The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

POPULAR

GUYS I ADOPTED A CAT

His name is Hooch and he's a 3 year old black and white cow cat. He's a heckin' chonker too, he weighs 17 lbs. I love him so much.

He's so lazy and calm, he just wanders from one comfy spot to another, and he sleeps on my feet when we go to bed.

It's good company seeing as I'm living alone in a town with all older people and no friends to hang out with.

giphy.gif

#542 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:35 AM

Daawwwwwwwww <3 Glad you got a kitty! That'll be nice having him as company.

I talked with the hiring manager of that job that gave me the job offer. He said that they aren't hiring right now, but he really liked my resume so he put in a good word for me with some other/similar companies. But I looked into all of the ones that he put in a good word for me with, and all of them pay less than I'm making at the coffee shop, and they all have a lot of overnight work and weekends, and it's all physical labor (mostly pushing road cases) so I've decided to just stick at the coffee shop for a little longer. I'm finally getting more hours, and since so much of my income is untaxed tips (shhhh don't tell the government) it's kind of a hard sell for other jobs to get me to leave the coffee shop. So, yeah, for the foreseeable future I'm gonna keep making coffee. Probably start applying for drafting jobs after I take my first semester in that CADD certificate program. 

On that note, I applied for that CADD certificate program today, just gotta wait until I hear back so that I can apply for it. My uncle (or, second uncle? First cousin once removed? Something like that??) works for a housing company out here and he said that once I've taken a few classes he can probably get me a job doing some drafting for homes. I wasn't planning on working with houses, but drafting is drafting, so it's kind of all the same to me. And if I don't like it, at the very least, it'll be a foot in the door for other drafting jobs. So, I'll start classes in the fall, and probably ask my uncle for a job / start applying for drafting jobs after the holidays. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaand my move out date is 2 weeks from tomorrow!! 

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#543 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

So I've been at the new place for a week and I love it. It's already starting to feel like a home. It only took us a couple days to become fully furnished and fully moved in. It's nice. I have a bathroom attached to my bedroom, which I've never had in my life and I L O V E it. Total game changer. My bedroom is way bigger than I expected it to be, and it isn't even the master bedroom. I also 100% prefer my room over the master. It's only 15sqft smaller, but in the master bedroom the door to the closet, the door to the bathroom, and the door to the living room are all on different walls and in different corners of the room. In my room the door to the bathroom and the door to the living room are on the same wall, and the closet door is in the same corner as the door to the living room, so the layout of the room gives you a lot more space if you're like me and like your furniture to be all in corners. Our upstairs neighbor is one of the guys who I play DnD with, and also my roommate's girlfriend is staying with us for a few weeks, so it's that perfect balance of, like, I still have my own space and I don't feel crowded out but also I'm surrounded by people and it isn't lonely or isolating. Right outside our front door is a really nice pool, but it's not the main pool of the apartment complex so there's almost never anyone there (we're tucked away in like a back corner, I wouldn't even know this pool was here if I didn't live right next to it) so we've gone swimming a couple times out there. I've heard the gym in our apartment complex is really nice, but I haven't checked that out yet. 

Anyways tldr I'm very happy about my new place.

I need to start getting more serious about the career hunt. I had an interview with a company, and it went really well, but I didn't really wanna work for them so I super bailed on the second interview. But like, that was the only interview I've had since graduation, and I haven't really applied for very many places. I think I'm still apathetic about the whole thing because I haven't technically/officially graduated yet, and I still have two months before I officially become a graduate. But I need to start making more money ASAP, and also bonus points if I can land a job that doesn't make my back hurt and/or doesn't fuck up my sleeping schedule.

#544 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

The depression vibes have been hitting real hard lately. Dishes are piling up, I have to scour the pile of clothes on my floor to find something clean to wear, haven't made my bed for weeks, the usual stuff.

It's probably a couple things, mostly loneliness. I spent the last two months apart from my fiance with no visits because neither of us could get time off to visit the other, so that's been brutal. I finally managed to get a day off to go visit her, but it was literally only for part of a day, and instead of making me feel better it just kind of made me worse because it wasn't long enough to be a refreshing visit, you know? Now I miss her even more. Long-distance was hard in the beginning, but now that the wedding is getting closer, it's getting harder and harder to deal with.

