13 replies to this topic

#1 Damon

Damon
    Veteran
  • Wisconsinite Through and Through

• Veterans
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

The newest Fire Emblem game is for the Nintendo Switch, which means I'll have to buy one if I wanna play it.

The teaser trailer is out. Here's the trailer link!

https://youtu.be/POsTR5iy_TI

Chrom gets his spotlight!

#2 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

That's some PS2 era shading going on there at the end. ew.

Have never been a fan of the warriors games though, so this doesn't really interest me at all. call me if they ever release a real console FE game again.

#3 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

I'm excited I always enjoyed the Warriors games, and I don't see any thing near PS2 shading?

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#4 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

i'm really worried that it's gonna be mostly fates/awakening characters. probably the entire smash roster will be in, so that at least gives us ike, marth, and roy i guess. 

as long as ephraim is in i'll be happy

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#5 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

I suspect it will have the main characters from the biggest titles and recent titles, with a few special mention characters too from either the popularity polls or directors choice.

What I want is a custom avatar character that has different attack styles based on equip - which would make it possible to be magic or physical or ranged based (we see this as possible with great fairy link in hyrule warriors). I also want DLC that will add on many many many characters from all the games as at least minor appearances through skins and such. Like for example, a mage character could end up having Soren skin, Katarina, Nino, etc.

I'm worried we are only going to get 1 character per equipment style. Ike heavy swords, marth 1h swords / rapiers, lyn katana, a mage, a lancer, a mounted warrior, maybe a laguz or manakete, etc. Definitely needs more than this.

What will make or break the game: the maps and unique twists to the game that makes it a bit more than a warriors game.

jHfsg7C.gif

#6 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

I have no interest in Warriors games. But considering my favorite FE game to date is also the most recent FE game on a console, I'm hoping they finally top it with the Switch. But, ya know, with a real Fire Emblem game. Not this garbage.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#7 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

I'm excited I always enjoyed the Warriors games, and I don't see any thing near PS2 shading?

It was an over-exageration, but:

67gXKUHTF2tr7omiDRRA_giphy.gif

Low-res textures, no depth or shadows to be seen (look at how flat the fingers look). Hyrule Warriors looked pretty horrible, so I'm not too surprised, but I guess I expected more from a Switch game?

#8 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

what happened to turn based tictacs

#9 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

We're getting a new 3ds title, and a switch title as well =P

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#10 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

anyone play this yet, just bought it today but wont be getting a chance to play it for a week or two maybe.

jHfsg7C.gif

#11 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

i played it a little. it's a basic warriors game really. the level up screen is fire emblem-y, but other than that it's pretty run of the mill warriors stuff as far as gameplay goes. it's fun enough i suppose.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#12 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

i got my enjoyment out of hyrule warriors (100 hours or so) so itll be a good spur of the moment play type of game for me then.

jHfsg7C.gif

#13 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

Havent played but looked at the roster and was disgusted. looks like they'll be collecting dues from their long-time fans in the form of dlc, cause pretty much all you're getting in the base game is characters from the 3ds games and some original shit. Oh, plus, like... Lyn. And Marth. That's right, they can shoehorn the original lord who nobody gives a fuck about, but anything from Sacred Stones or the Tellius games? PFFFF. Ike, Ephraim, Soren, Mia, Nephenee? Fuck that, try out LISSA. And both genders of Corrin. What a fuckin wreck. One of the best things about the Warriors series is there's a shitload of characters and more with each new title. Perfect for Fire Emblem, since they have hundreds of characters to draw from. Instead they provide less than 30 characters from the franchise. That's less than there are to recruit in, I think, every Fire Emblem game to date. Plus some original characters that won't be drawing anybody to the counter.

Fuck Fire Emblem Warriors, Intelligent Systems phoned it in on that roster

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#14 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Yeah fuck that. At least give us some fucking main characters from older games. If they added in Eirika and Ephraim, Eliwood and Hector, Roy, Ike, Micaiah... Maybe even add in Sigurd and/or Lief?

But I guess they've changed the feel of the franchise so much, it only makes sense to stick to the 3ds era.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)