Fire Emblem fire emblem mmo fan game free to play

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 auris331

auris331

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Aurimas, I'm a young programmer who enjoys fire emblem games a lot, so I decided to make a little fire emblem multiplayer game, in which you could fight other players or monsters. I have some very basic stuff put together already(I'll post a screenshot of this basic stuff down below).

When a new player comes, he'll be able to choose one out of three(More in the future) classes(Pupil, Journeyman, Recruit) and will be given an iron weapon for the start.

I want this game to be enjoyable, so I need your help and support. I've failed to find the lvl 1 stats of the journeyman and recruit classes, so if you know those, that would be handy. 

The game will be based off FE8 The Sacred Stones.

Here is the first screenshot of the game(Very basic, the terrain looks awful at the moment, working on improving it)

02f84ac7a5046d4b3b00e0ab40301bbc.png

The topic will be updated as development progresses.

#2 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I could help with making the stats system "your own".

I can also help with other things as I've helped make and run private servers of different 2d isometric mmos started by a friend of mine.

jHfsg7C.gif

#3 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just a suggestion, you might want to use mappy or some such program to make your own maps as well as sampling from the game. Aside from that I'd be happy to make mugs for this whenever you're ready for them

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#4 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

A quick lookup for that information you wanted got me some of the relevant info at the Fire Emblem Wiki - however, I do not know what their references are, so I can't verify it. A link to the page for the "pupil" class: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Pupil

Unfortunately, the Journeyman and Recruit classes don't have the base stats info there. 

However, ANOTHER fire emblem wiki offers it: 

http://fireemblemwik...ruit#Base_stats

http://fireemblemwik...yman#Base_stats

http://fireemblemwik...upil#Base_stats

Note that the "base stats" provided by the second source for the pupil are different from those provided from the first source. I believe the reason for this is that Fire Emblem games usually have "base stats" for both classes AND characters - generic enemy and ally units tend to just have the base stats for their class with automatic levelups provided, while playable characters add their class's base stats to some unique basic stats which give them a bit of an advantage and a start in the direction they go statistically as a character. I think that second resource is providing the information from the game data on the class's base stats, which are probably what you want. The first resource I think is taking Ewan's base stats into account even though the page itself is on his class. 

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#5 auris331

auris331

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for all the feedback everybody, I really appreciate it.

Just for your information, I'm using a byond game engine for this project, it's very simple, but powerful.

I have updated the map to look nicer.(Don't mind the broken <b>. Those will be fixed)

8eabf8943182ef1f73793958ae6cb903.png

Thanks to Yosh, all three trainee classes are now playable.

I still have some polishing to do, but the basic battling(With all the formulas and stuff) is done(Not really, the battle graphics aren't in yet, but those will have to wait a bit)

I could help with making the stats system "your own".

I can also help with other things as I've helped make and run private servers of different 2d isometric mmos started by a friend of mine.

A question, what do you mean by making the stats system my own?

Just a suggestion, you might want to use mappy or some such program to make your own maps as well as sampling from the game. Aside from that I'd be happy to make mugs for this whenever you're ready for them

Since I'm using a different game engine, I have to make the tiles to 32x32 rather than 16x16. It would be nice to receive your help with mugs when I'll need them.

The game should be ready for multiplayer tests(Only the battling, not fun yet though) but currently it isn't standalone and needs you to have a byond account(http://www.byond.com). But don't worry, it'll be standalone very soon.

P.S. The map is chapter 5 from FE:The Sacred Stones btw

Oh and btw, what do you think would be a proper punishment for death, since I don't think deleting the character would be nice :D

Edited by auris331, 31 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#6 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

since you have to use larger tiles can you also size the sprites up? they're a bit difficult to see imo...of course my eyesight is kinda crap lately so it could just be me. anyway, if you want to have any dialogue in this you'll need to find someone other than me to do frames for the mugs. can't do them right...ever

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#7 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I've balanced and rebalanced my friend's games, so what I mean is I could go in and change how stats end up: 

You want higher max stats? 

