Rules Overview: (subject to change based on need)
- Players start the game with 1500 gold. Gold, mercenaries, and items are considered currency.
- Each player moves once per turn, normally with 1 d10 (one dice with ten sides). Players will take turns in random order each turn phase.
- Each space takes one movement, and the board has set paths to take.
- NPCs, the black market, and mercenarie's hangouts are interacted with optionally as a player moves through their space.
- NPCs start at a random location on the map.
- NPCs will not be within a magical doorway's path (unlockable by mercenary/item), and will be far from the starting location at the start of the game.
- After an NPC has been activated, it moves to another random location.
- Mercenaries' Hangouts provide a player with a mercenary. Although limited to one mercenary owned by each player at a time, these locations can provide a trade for a player for 500 gold.
- Black Markets offer items to players, but might be overpriced or fake.
- Villages are event spaces, having a wide variety of outcomes. Usually outcomes are minor rewards.
- Provoke Dave is an event space that causes a random punishment to occur, affecting one or more players. Player Dave accepts his own punishments as inspiration to dish out more punishments later.
- Lottery of the Gods is an event space where the player rolls dice to select two players and a random outcome that affects their gold, mercenaries, and/or items.
- Anna's Shop, one of the NPC spaces, is where a player can purchase items at fair or silver card prices, with a larger selection than a black market and possibly receive an item for free.
- Divine Gods, one of the NPC spaces, is where a player can communicate with the gods and pay tribute to have one of their abilities take place. Light and Darkness switch before each turn.
- Each player may have any number of items, and there is no limit to gold.
- If a player has less gold than an action requires, they cannot do such action. Players who tribute to Gods may not target a player with 0 gold for any God ability, but the Light God does have a 0 gold tribute option.
- If a player must lose more gold than they own, they lose all their gold and must sacrifice an item or a mercenary. If they cannot, they are removed from the Game.
- When a player rolls multiple movement dice and gets doubles or triples, and also when any player passes the starting space after the start of the game, they receive 300 gold.
- The turn ends after each player moves for their turn, and decide whether or not to use items. At this time, a minigame is played to simulate a major battle in the war.
- If all players landed on the same type of space, the minigame will be a free for all. Otherwise, players are either placed randomly into two different teams for a team minigame or be selected for free for all.
- A few free for all minigames may have multiple winners. Reward "gain random gold from each loser" can only occur if there is one winner.
- Negative minigame outcomes causing loss of mercenary or item have no effect if the player does not own any.
- Players may forfeit the game at any time. Also, players must take their turn within a certain time limit or their turn will be taken for them. Adjustments will be made for minigames.
- If players fail to make contact with the host after two full turns, they will automatically forfeit.
- Host will provide ample time for players to take their turn, including time for movement and any decision-based actions. To reduce time needed please find host and go through any rolls/decisions able.
- Any time frames may be adjusted based on needs of host or players, please contact the host.
- The Magic Doorways' Paths can only be taken by using an item or owning a mercenary that allows access to them.
- Items and mercenaries cannot be activated the turn you have received them, but can be used at any time during a turn's movement phase.
Types of currency / things to own:
Spaces of the game board:
Gain 300 gold
Lose 300 gold
Lottery of the Gods
The Divine Gods
Possible minigame outcomes:
Gain 1000 gold
Lose 500 gold
Gain RNG gold from each loser
Lose an item
Lose a mercenary
Above is the Game Board, I will either update this first post with the game board as the turns progress or I will post a new one on a new turn post. NOTE: Blue spaces are Gain 300 Gold, yellow spaces are Lose 300 Gold (omitted from the key from brain fart)
Please add me on skype (Patrick Albert is user name, xyankyuai is account name, Kirito from SAO is my current avatar). Contact on skype will allow turns to go by much faster due to having multiple possible actions happen at once if needed.
Thursday, I will roll to decide turn order and begin the first player's turn. Information about possible dice roll outcomes from different spaces and info will be hidden until the first time they are used. Use this time (~2 days) to confirm your participation, or join if you have not yet.
Minigames might be simple or complex, may take a bit of time to do a task, and might be repeated as needed. However, they should all be possible to complete without the need to have people online at the same time, and ample time will be provided.