Jaffar was recruitable?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:54 AM

Okay, so I'm playing FE7 for the first time, when my only other FE experience was extensive playtime with The Sacred Stones. I just completed Ch. 26, and to my horror realized I missed out on recruiting Jaffar. I had assumed that because he had been a central enemy throughout the storyline, he would not be able to be recruited. As my first playthrough, I was determined to have no deaths and every character recruited, which I had been so far successful with. But according to Wikia, Jaffar can be added if you have Nino talk to him. God dang it.

#2 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:31 AM

It happens. A good number of good looking/sympathetic enemies can be recruited under the right circumstances, whether it be in the first playthrough, subsequent ones, or stuff like FE8's Lagdou Ruins.

Good luck with Hector Hard Mode, if you choose that path sometime.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#3 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

The Lagdou Ruins were pretty rough, but unlocking Lyon as a character was an amazing reward, especially since he came with a tome that had infinite uses. And I do plan on replaying FE7 once I finish the this play through, and I WIll get Jaffar that time.

#4 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

Sucks man, but I think a lot of players missed Jaffar on their first run. He's a great unit though, but if you put the time into Matthew he's admittedly just as good if not better in the end.

giphy.gif

#5 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

I never use Jaffar but like you, I always want to recruit everyone. I just bench the guy. Seems like he wouldn't mind.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#6 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

NEVER USE JAFFAR, WHAT TREACHERY IS THIS???

gosh, if we were a thing, i might have dumped you right here and now.

(i think i might have an unhealthy obsession with some video game characters. not gonna list them including the numerous FE characters because i dont wanna be caught swooning)

jHfsg7C.gif

#7 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

I use Jaffar. To ship with Nino  and give her babies. But that's about it.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#8 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:10 AM

I;m gonna play through again once I'm done with this one, and recruit the hell out of Jaffar. Is he the only usable assassin? In FE8, three characters could become assassins by choice, but in FE7, every character has one set class change.

#9 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

matthew and legault can also go assassin. any thief, basically. no rogues in fe7. (SADLY)

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#10 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

matthew and legault can also go assassin. any thief, basically. no rogues in fe7. (SADLY)

While the ability to picks doors and chest without locks was cool, the rouges in FE8 weren't too great. Rennac and Colm both had low strength, so Matthew as an assassin seems better.

#11 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

i liked em both a lot. i just prefer rogues overall because the lockpicking is great and imo assassins in fe7/8 look stupid. that turban crap they wear... whack. rogues in fe8 had a cool look and neat attack animations.

#12 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

While the ability to picks doors and chest without locks was cool, the rouges in FE8 weren't too great. Rennac and Colm both had low strength, so Matthew as an assassin seems better.
Colm had some pretty great fighting potential as a rogue imo. I like him as an assassin more because the lethality animation is really cool, but he's just as useful in fights either way

Edit:mostly because either way you go nothing is going to hit him anyway

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#13 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

*points at my signature*   ya the animations for assassins are possibly my favorites.

I actually don't like the animations for rogues personally.

jHfsg7C.gif

#14 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:30 AM

I always make Marisa an assassin, just because the assassin animation is pretty sick. I do make Colm a rogue though, just because it fits his character.

#15 Catsuma

Catsuma
    Veteran
  • Earl of IsCat

• Veterans
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

I;m gonna play through again once I'm done with this one, and recruit the hell out of Jaffar. Is he the only usable assassin? In FE8, three characters could become assassins by choice, but in FE7, every character has one set class change.

A single enemy drops the thief class change item if you recruit Jaffar and keep him and Nino alive through that chapter

You can also buy them for 50K each at the final secret shop... but considering how late that shop appears its kinda not worth going for it.  

Catman is officially cool now. Get wit it.
God damnit

2Aztz.gifpyH7x.gifzrnDd.gifhXB6E.gifUXxwN.gif

:aso:

"I am Catman! The gods fear my name!"

Spoiler

#16 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

Quick question. If when starting a new game, if I chose Lyn's tale, will I then be able to chose between Eliwood and Hector's tale after Chapter 11?

#17 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

Yes, iirc.

Once you hit chapter 11 you get to chose either Hector's or Eliwood's line.

giphy.gif

#18 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

When you start a new game you don't have a choice, Lyn mode is first. Even after that it's good to do LHM to cheese up the levels.

can you hear the wind across the plains

#19 ClassyCorgi

ClassyCorgi

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

Ight, so another recruitment question. How do I recruit Farina? Nethier Fiora or Florina or even Hector can talk to her. Do I just keep her alive until the end of the chapter?

#20 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

they can, but you need a lot of money. she requires a hefty payment in gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users