg

 


#22 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Location:255.255.255.255.256

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

"Did they hire you because of or in spite of what a violent woman you are?" The healer mumbles, making his way towards the tavern. Most of the time, you could ignore whatever commotion's happening in the tavern. Sometimes, you'd be able to watch the free show. Rarely, though, you get dragged into the tavern-wide brawl. Davis was not looking forward to this last possibility.


Posted Image

#23 Kuraio

Kuraio
  • Member

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

Kuraio steps off of the ship and calls for Keikoni to swoop down and pick him up. He mounts his trusty Wyvern and flies off just barely over the buildings, landing outside a tavern with a commotion gathering inside. He steps through the door and hears Teion make the worst pun he had ever heard in his life. 

Deciding that he couldn't even attempt to out-pun his friend, he just looks at Teion and says, 'Really... I... That pun made me as sick as the sea made you...' Kuraio being quite famished decided he was going to try and push past the commotion in order to get some nourishment.


tumblr_mjmnyv8lPC1rk2b7to1_100.gif


#24 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • Location:Yes

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

"Did they hire you because of or in spite of what a violent woman you are?"

"Yes," Eliza replies flatly, one hand on her sword as she shoulders the tavern door open.


Posted Image
A spritefic.

#25 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • angstwrangler

  • Administrators
  • 1,899 posts
  • Location:corners

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

"What in the -" Narrowing his eyes at the sudden appearance of all the newcomers, the blond man scowls, hand drifting away from his blade as he takes an uncertain step back. "Don' tell me these are all your friends, y'crazy whelp -" A light dawns, and a slow grin crosses his face. "Or maybe... it looks like our ship has, heheh, just come in." He slams his fist on the counter as he backs up, snarling. "Int' position, boyos! Bar the exits, grab yer steel - it's time to strike it rich!" His eyes fall on Reina, and he looks momentarily baffled, shouting as an afterthought. "...the girl's prob'ly one'o them! If ye have to kill 'em, kill 'em, but keep anyone we c'n ransom!"

 

With that, he bolts out of a side door behind the tavern's counter - the bartender having long since taken cover. All across the town, ruffians and savage-looking warriors fill the streets, their eyes on the small ship that's just entered into port...



#26 Epoch_Win

Epoch_Win
  • Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard place

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

"Alright, everyone!" Teion shouts; "Fall back and form up! Let's put down these rabid dogs!" He then quickly, and with somewhat of a spring in his step, retreats out the door, joining the remainder of the group. "This.... Is gonna be fun," he states menacingly, cracking his knuckles.

Try out League of Legends!

http://signup.league...17ea79946284253

 

19.jpg

 


#27 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

  • Uber
  • 2,557 posts
  • Location:Earth. No, really.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Alandra and Tempest, upon seeing the streets fill with ruffians, quickly put the sun to their backs, and look for an isolated place to set down, where they will be out of reach of the weapons of the savages. Waiting to see if these are indeed enemies, and looking to be in a position to flank them and strike unexpectedly if they turn out to be hostile. She keeps an especially wary eye out for archers.



#28 Andmcmuffin2

Andmcmuffin2
  • Certainly not a Veteran

  • Members
  • 588 posts
  • Location:255.255.255.255.256

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

The priest groans as the streets fill with armed ruffians, resting his chin on his staff. "I'm not getting that drink, am I?" He looked about, trying to count how many swords were going to be pointing his direction in a moment's time. Five? Ten? Fifteen? More than he'd like. Unfortunately, it didn't look like there was much of a chance of just walking away from this one. To compensate, he started shifting to put the officer between him and as many enemies as possible. Just as a precaution.


Posted Image

#29 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • Location:Yes

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

As Davis huddles up behind Eliza, she rolls her eyes. "You are positively spineless, you know that?" Her hand stays firmly on her sword as her eyes dart back and forth across the tavern, counting, a look of consternation crossing her face as she picks up the movement outside.

 

Gathering the situation, she shoulders her way in front of Reina, sighing."You alright, kid?"


Posted Image
A spritefic.

#30 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

  • Uber
  • 2,876 posts
  • Location:The Breadbasket of Canada

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Before she knows it, the tavern is soon filled with more people, more shouting, more... confusion. Not that she doesn't mind the back up; far from it, actually. She appreciates the help. It's just that she has absolutely no idea what was going on anymore. What happened to the bar fight? The sudden clanging of steel? She supposed she could wait it out a little longer, but still...

 

With the sudden turn of events, the bewilderment is evident in Reina's eyes, sword hand frozen in place even as Eliza speaks to her. "Wh... Wait, what? One of who? What?"


I missed this sig.


Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#31 shrub

shrub
  • Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Location:Ontario

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

"You alright, kid?"

 

Atlas turned to the voice to see that its source was a fully armored and equipped cavalier, her posture standing straight with distinction. In simultaneous disorientation and relief, he surveyed the area and found that there was a sizable group of armed personnel surrounding him. The formerly grim archer questioned his lucidity due to the miraculous appearance of apparent allies that might prevent his unneeded death. He also felt undeserving of such a godsend; but hell, he'll take it.

 

"I presume you folks are allies of Reina here?"

 

(My writing is too wordy, I gotta work on that...)


wariotime_small.png
 

#32 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

  • Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

ok lets go

#33 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

  • Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

AV2b1_zps6e6ed18a.png

http://www.calc.fire...om/game.php?g=4

Anarchic Archer HP:16/16 lvl2.0 16 2 4 6 1 3 1 11
Anarchic Mage HP:16/16 lvl2.0 16 3 3 4 2 0 2 11
Anarchic Bandit HP:28/22 lvl2.0 22 1 2 4 0 3 1 13
Anarchic Mercenary HP:19/17 lvl2.0 17 2 5 4 0 2 2 11

Fish symbols are forests.

#34 Epoch_Win

Epoch_Win
  • Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard place

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Woooo! Maps exist!

 

Moved up 5.


Try out League of Legends!

http://signup.league...17ea79946284253

 

19.jpg

 


#35 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • Location:Yes

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

"Something like that," Eliza replies flatly, drawing her sword and allowing herself an un-policewoman-like grin -- Yeah, this'll do for a fight, it broadcasts. She gives Davis a reassuring pat on the way past.

 

(Moving and equipping Iron Sword; reflected on Roll20).


Posted Image
A spritefic.

#36 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

  • Veterans
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Anyone can move for anyone. Move the whole team up if you like.

#37 Rentok

Rentok
    Uber
  • Genius, but Insane

  • Uber
  • 2,557 posts
  • Location:Earth. No, really.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

(Oh wow, it'd been so long I actually forgot to keep checking this.) Alandra pats Tempest on the neck and takes to the skies, moving up above the buildings and keeping pace with her allies.








0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users