#481 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

Update: Got things sorted out with my Senior Design partner. I see where she was coming from, I had missed a few weeks in a row of class and we hadn't talked much so she had no reason to believe I was actually making progress on our project, so like, I get it. But we sorted things out and I'm not at risk of failing that class or anything.

That's good to hear!

Semester ends in 14 days. All I have left is
-9 more in-person classes.
-1 more online homework assignment.
-Final project for Entertainment Venue Design - I have to make a 20 minute presentation and a 5 page paper on an idea for an entertainment venue. My concept is a museum with integrated augmented reality, because that's really cool and it'll be easy to stretch that into a long presentation.
-Final report for Senior Design, which is mostly just compiling all of the work we've done throughout the semester into a single document.
-2 in-person final exams and an online final exam.

Get it!

Then over winter break I have to make up 20 hours in the shop for THTR 204, work on programming my final project for Senior Design, and write an essay about the internship that I did at a church before I came back to school (which will count as my internship credit, and I technically have until May but I think it'll be better to finish it before classes start back up).

I still say just play Smut (Smash ultimate... maybe it needs a better tag ;p)

And then the Spring semester is a bunch of classes, but it shouldn't be too over the top of a workload. Project Management for Engineering is the only class that might assign homework (other than the online class that I'm taking but since there's no actual class it kinda weighs out??) so I should be able to devote all of my non-class time to finishing Senior Design. Next semester will probably feel a lot like this one, it'll start and end super fast so I need to be ready for it. Graduation is like, right around the corner.

I'm finally actually going to start working out. It's been something I've needed to do for a long while now, but I've just been putting it off and my body is at a point now where I'm getting disgusted with myself. :[ 

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#482 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:39 AM

Still can't play video games during lab hours. It's very hands on, I'll be doing actual work the entire time. :/

Good luck with working out! I've been meaning to get back to the gym as well, I definitely need it. It's just hard with school, finding the time and motivation at the same time doesn't always work out. That'll be good though, it's definitely a good hobby to get into!

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#483 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:18 PM

Still can't play video games during lab hours. It's very hands on, I'll be doing actual work the entire time. :/

Yes, Yes, I read that, But I still stand by my point... No matter how wrong it is.

Good luck with working out! I've been meaning to get back to the gym as well, I definitely need it. It's just hard with school, finding the time and motivation at the same time doesn't always work out. That'll be good though, it's definitely a good hobby to get into!

Yea... Motivation is key, and it needs to be the right type or it wont stick.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#484 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

so i managed to write a whole thick load of chapters for my comic and i been... "storyboarding" the pages, it looks ridiculous but the artist says theyre helpful. 

and i been thinking about toying with the idea about playing with the concept of starting a podcast with people wink wink wonk wank . 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#485 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:37 PM

Nice, what's your comic about? Also what would the podcast be about? ;)

Btw, my theatre tech professor said that because so many people are missing a lot of their lab hours, he's letting people write essays to make up for the missing hours, so I won't have to actually go in to the lab over winter break now. Which is dope. It does mean I now have to BS a 10-page essay on welding, due Thursday morning, on top of all my other finals, but I'm thinking if I can take OSHA regulations line by line and explain each one in layman's terms, I can get at least 3 or 4 pages out of just that. I'm also banking on the fact that the lab hours were only going to be graded for completion, not competency, so the essay will hopefully follow those same guidelines, so I'm going to reiterate myself a lot to get those extra pages.
Anyways, finals week starts today. Here's everything I have left:
-1 Homework assignment (which is almost finished) and 1 quiz (which will take 15 minutes tops) for my HVAC systems class, both due tonight
-1 stage strike for my theatre class, tonight at 4.
-1 final exam for Statics, tomorrow night at 6 (it isn't cumulative and I haven't gone to class since the last final, so I have to learn stuff first lol)
-1 10-page essay on welding for my theatre tech class, due thursday morning
-1 theatre tech final thursday morning (should be easy, just gonna cover safety and stuff like that)
-1 online Final Exam for my HVAC systems class, which I'll be taking Friday night.

