#21 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

weed's legal in my state :o

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#22 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

I'm near all of the states where it's legal. It's just a matter of time before it'll be legal here...

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#23 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

yeah, weed is legal where I am too.

yosh and I are in the same state actually, not super far from each other IIRC.

send help

#24 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

i'm on the coast, florence. where were you?

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#25 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

they're discussing making it legal in both states i've lived in, but i doubt it'll happen any time soon.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#26 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

They made it legal in the only other state I've lived in BUT NOBODY EVER TALKS ABOUT HOW IT'S HELLA LEGAL IN ALASKA

#27 Damon

Damon
    Veteran
  • Wisconsinite Through and Through

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:15 AM

still illegal in mine! but i believe they're trying to make it legal for those of us who are 21+.

#28 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:33 AM

i'm on the coast, florence. where were you?

over in jackson county, right by the county where the UCC shooting happened

send help

#29 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

that happened i guess in douglas county. you're just south of that, and to the north is my county, lane. so yeah, pretty close. i'd have passed through on my way up. stayed the night in grant's pass, which was pretty nice. should be near you.

#30 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

Only a matter of time before the new Liberal Government makes it legal here in Canada too.

giphy.gif

#31 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

Honestly it's about time. I don't partake in the devil's lettuce myself but I know plenty who do and it definitely does not seem dangerous enough or whatever for a law banning it.

send help

#32 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

I'm opposed to all recreational drugs, but whatever. It's not like the law is doing anything to stop it, so at least legalizing it will hopefully make it safer and more regulated.

giphy.gif

#33 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

the "drug war" itself is now just a source of corruption. imo that's the main reason to legalize it.

#34 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

I honestly don't want it to be legalized, but not because I'm against people smoking. If it was legalized the government would then take control of the industry and their regulations would make it the same story as tobacco. They would add chemicals to make it "safer", and to get people addicted. As it stands marijuana is safe(barring human stupidity), but it seems unlikely to stay that way if it becomes a completely government controlled business. Just my two cents.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#35 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:15 AM

I don't think the government benefits from having people addicted to stuff.

#36 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

It wouldn't be the government that did that. In fact, the government would be regulating what you are/aren't allowed to add to it and still be able to sell it. The government would for sure be keeping it safer. Privatized companies, on the other hand, can benefit from those things. But I think it will be more like beer - Chemical additives won't be the big problem. It'll just be big companies using genetically manufactured crops that are low quality and metallic tasting. See: Budweiser, Coors, etc.
Smaller, more localized companies will be able to use quality crops and put out good products.

#37 Karino

Karino
    Veteran

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

Coors

queue internal vomiting

but yeah, i mostly agree with what you laid out there. idk, i think having it legalized is just a better decision, in terms of crime at the very least. time will tell though

send help

#38 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

it's one of those matters of progress that is ongoing. with a few states legalizing it and doing well, it'll spread. within 10-20 years it will probably be legalized to some degree in most states.

#39 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:57 AM

I think within the decade it will be legalized across the country. More and more people are getting on board with it, I would be surprised if by 2026 it was still illegal anywhere in the US.

#40 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

I'm finally staying at my place tonight instead of my parents' house (because it's right next to the university and classes start tomorrow) and first of all I'm drunk. And my roommate just brought home this chick that has apparently been over a lot lately and they're showering together but I need to shower so I can go to bed because I have school tomorrow.
Anyways my roommate used to work at the coffee shop that I just quit, and is now the manager of a coffee shop that gets their coffee beans from my old work (because my old work was one of only two coffee roasteries in town and I'm pretty sure the other one doesn't do wholesale accounts for coffee beans). And apparently my old boss was trying to talk MAD SHIT about me the other day while dropping off the coffee order, and my roommate was just like "you know Kevin is my roommate, right?" and it got hella awkward. My old boss has been telling people that she fired me, and telling people to look for jobs because apparently I need a new one. Fuck her, I found a new job and then quit, she had nothing to do with it. Fuck that NOISE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users