#1 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

where we cut out the crap, archive some old stuff, start some new stuff, and restore activity to the empire.

Or at least attempt to.

Who wants to help/suggest/advise? I'm kinda busy these days.

Suggested board list:

• The Empire
    • Announcements
    • New Members
    • Q/C/S
  • General
    • General Discussion
    • General Gaming (single forum)
    • Fire Emblem (single forum)
    • Entertainment
    • Music
    • SPAMLAND
    • srs bsns
  • Creative
    • Spriting
    • Fanfiction
    • Coding/Modding/Hacking
    • Roleplaying
    • Other Works
  • Graveyard
    • All archived subforums (ie. shit that's dead or hasn't seen a post in over a year)

#2 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'd love to help make some activity in the RP forum, but it's been dead for a while and I don't know how many active members would be interested.

send help

#3 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

holy dogshit, dave's kinda busy these days? that's a new one.

joking aside, thoughts:

- why are music and entertainment separate?

- we're not a fire emblem forum anymore, but our only niche gaming subforum is for fire emblem? imo fire emblem should be a subforum of gaming, as should a few other games that are strong enough to support a range of topics. pokemon, league of legends, smash bros. perhaps also a subforum for the tactical rpg genre, in homage to fire emblem being what brought us all together in the first place. maybe a couple other subforums for other highly popular gaming genres.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#4 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

hey I'll be even busier once I graduate and start fulltime work. enjoy it while it lasts.

I figured that Music was big enough to deserve to be a forum as opposed to an entertainment subforum. 

mm, multiple gaming forums might be the way to go. That raises the question of whether Gaming should be its own category, with several main forums to increase visibility, because there will be too many subforums otherwise. 

#5 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

1059892617.pngQuickReviveIcon.pngTelltale_Heart.pngpotions_life.gifSpell_holy_resurrection.png

500px-Divine_Stone_of_Returning_Soul.png

iKQPe12FwUGe5.gif

I've brought as much revive as I can to the party

The rest is up to space goat

Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#6 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

That raises the question of whether Gaming should be its own category, with several main forums to increase visibility, because there will be too many subforums otherwise. 

yes. i mean gaming is sort of what we're considering to be the thing everyone here would have in common, yes? we should have a theme of some kind, i would assume gaming to be the obvious choice.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#7 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

Works for me. I'll go through and make some of the changes tomorrow, can always change things again as necessary.

For Gaming category then:

• General
  • FE
  • Nintendo?
    • Pokemon
    • smash
  • RPG?
  • Multiplayer/Online?
    • w/ league as a subforum?

#8 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

That looks about right to me. From what's currently still thriving.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#9 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

question: where is the subforum for big anime titties

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#10 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

seems about right. should be open to changes if we attract people and other dominant interests develop.

#11 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

I still think gaming should be separated by Console, Handheld, and PC. It's easier that way and you could throw in a Fire Emblem sub forum still. Though I like the RPG section idea. That's like 90% of what I play lol.

#12 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

I'll be around for the next few months, doing online courses so if you need a hand doing anything I'm totally free and have computer time 24/7.

The changes suggested sound like a good idea to me.

I think music should still be separated from entertainment, but that's just me.

Having FE as a sub of gaming seems logical too.

giphy.gif

#13 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

I still think gaming should be separated by Console, Handheld, and PC. It's easier that way and you could throw in a Fire Emblem sub forum still. Though I like the RPG section idea. That's like 90% of what I play lol.

this didn't occur to me but it's a solid idea. I had been worrying about how best to split "gaming" into genres, but splitting it into console, handheld, and pc makes equal sense. i'm fine with whatever though.

#14 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

Only problem I see with separating by console/handheld/pc is that a lot of games are cross platform these days. In fact, our very own beloved fire emblem series has had games on the gameboy/nintendo ds/3ds for handheld and games on the gamecube/wii for console. While we could still separate the series by platform, I personally feel that it would look/feel a little awkward.

I think the idea could be incorporated, though--we could do something like:

-Nintendo

-Fire Emblem

-Pokemon

-Other Consoles

-I don't know what other console games we're big on, maybe do something like PS3/XBOX/PC subforums to discuss exclusives to those systems and have  the main forum be for multiplatform games.

-League of Legends?

Dunno about the awkward Nintendo sitting there, but since it has such a fuckin collection of their own platforms and a lot of games we are currently big on, I think it more or less deserves its own section.

send help

#15 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

mm, yer right about the cross platform shit.

#16 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

cool story

I've done some rearranging. Settled on a combination of the above that I thought would work well. can change if anarchy.

I just left the Sony/Microsoft forums as is for now, but they could maybe be combined into General Gaming. Not sure if we really need specific forums for them since, as has been noted, majority of games are multiplat these days.

I'd be inclined to create a Final Fantasy subforum somewhere because there are a lot of FF-specific topics I can think of to discuss, but idk how many FF fans we have left these days.

#17 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Did someone say FF fan?

Don't make me get off my Chocobo!

But in other news. So far this is looking better, not to mention I've been able to steadily refresh the new content page like on the hour and have new content to read and comment too.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#18 Rayne

Rayne
  • Insert something clever here.

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

So... I shouldn't necropost like I used to? Ok. Noted.

I like what it's evolving to so far. Don't have much to add.

Nonsense is the truest sense and far more common than common sense.

#19 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'm pretty sure FF fans will crawl out of the woodworks should there be a subforum. I'm currently playing 7 again, so I'm remembering plenty to talk about with just that one.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#20 DarkNight

DarkNight
    Veteran
  • Nothing is free, only permitted.

• Veterans
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

Fire Emblem Empire if we are to expand I think we should still be a place that primarily focuses on the genre, (Tactical Roleplaying Genre)

We could do stuff like hold times to all play LoL and stuff.

DnD was another interesting direction for things to go, we do have it at our disposal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users