And then I'm done for the semester. It's been a rough one, I'm excited it's finally over. That list was a lot longer a few days ago, but I've been working hard because I just wanna knock this all out so I can relax and play Smash.

#486 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:38 PM

I had an awesome weekend with a lady friend, she came up for my company Christmas party, and ended up staying from Sat-Mon and we had a great time. Just being able to enjoy one anothers company, relax on the couch watch some movies, and just chit chat about stuff, etc. It was great, got some great photos of us, I might post... maybe... but this site hates my phone when trying to upload photos.

I'm super excited for Friday, I leave out for Arkansas to surprise my daughter for Christmas and I am the one supplying "Santa's" gift this year. So That all big huge great things coming forward.

then Hopefully the week after my family will be able to come down to Texas and I have plans for Bella and I to go on this huge Ice Skating/Light show type thing. Like you know how there's places to drive your car through to look at the awesome light display, well that, but you go through it by Ice Skating, which we both enjoy a lot, and it use to be a more annual thing for us. This is the first time the place is hosting the event and I hope it can become a new annual event for us.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#487 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:50 PM

Nice dude! That's exciting. Glad everything is going well this holiday season!

I just got my grades back for this past semester. 3 B's, a B+, a B-, and an A. Some of the grades aren't surprising (My final was only worth 10% of my grade in Statics, I knew I was getting a B ), but some of those were surprising. I got a B- in Senior Design, which is a completely subjective grading scale. The professor hated me and my partner through me under the bus to make sure she got a perfect grade even though our group was doing A- work. I also got a B in Construction Management, which is BUCK WILD because I learned NOTHING in that class, I'm still not entirely sure what that class was about, and the grading curve was just nuts. Before the curve I was at about a 40%.

Anyways, I survived! One semester left.

#488 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 24 December 2018 - 04:06 AM

i feel like i haven't had one positive thing to say all year, but i'm back again with some bullshit

my boyfriend has been cheating on me with my best friend. it's got me real fucked up, because like honestly if she had come and talked to me i'd have just been like "whatever man, it's cool if you two wanna do whatever". but instead they had to be shady and secretive. so now i've gotta break up with my boyfriend(not a huge problem honestly? i mean it sucks, but it is what it is), and deal with my best friend being a terrible trash person. i don't know what to do about that. 

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#489 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:23 AM

Damn

#490 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:43 PM

that fuckin blows dude, sorry they're so shitty

merry christmas though to everyone

send help

#491 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

Damn bro, I'm sorry to hear all that, that stuff is never easy.

I had a great Christmas with my daughter, though leaving was really tough as expected. I had a 3 hour overlay in Dallas, and my night was just dragging on and I was just not doing well. My ride from the airport waited for me to land before finishing getting ready to even leave his house, so I was irritated and got home later than I should have. Couldn't find my keys to get inside for about 5 minutes my keys were stuffed away in my coat in the bottom of my bag... Then as finally get in my house, I drop my bags and head to use the Restroom when I hear a soft knock at my door. At 11:20pm. PEEVED beyond belief at who ever knocked on my door at such  a late hour. Then as I opened the door, the chick I've been talking to is standing there, and I'm floored. I've never had a woman surprise me like this, it was refreshing, and amazing. Best Christmas present to date.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#492 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:34 AM

It's weird, I broke things off with my boyfriend and like suddenly I feel alright? This has been a real shitty year, and like nothing has been okay the entire time. But I feel like...this one thing I got right, and it's gonna turn things around, I feel like I'm gonna start making good choices. Doing what I need to do. I wouldn't say I'm confident exactly, but I feel at ease. Nothing has changed really and I'm still in a terrible place, likely worse off than I've ever been(someone literally tried to run me over today for example), but I don't feel like it's all bad anymore. Strange stuff

Edit: I just want you all to know I appreciate you a whole lot. I'm not around very often anymore, but this place helped me through a pretty difficult spot, and it'll always have a place in my heart.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#493 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

It's weird, I broke things off with my boyfriend and like suddenly I feel alright? This has been a real shitty year, and like nothing has been okay the entire time. But I feel like...this one thing I got right, and it's gonna turn things around, I feel like I'm gonna start making good choices.

