31 replies to this topic

#1 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

Now that FEEF is ded, what are your favorite memories of the place?

I loved when the RP section was active, for example, and we had long-standing and interesting RP going on.

I also loved when all the feefers got together on Pokemon Online and played pokemon together. That was some sweet shit.

send help

#2 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

I just enjoyed when it was lively. I guess getting to re-join the day it came back after the big cock took over was a good memory, seeing as I wasn't here in the very beginning. But honestly, I wouldn't trade this friendly atmosphere for the douche baggery that went on forever ago. Just wish the place was more lively again.

Edit: Oh and I also miss the birthday calendar FEEF used to have. We all were notified of whose birthday it was and actually had to care and make topics about it. Now days, no one has a clue lol.

#3 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

i miss being excited about how people were going to respond to some absurd shit that i said

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#4 Krevin except a lot cooler

Krevin except a lot cooler
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

We used to have Brawl tournaments back when that video game was relevant. Spriting competitions (and/or the community having strong interest in spriting at all ever). RtV. Omegablaster being Spam King. That time Dave made me Admin ^^ for luck xD. Any of the few RPs I actually participated in. All of Jarly's escapades. Who the fuck is Goldstar. Lemonade. Toku's dramatic readings of Assistant Waldorf Saucecake. Strivia. Competing with byoxxylbby to see who could get a higher post count. Clans, specifically the Maelstrom. And just so, so many other events that occured on this website that made Fire Emblem Empire a forum to really REALLY never to forget.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#5 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:33 AM

ohhhhh my god i remember lemonade

i was so buttmad.

the truth's in a grave, where angels fear to tread, daisuke and willowren's rp, like every jarly rp that lasted 3 pages

send help

#6 Maverick

Maverick
    Uber
  • POWA BOMB

• Uber
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

I have the same feelings towards FEEF that I do a well-loved sitcom that's reached its final season. Started watching casually, then got totally invested in it, fell in love with all of the characters, and was always excited for the next episode. Now that it's over I could sit down for ages and talk about all the awesome moments over the years.

I was sort of interested at first, but mostly just a lurker. After the attack, I sorta started participating more.

I remember the original lemonade as being a stand out memory, as well as all of Gyppygirl's fanfics. Those things still haunt me to this day.

I remember YQ and Dath helping me out in learning how to sprite.

Starting my own little guild with the other fringe-regulars on the site.

Starting a stupid war over the new rating system ans everyone fighting for the most likes as if we were 14 year old girls on facebook.

I had an admittedly shitty Highschool life, and this place was always kinda the same, somewhere I could just relax. We could all just talk about whatever dumb stuff we wanted and there was never any real drama, other than a few spats here and there which always blew over within a day or so.

I love this place, and I love you guys. So even if the site does actually die, I'll still remember it fondly.

giphy.gif

#7 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

ditto, man. my history of feef was basically like...

be a newly minted fire emblem 7 fan, come across FEEF because mugs

begin to learn about members of feef and make jokes while learning to make mugs

start to be more of a noteworthy personality since FEEF is relatively new and theres only like 20-30 active members

as site grows, become arrogant douche because its funny

start taking arrogant douche persona too seriously

oh well, it's the FEEF golden years

lots of jarly over the span of like 3 years

spend a year without internet and it's torture mainly because I need FEEF

also a tranny appears and metro hates me because antisemitism isn't funny to certain people (now he's a tranny too)

get a protege from panama

be admin

mature a bit and stop being as much of a douche

people stop posting and joining

heart breaks

It's been about 9 years... FEEF has been a big part of my life.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#8 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

I haven't been here that long, and I don't have any particular highlights I can remember; however I can say you guys have really helped me out for the last couple years. I'm rather incapable of a social life where I am right now(multiple reasons, but mainly I just don't want to bother since I'm leaving as soon as I can anyway), so I've relied pretty heavily on FEEF for...well basically half of my social interactions.

Anyway I just want to thank you guys for being here.

Little off topic edit: might be nice to have a thread of member contact information so we can keep in touch after FEEF is gone. I don't expect that to happen any time soon honestly, but it's always better to be prepared well in advance.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#9 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

:aso:asmallorange.gif

FEEF is the entire reason I got into League.  

I remember the horrible things I made while learning to sprite fondly.  Especially Steve. 

My early FEEF years, still better than highschool.  

Also, LordNoobsor.  I was rather fond of that wanker.  

Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#10 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

i really really enjoyed my time actively making EMPIRE episodes every week. 

and also when we did spriting contests of course.
meeting peeps, like my mentor yoashweh.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#11 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

yeah mang, that period where EMPIRE was on the air was pretty great for me. i always looked forward to finding out if what i made was funny enough for mah feef doods

#12 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:57 AM

I had lots of fun back in the RP and spriting section, back when Real Life let me spend time on the forums. Spriting especially was pretty fun once I started getting the hang of customing. The community was fun, too; I don't remember anyone being a stuck up the way everyone around me is nowadays. Then again, maybe I just grew up cynical over the years.

Come to think of it, the times that I did spend on FEEF, I was a total addict and would not stop spamming the "View New Content" link at the top of the screen.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#13 Maverick

Maverick
    Uber
  • POWA BOMB

• Uber
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

And who are you again?

giphy.gif

#14 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

Yeah there was this person who was pretty cool here back in the day, think they went by Moon or Lunar or something.

send help

#15 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Oh god what a lunatic

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#16 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

yeah i remember many times of pressing that buttons

#17 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

no shit, I lurked for a crazy long time (back when Dave was Blitz and his avatar still had armor) and I'm pretty sure I only made an account after I read Lemonade.  I think.

Not sure what that says about me

Posted Image

#18 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

Lemonade is love. Lemonade is life.

In all seriousness, though, I like lemonade. The drink. Haven't read lemonades since I last saw Gyppy here.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#19 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

The spriting contests were great.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#20 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

I really really really loved the spriting contests, even though my skills weren't up to par at all. If it weren't for the fact that this place is a little quieter than before and the fact that I now regularly come home past midnight working on assignments and stuff, I would've pushed for a revival.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users