Photo

Neo Mixtape Contest 2: Aftershocks. Category: Rock.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Signups here. Rules:

1. The category is rock. Included music must fit at least vaguely into the "rock" category, including all subgenres. Glam rock, Arena rock, Opera rock, etc can all fit. Your mixtape can be a mix of any number of such subgenres of rock, or only any few as desired. 

2. For purposes of this contest, "rock" will include music starting no earlier than 1950 and up to 2000. Why? Because I'm running it and that's the theme I want. Go make your own. 

3. Length is specific: 5 songs. No song greater than 10 minutes in length. Therefore total length of mixtape must not exceed 50 minutes.

4. Anyone and everyone is invited to judge! If you are not participating but wish to judge, message me for details. You will be sent a copy of every entry when judging time arrives, but will not know which entry is which. After listening to them all, you will return a three-question survey with your votes. Based on the votes and survey results of all of the judges, I will post the winning entries.

5. Post here your declaration of joining or judging! I will send you appropriate information regardless. 

6. Entries may be self-edited into five-song single file if desired, or sent to me as 5 individual audio files which I will edit together. Acceptable formats: .mp3 .ogg (No .m4a or .wav or youtube links please) If we can't get something sent between us, we'll agree on exactly what track it is and by whom, and I will acquire it myself. 

7. Obviously this is meant to be a blind judge contest so don't list your mixtape's track list here or say that you're doing all Beatles or something dumb like that. 

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#2 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

10 minutes max? damn, that rules out Shine On You Crazy Diamond =(

something will be coming your way, eventually.

Will judge also as well.

#3 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

i'm down for this, i'll judge and put in an entry if i can remember to do something

Edit: would you consider a sub-genre of a sub-genre as rock?(for example some ska like reel big fish or streetlight manifesto)

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#4 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'll enter. When do I need to get my songs in by?

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#5 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Makes me want to finish the last one.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#6 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm gonna rule ska as eligible. It's roots are in jamaican music and has very little rock influence except in the later waves that aren't as fitting of the target time period, but I gotta say that it's somewhere under the gigantic rock umbrella. I don't wanna see a whole mixtape of ska though.

I am also joining and since all of the people joining want to be judges even though I said otherwise, I guess we'll allow people who join to judge. Remember your votes will be public, and I am banning you from voting for your own.So if you really still wanna judge AND join, be my guest.

Krevin: I'm gonna make a tentative due date of a week from now, Saturday the 16th. (Which coincidentally is Kaleido's wedding date, so I will likely be late getting shit together, am best man)

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#7 shrub

shrub
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

Down to participate and judge if I have the spare time.

Would you accept any grunge songs?

wariotime_small.png

#8 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

(Which coincidentally is Kaleido's wedding date, so I will likely be late getting shit together, am best man)

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#9 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Imma play by the rules and just be a Judge without entering.

giphy.gif

#10 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

where did you even say that competitors can't judge, Yosh? All I see is "everyone and anyone is invited to judge".

#11 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

because i... did... i thought i did.

#12 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

I figured that was just a rule of the universe.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#13 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well regardless, now competitors can vote. However, I'm wondering if my ban on voting for yourself is necessary...

#14 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I just figured that we're not gonna get enough different people interested in competing and voting

#15 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Very poss.

#16 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

which form of sending would be most convenient for you?

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#17 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

mm, personal messages are fine.

#18 shrub

shrub
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

I remembered the '1950 - 2000' rule just after completing my mixtape with two songs made after 2000 in it...

I'd still like to judge but I'm not entering... Don't feel like making another one lol.

wariotime_small.png

#19 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

SO ANYWAY

only zac actually sent me an entry and tbpfh i haven't bothered to make mine either. I was best man at Kaleido's wedding, what's your excuse? anyway, take a extra week or so. please, make entries. for god's sake, i'm begging you. do you want money? jewelry? girls? ...boys? just tell me what to do.

#20 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

How was K-scopes wedding anyway?

You should make a thread.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)