You want growths changed?

You enemies harder?

You want character's base stat and growths bases changed (so no character is useless in the long term)?

You want weapons have more stats and less weight, and stat-giving items do more?

You want the experience system evenly paced for a limited number of chapters, or a number of chapters more expansive than any FE game?

You want all of the above still balanced towards difficulty, while not breaking any characters? (however, the system to create this that you are using may not have the script editable or portions at that, which could prevent some or all of this - but if it is editable, I would just need some time to find the specific portions of script or have them pointed out to me and then I can try as much as you want)

I should be able to do all of this - in my friend's games I was in charge of creating new enemies, making new weapons, creating classes, changing base stats and number of stats allowed per level up, changing how many stat points in a stat equaled into how much HP or DAM etc, scaling the game for up to 250 player levels, and creating bosses that required different amounts of people or required certain classes to survive (boss does so much damage, they have to use a tank and a healer in their group OR boss is slow so it requires ranged attacks or it will kill anything, etc).

Note: anyone good at math, careful with changing script, and a sense for balance in games can do this (however, it is a time-taking process and annoying to make perfect but hey look a volunteer! ME!)

jHfsg7C.gif

#8 auris331

auris331

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

since you have to use larger tiles can you also size the sprites up? they're a bit difficult to see imo...of course my eyesight is kinda crap lately so it could just be me. anyway, if you want to have any dialogue in this you'll need to find someone other than me to do frames for the mugs. can't do them right...ever

The game sprites are already 32x32(Didn't have to change their size) I'll see what I can do to make them better though

#9 auris331

auris331

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I've balanced and rebalanced my friend's games, so what I mean is I could go in and change how stats end up: 

You want higher max stats? 

You want growths changed?

You enemies harder?

You want character's base stat and growths bases changed (so no character is useless in the long term)?

You want weapons have more stats and less weight, and stat-giving items do more?

You want the experience system evenly paced for a limited number of chapters, or a number of chapters more expansive than any FE game?

You want all of the above still balanced towards difficulty, while not breaking any characters? (however, the system to create this that you are using may not have the script editable or portions at that, which could prevent some or all of this - but if it is editable, I would just need some time to find the specific portions of script or have them pointed out to me and then I can try as much as you want)

I should be able to do all of this - in my friend's games I was in charge of creating new enemies, making new weapons, creating classes, changing base stats and number of stats allowed per level up, changing how many stat points in a stat equaled into how much HP or DAM etc, scaling the game for up to 250 player levels, and creating bosses that required different amounts of people or required certain classes to survive (boss does so much damage, they have to use a tank and a healer in their group OR boss is slow so it requires ranged attacks or it will kill anything, etc).

Note: anyone good at math, careful with changing script, and a sense for balance in games can do this (however, it is a time-taking process and annoying to make perfect but hey look a volunteer! ME!)

Am not sure if you are aware of this, but I started this game on my own, without taking any other content(Other than sprites and tilesets) This is coded from a blank page to what it currently is, although I might need your advice for some things later on.

Any people who volunteer to help should add me on skype klubas3 . :)

EDIT: And I actually thought about setting max level to 200.

#10 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Another cool thing I was thinking for a game that you could implement here is at the beginning generating "character stats" using a personality test,

and it could decrease/increase your stats based on your answers. So a hasty character would be faster, but would have less accuracy, and so forth and so

on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

^*cough* tactics ogre*cough*

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#12 auris331

auris331

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

since you have to use larger tiles can you also size the sprites up? they're a bit difficult to see imo...

d1e6123548e5216cb3a7dfef1fc520c3.png

Is this big enough? ;D

(I think this is too big lol)

#13 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well that matches what the original fire emblem format is so if that's what you were going for it works

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fire, Emblem, fire emblem, mmo, fan game, free to play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users