761 replies to this topic

#761 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

So I splurged and bought myself Horizon: Zero Dawn last weekend. This game is gorgeous, and it's a really cool concept. I love the amount of world-building that you can find if you take the time to explore and scan everywhere.

My only gripe so far is that the level-up progression is kind of lame, there's only a small handful of skills that actually seem helpful. Also the melee combat is awkward and clunky compared to how amazing and fluid using the bows and slingshots feel.

I have ~25 hours logged, so far I give it an 8.5/10. Hoping that the later half of the game will get more exciting with cooler machines, I have a feeling I'll give it a higher score when I finish it.

giphy.gif

#762 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

Still haven't finished Horizon, just don't have the free time to play it, I only get maybe an hour or so a night to play games, so I usually go with more pick-up-and-play friendly stuff.

Went on a another fighting game splurge and bought Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, Street Fighter III Third Strike, Darkstalkers Resurrection (Free on PS Plus), Samurai Shodown VI and The Last Blade 2. Collectively only cost me about $35 because there were some sales on.

Post-Super Turbo, Street Fighter games are fast. Hit confirms and cancels are way harder, but playing Third Strike so much lately has conditioned me to be more aware and quicker on my reactions, which has helped my SFV play quite a bit.

The Last Blade 2 is also one of the most polished fighting games I've ever seen. SNK knew what they were doing back in the late 90's and early 2000's. This game is clean, feels super tight, the cast is diverse, and good Lord the sprite animation is gorgeous. Unfortunately it suffers from old fighting game syndrome and the AI is so busted that Arcade mode isn't actually fun, just a Dark Souls style "cheese them out until you win" scenario. Still a dope game though.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users