I'm also stressed out about this major event I've got coming up this weekend and I feel like I'm way underprepared for because trying to find people to help out has been impossible and trying to do all the prep work alone is tough.

If I can survive this weekend, I think it'll be like topping the hill. After this, everything is just going to be back to my regular schedule which is generally really manageable. My lead pastor is also taking vacation after next week, so I'll be filling in a lot of areas for him there, and oddly enough being busier tends to help pull me out of my slumps.

When I have more work that needs doing, I'm usually able to rise to the occasion, and having someone else depending on me gives me the motivation to work harder.

TL;DR- Ya boi is kinda sad but I'm okay, just throwing out some reflection, helps me sort it in my head.

giphy.gif

#545 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Perfect time to harass your cat for attention whenever you're free lol. My cat is the sweetest and I love having her around. She sleeps with me like your cat, almost every night, she's right there with me. I've had her for like 10 and a half years now though, nothing new. But yeah, now's a good time to bother your cat XD That's good though that you'll be busy soon and hopefully thinking less about depressing stuff.

#546 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:05 AM

So. Finding a good job with my degree is rough, especially since I don't want to go into the Entertainment industry, and my degree is in Entertainment Technology & Design. Even though I've only been out of school for like 4 months, I'm already realizing that I probably need to go back to school and get a better degree if I want any chance of, like, landing a good job. Capitalism sucks. Anyways, I was looking around at what degrees I could get easily from UNLV, with all the classes I've already taken and all of that. I ~MIGHT~ be able to get a BA in Computer Science pretty quickly. There are only 17 classes that I need to take in order to graduate, and 5 of those would be "Application Area" electives, which need to be 300+ level courses outside of the CS department and approved by your academic adviser. If I can get them to count 5 of the classes I've already taken for my literal engineering degree I already got from them to count as those 5 electives, then I could graduate in 4 semesters at 3 classes per semester. I couldn't do it any faster than 4 semesters, because of classes being pereqs for other classes, but that's fine. 3 classes at a time is a small enough load that I wouldn't have to, like, move back in with my parents or anything like that. I'm pretty sure I was doing like 6 or 7 classes every semester my last two years of school so 3 classes is nothing. I'm gonna talk to an academic adviser soon to make sure this is a viable plan and will actually be as fast as it sounds. 

#547 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:46 PM

Best of luck man, sucks that you couldn't land something good with what you've got, but at least you seem to have a decent plan for moving forward.

I'm finally coming to the end of the busiest time I've ever had in my working life. I survived, but I'm gonna have to ask for some time off, I'm approaching burnout territory. The executive board here is pretty understanding and generous though, so I don't think it will be problem. I haven't taken any time off since I had to leave the province back in April, so I need a little break.

Wedding planning is going really well too. We've got all the major stuff nailed down, the venue, the photographer, the decorator, and the caterer are all booked and downpayments are paid. My fiance also has her dress picked out already, so we're doing pretty well considering it's still over 9 months until the wedding. The next step is nailing down a guest list and getting invitations out. It's starting to hit me how real this is now that it's all coming together.

I'm getting married guys holy shit

giphy.gif

#548 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:52 AM

Thanks man! I've found a few jobs that are actually somewhat relevant to my degree that I would be interested in, so I'm gonna apply for those after work tomorrow, but it's way past my bedtime and applying for jobs can make time just disappear.

Dude you made it through the busy part! It's all smooth sailing from here, yeah? Enjoy that time off, relax, you've earned it dude.

And congrats on the wedding dude! It sounds like you're ahead of schedule, so that's dope!!

#549 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:54 PM

Finally found myself a car, after slightly over a year without one for stupid reasons that made it overly hard to get a replacement... 08 HHR with only 100k miles, single owner type car. Very pleased with it thus far.

This past Sunday, after attending my church for over 3 years, I finally took the step and became an actual member.

Roommates getting married in May, we move into his new house in Dec, and between now and May I need to find a new place to call my own.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users