• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Relyt

Relyt
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

So I recently got the new Tales of Hearts R for the PS Vita, and I'm liking it so far. 

I started the series with Vesperia, and played all the new games that released from there, 

and since I got a vita I had really wanted a Tales of game for it, and this one really hits the spot. 

I was really happy the skits were voiced, because I had Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, and I couldn't get very far in it due to a lack of voice acting, because I have high standards from playing the new games. Skits were a major part for me, and Abyss made them unbearable. 

Also, in the Tales of Graces. thread many people seemed excited about Xillia. 

I bought it, and played it for about 20 hours until I had a bunch of other things to do, but it was pretty good. 

Was it good enough for those of you who were hyped about it? Anyone play Xillia 2?

#2 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

i've only played abyss, symphonia, and the first one(gba version unfortunately), but i haven't been disappointed by any of them yet. not sure what you mean about skits being unbearable in abyss though. yeah they were a little bit tedious without voice acting, but most of them were kinda hilarious iirc.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#3 Relyt

Relyt
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

Oh, well I guess "unbearable" is a pretty harsh word, but on the 3DS skits the avatars come up and their lips move, and you can't just press 'a' to get to the next line of dialogue, you have to wait until the person's lips stop moving and it goes automatically. I read fast, so I end up having to wait like 5 seconds each time to see what they're going to say next, and it just gets old for me 

#4 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

So when I first started Tales of Hearts R after buying it last week, I was really critical of all the flaws I already read about being in the localization, but then got to experience myself. Now after playing it thus far, for the past week, I'm really loving it. The game is pretty great and Kohaku is possibly tied now with Sheena from ToS, as my favorite Tales Of character. The game is super fun. Somehow, despite the numerous sloppy localization flaws and dumb decisions made, I still find the game really good. It's more entertaining and fun than Abyss I think.

I really need to start over and completely play Vesperia also. Vesperia is awesome imo, just much more difficult battle wise. I think knowing that Japan has the definitive extra characters PS3 edition, has kept me from playing again. I mean, you don't even get Flynn in the 360 version I don't think. I need to just play and enjoy it anyways. The game is awesome. Last time I played I was stuck on the boss in the ice area and I played after taking a break, so I forgot a lot of the beginning story. Perhaps after I beat Hearts I'll go back and play through Vesperia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users