37 replies to this topic

#1 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

What is your favorite Band ever, spanning all genres and time periods.

Take some time to think about it, I still don't have a definitive answer myself.

giphy.gif

#2 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

You'd better get one, son. Let's see. I will say this beforehand - I can make a decision on this, but it is in no way permanent. My answer tomorrow might be different.

That having been said, and much as I'd like to be cooler, since I pretty much only listen on itunes and itunes tracks this shit... looks like The Smiths have got the proof.

2unugza.jpg

By the way, this pic makes me feel kinda naked :S Some of that shit on there is dumb, lol

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#3 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Holy crap Yosh, over 400 plays?

My most played song on iTunes only has 48 plays and it's a band I don't even like anymore.

I have to account for all my physical albums (of which there are far too many) plus going through three iPods and two phones (listened to music this way in between iPods) and two laptops. So I don't have a tallied account of how much I listen to any given group.

And what constitues "favorite?" Is it what I've been listening to longest (Three Days Grace, One-X is the album responsible for getting me into music in the first place) or what I have the best memories of listening to (Underoath, even though they've disbanded) or what?

Right now, it's a complete toss up between Underoath, Thrice, and August Burns Red.

Although, because 2/3 are disbanded, I guess I have to go with ABR.

giphy.gif

#4 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

Pretty easy: Porcupine Tree. They win in pretty much every way I could think of classifying "favourite".

#5 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

I guess Underoath is probably my favorite band overall. But still, most days I'll have some other band that I would pick over them, depending on my mood. Brand New might take the title too, or they're a close second.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#6 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

ayo Yosh likes Grimes aw yeah

As a single artist, my favorite is most likely Sufjan Stevens.  Tomorrow it'll probably be Elliott Smith, and it'll probably change the day after that.  I suck.  As for a band, fuck me, I dunno.

Posted Image

#7 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I have two bands that I consider my favorites and since they're of two different genres I have a hard time choosing which I've is my absolute favorite. taking back Sunday(a punk band) and awlonation(this one might not last as long as taking back Sunday though)

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#8 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

Ink Spots.

Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#9 shrub

shrub
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Currently? Most likely Slipknot, has been for a while. Their music is so varied and wonderfully written, and they have a song that satisfies any mood I could be in or any craving I could have, perfectly. From heavy and groovy, to fast and technical, to dark and ambient, to melodic and beautiful. They have it all for me. They're on repeat the most for me right now. I also adore them as individual people; their image and twisted personalities are awesome, and what they stand for is really inspiring to me. They do what they want, when they want, and have the balls to call out anyone's bullshit. They also put on quite the live show.

wariotime_small.png

#10 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

taking back Sunday(a punk band)

but not rly. Verging on the lines of pop punk, if anything, but by no means do they classify as punk.

No h8 against Taking Back Sunday though. The whole Tell All Your Friends album has a really special spot in my heart, one of my favorite albums of all time. I was one of those kids that grew up listening to Taking Back Sunday AND Brand New, and didn't pick a side, just appreciated getting to watch the feud that developed between Jesse Lacey and John Nolan, and all the great music that came from it.

#11 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

eh, call it what you want they're still pretty damn good

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#12 Relyt

Relyt
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

Like, band-band?

I've had a few different once throughout the years.

The band that actually changed my whole view of music was Disturbed, so they were my favorite for a bit.

And then I had Breaking Benjamin, and those two were tied for first for a while,

Then other things come and go. Owl City was a big one that I listened to before Fireflies was big on the radio,

but that's technically just one person doing everything. Eminem isn't a band, but I have more of his songs than anyone else,

and he probably has a majority of my listening in the past few months what with his new album, which I just loved.

Angels and Airwaves, Story of the Year, Blue October was big for a while, Lupe Fiasco, Macklemore, some other single artists.

Overall, if I had to pick one to be my favorite, at this point in time, it's Owl City, because I downloaded a bunch of newer songs,

and it's just what I've been listening to. I have 1287 songs on my phone right now, so things change pretty quickly depending on my mood.

#13 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Just started listening to disturbed again(thank you Lord slug), totally forgot how good stupify is.then I proceeded to listen to the entire down with the sickness album and remembered why disturbed is still one of my favorite bands

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#14 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

Just started listening to disturbed again(thank you Lord slug), totally forgot how good stupify is.then I proceeded to listen to the entire down with the sickness album and remembered why disturbed is still one of my favorite bands

Oh God.

I remember when I thought Disturbed was good too.

Granted, The Sickness is the least terrible album of all, but still.

Every. Song. Sounds. Exactly. The. Same.

giphy.gif

#15 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I never liked them in the first place.

Just sayin. All of the disturbed fans I met in high school wore huge pants with ten belts on them in what I can only assume were strategic locations. They all seemed to have below average intelligence.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#16 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:06 AM

I don't really care much that all the songs sound the same for the most part, I only listen to two or three of them anyway tbh. Stupify, land of confusion(genesis version is better by far but I do like the way disturbed did it), and I indestructible. Sadly in the world of metal you do run into a lot of dumbasses not much to be done about that I'm afraid. The worst part is when you run into people who think that bands like in this moment are metal. I love her SINGING voice, I mean her voice is amazing. But screaming does not make for good metal imo.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#17 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

screaming does not make for good metal imo.

Then you're just not listening to the right bands yet. Try listening to bands like Between The Buried And Me, Conducting From The Grave, Oceano, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Folly (holy fuck Folly is good) and that's all what metal with screaming is supposed to sound like. Anything from like 2009 onwards that calls itself metal core has a good chance of being garbage, but a lot of bands from the genre or straddling the line of the genre over the past decade have been wonderful. A huge factor is whether their target audience is metalheads or high school girls, and that's why bands like Asking Alexandria will always be bad. Their target audience is 15 year old girls who want more scene cred.

#18 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

how bout we just say that all metal is shit and call it a day why don't we

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#19 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

id like to amend that to "all nu metal is shit" and add "all emo and screamo is shit as well".

#20 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

Fair enough sir.

Let's just add that deathcore shit that Kaleido and Midian listen to to the list as well.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users