60 replies to this topic

#1 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

So, for y'all who don't know, once upon a time FEEF had a large-scale role playing game known as Roads To Victory. The entire gameplay was based somewhat around Fire Emblem, with a battle system that was (for the most part) a replica of the mechanics that were used in FE:GBA games, a support system, classes that were all in the style of Fire Emblem, most taken directly from the games with a few new additions (Samurai is the only one that comes to mind). There was the option for PvP combat, as well as dungeons, arenas, and quests that could be challenged either by yourself or with a party of other comrades. We even had clans. You would create a character, pick a starting class, which would have some preset base stats and growth rates, but you would also have a handful of extra points to distribute amongst your base stats and another handful to distribute amongst growth rates. As you adventures you would gain EXP, improving your stats and promoting you into higher classes. All really fun stuff.

I would simply like to know: Would anybody be interested in playing if we were to recreate this game?
If enough people say yes I'll do what I can to get it all started and organized. Though an extra hand would always be nice (*cough* Yosh? *cough*)

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#2 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

lol i'd be down to help. also play. that's the more important part.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#3 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

A good plan would be to try and make everything as simple as possible so that the game actually goes somewhere this time, rather than getting bogged down by superfluous mechanics and meaningless backstory.

I'd like to be involved, but too busy right now :(

#4 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

You have my shield.

Edit: ooh ooh let me adjust the class system so people have more choices of style and what not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

i'm down for playing, i'll also lend a hand wherever i can. not sure what i could help with but if you throw me something to do i'll try to give you something good

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#6 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Do we still have the old battle calculator lying around?

#7 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Not sure if it'd really go anywhere if I were to be honest.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#8 Ninja Penguin

Ninja Penguin
  • Howl's Moving Luxury Condo

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

I would be more than down to play if RtV came back. The groundwork for it is even already in place, since we still have a combat calculator, though that's Kai's re: Anarchy Virus.

Posted Image
A spritefic.

#9 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Is Anarchy Virus still a thing? And Erif, I think it will get somewhere. Anyways, what do y'all think for classes? Like starting with FE7 classes as a base for class options, what other classes should be added? What third tier classes should there be? Some are obvious like Trueblade and Marksman, but Pirate/Bereserker for instance doesn't have a designated third tier.

#10 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

I think RD sets a great standard for classes. 

I quit bothering with RtV just because it's a pain in the ass to run - my solution for that was to script it as much as possible, but that's a solution I'm unable to implement. Dave worked on it by developing a calc program, but ultimately I would have wanted it to require no input at all, but simply to run itself as a browser-based game. That's a bit of a pipedream, though.

Originally I had planned to include:

- Extensive dungeons, solo grinding experience

- Unique items that could appear as random drops and could only ever belong to one person at a time

- Growth scrolls (in the form of unique items)

- No level/stat caps

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#11 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Crossbow infantry would be cool. Giving alittle more descision for the archery to branch off for a more tanky/crit type version. (lower speed but higher skill and defense)

Soldier/Brigand as a playable.

Samurai -> Shogun chain from mercenary/soldier being proficient in blades/lances

Marauder base class (mounted axe unit) that comes from brigand

Mounted classes that has Axes/Crowbows (not sure on the name)

A shaman/monk option of a magic user that uses dark and light tomes (chancellor comes to mind as a name)

Edit: Anarchy Virus was put on hold due to the absense of the creator and his calculator.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

support units other than healers and bards? (for example shapshifter or ballista riders from SD)

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#13 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Ballista will be left out due to the fact that RtV is a mapless game. Hitting somebody from 10 spaces away isn't possible when spaces don't exist.

#14 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

I don't Recall RtV, but I do recall that thing Dave "beta/alpha" tested a good while back that sounds very similar to this. And I really enjoyed that, so I think its save to say I'm down with this too.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#15 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

ah, i wasn't aware of the mapless thing having not been here when it was up last time. in that case a heavily armored mage class sound pretty cool.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#16 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

frankly i think the more you add additional classes and diverge from the source material, the less of a fire emblem fan game it becomes. imo there should be very limited additional classes.

#17 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

but you could also look as it just being creative with what you're doing >.>

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#18 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

An overload of new classes would definitely pull it a bit too far from FE. But things like an armored Mage for example seem like they could help make the game more fun. The removal of stat/level caps was nice, but IIRC we got to a point where Yosh and I couldn't PvP because our avo was so high that it became impossible to hit each other. Perhaps at a certain level each class gets +50 acc? Also did we have any skills implemented last time? Because we totally should this time. We'll keep it as true to FE as possible.

#19 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

I think we need to pool all the resources of the existing Fire emblem classes and modifying them as such.

If we are thinking of making an armored mage, I say dark/light tomes could fit him well, he would be at a disadvantage of not getting staff access. 

But still possible.

http://fireemblem.wi...ategory:Classes

We can use this as a start and I can start adapting and creating a list.

Don't worry , there are all kinds of classes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Yeah NRX if you did that that would be so cool. Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users