That's always a good feeling to have, I came across that feeling a couple years ago and it's staid around since, and my life has been progressively getting better and better. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Doing what I need to do. I wouldn't say I'm confident exactly, but I feel at ease. Nothing has changed really and I'm still in a terrible place, likely worse off than I've ever been(someone literally tried to run me over today for example), but I don't feel like it's all bad anymore. Strange stuff

You almost got ran over... Intentionally!? That's some crazy shit!

Edit: I just want you all to know I appreciate you a whole lot. I'm not around very often anymore, but this place helped me through a pretty difficult spot, and it'll always have a place in my heart.

^I think most people who still come here can say this.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#494 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

Oh, I thought I had mentioned it here, but I guess not. I don't really know what's going on exactly, but in the last 6 months I've been in 4 fights with multiple people who just show up and attack me. It's been escalating though, last time one of them drew a knife, and the brakes on my car were tampered with(fortunately I don't drive, terrified of cars to begin with), and then they tried to run me over. The police say they are investigating, but it's different people each time. It's really scary stuff, but I can't leave because none money. Family can't help me for the same reason. I want to open one of those gofundme things, but I feel really bad asking for help since like...well I can handle this, but even if I move I still can't hold a job, so I'll end up on the street dying anyway, just in a different way. Sucks

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#495 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 04:40 PM

Geez, wtf is wrong with people? Does like some really messed up person have it out for you or something?

#496 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:55 AM

Yeah I got no idea. It's been different people, and like I never get out in the first place. I don't know how I could possibly have made someone angry enough to want to hurt me.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#497 Maverick

Maverick
    Uber
  • POWA BOMB

• Uber
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Man, I really hope for the best dude. I wish I could tell you some way to fix it all but life ain't like that. Praying for you all the same man.

Life is wild right now man.

I finished my internship, wasn't able to submit some of the papers/assessments at the end because of a screwup with the online system, but the professor overseeing my internship told me to leave it with him and he'd take care of it. I emailed him everything though, and he said it was all good.

My mentor/trainer at the church I was working at said that he gave me perfect scores on my assessments and that I would be an asset to any church that hired me in the future, so that made me feel good. This same dude found out that my GF was planning to get me a Switch for Christmas and bought me Breath of the Wild as a Christmas gift, which blew me away. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever had the chance to be around.

I still don't TECHNICALLY graduate until April because of dumb scheduling, and I still have to fly out to the school for a two week intensive training course before the grad ceremony, but I'm essentially finished every required course for my degree. My graduation application has been accepted, and pending a passing grade on everything from Internship, I'm done. I will have a degree.

Even better news, I've already been contacted by a church who's looking for a Next Gen Pastor (Basically all children, teenage, and young adult ministries) and their Lead Pastor and Board have already decided that I am the one they want to hire. This is pretty crazy to have a position already before I even technically graduate, it doesn't happen around here often. There were only 2 open positions in my province, so the fact that they sought me out specifically is really exciting.

So right now I'm sorta stuck in limbo. This church hasn't had anyone in that position for years now, so they don't have any living accomodations for me. They're currently looking for a house/apartment that the church can rent for me. Once they find it though, I'm ready to go. It's kind of far away, about an 8 hour drive from home, but it's only 5 hours from where my GF attends university, so that's not so bad. I also have close friends in the city that tell me all the time that I can come crash with them whenever I want, so it's all working out pretty well.

So right now the plan is to be moved in and working by the end of January, but that all depends on whether they find me a place to live.

TL;DR- I finished internship, I've been offered a good job, and I'm just waiting to find a place to live before I move.

giphy.gif

#498 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

That's Awesome to hear! Glad everything is Mostly working in your favor.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#499 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

So, this chick (I really hate that term, but woman/female etc doesn't sound great either... Idk they all seem too impersonal to me) I've been hanging out with and kind of going on a few dates with took a turn for the more serious this previous weekend. There are a few things that need to happen before we can start officially dating on both sides of the equation, but it's looking like I might have found the partner I've been looking for.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users