• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

A new trailer showing more of the gameplay was released yesterday. As far as I've read it's being released on PS3 and PS4. Apparently they're taking a cat burglar, doing what you want take on this entry in the series, from what I've read and seen in the trailer. I still don't have a PS3 but hoping my brother has a PS4 by then so I can borrow the PS3, or I may just preorder it anyways and save it for when I'm at his place catsitting.

Gameplay Trailer
http://youtu.be/wPqSkzNNPIg

#2 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

Hype is an understatement.

Although change makes me nervous, seeing all those third person stealthy bits. Atlus rarely disappoints thought. As long as the combat system stays essentially the same and the writing is up to par for the rest of the series, it'll undoubtedly be a fantastic game.

Definitely not waiting to get a PS4 for this. Graphics take a backseat when Persona is involved.

giphy.gif

#3 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

I'm so excited to play it, I won't mind preordering and just waiting for my brother to have me watch his cats whenever he goes camping again. But I really hope he just buys a PS4 soon, I've already claimed longterm PS3 borrowing rights in advance before my other brother.

The sneaking part does worry me though. I can't get anywhere in a game with sneaking. I hope you can just get stuck battling if you fail to sneak past.

#4 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Eh, I'd actually like to see them take some chances with the battle/combat system, it can get kind of boring when things forever stay the same. Particularly I'd like to see some increased difficulty and a more interactive combat system.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#5 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

" Essentially" was the key word there. I'm okay with a few tweaks and new features, but the core turn-based system with type advantages and knockdowns/group attacks should still be there.

giphy.gif

#6 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:12 AM

SHOULD THEY though? I mean I know us oldfags love our turn-based rpgs, but I'm not afraid of them totally forgoing that system and going with something new, taking a chance. I mean I like the turn-based system in Persona but I've already played it twice, and while the second time it was updated and generally much better it was a bit easier too. Not that difficulty is the be-all end-all, but just saying, they could do something different and I wouldn't be too sad.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

KREVIN
DAVE

#7 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

In regards to the battles/fights/whatev I'm open to changes but I'm saying build on what you got. Eventually you need something new, but there's so much more that can be explored with what they started with, just adding to it. Swapping in team members? Revamped numbers system to change the flow of battles to be longer/shorter? Minigames? Puzzles? Day/Night cycles or actual time cycles? All kinds of shit can affect the battle system enough to freshen things up without completely changing the feel of it.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#8 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

This is true. Even Final Fantasy which is pretty great with always making the combat systems in each installment feel fresh and solid builds upon previous systems. They just tend to be a bit more drastic with the overhaul.

Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

KREVIN
DAVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)