• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

source: nintendo direct jan 18, 2017. title says it all.

in other news: gaiden remake is coming out soon too. fire emblem warriors is set to launch in fall also.

next month android gets a mobile fire emblem game, but is small maps with rosters of low numbers per battle it looks like, and kinda hints at being microtransactions.

jHfsg7C.gif

#2 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

good lord warriors looks horrendous

Gaiden remake looks awesome (nevermind the MS paint logo).

Mobile game will inevitably be unplayable due to microtransactions. 

New main title on the switch is good to see. Was disappointed by the complete lack of tactical RPGs, nevermind a real FE game, on the WiiU despite it being one of the few things that the controller could actually be of any use for.

Overall, it's pretty great to see that Fire Emblem has (finally) become one of Nintendo's biggest IPs... unfortunately, that seems to have had the side effect of leading to some shitty spinoffs/missed opportunities (looking at you, SMTxFE) like we see with all of their other main titles. As long as it doesn't impact on the quality of the main titles...

and if only the switch wasn't $200 overpriced in Australia. that would be nice too.

#3 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Doesn't hint at transactions, the trailer straight up had them in there. You buy gems which gives new characters. Gaiden remake I'm very happy with, looks decent enough. As long as it isn't as bad as fates I'll buy instantly. Tokyo mirage sessions was a pretty good game imo. Definitely wasn't fire emblem, but I like persona too. I have very little hope for Emblem Warriors. I'm worried it's gonna be 90% fates/awakening characters, and not really give any service to fans of the older games just because they want to pander to people who like the new POS that can't be bothered to have proper characters.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#4 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:19 AM

Waiting for a genealogy of the holy war remake because maybe 5 years ago I read on here that it was good and my patience is as unlimited as my blade works.

#5 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:35 AM

id play warriors. why not, better concept than SMTxFE

gaiden remake? ugh, there are way better early fe titles to remake. oh well, if it's good that's cool

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#6 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

SMTxFE gets the upperhand over Warriors because Toku translated it.

Gaiden remake looks dope.
Warriors just looks so uninteresting. The whole concept of a 1 vs Many just doesn't do anything for me.
Mobile game looks aight, but the voiceover explaining it was the most cringe thing i've heard in a while.
FE Switch's confirmation is more exciting than any other reveal from that Direct tho lol

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#7 WASD

WASD
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hmm looking forward to this... Hoping it's as epic as FE4/5 is likely a pipe dream though. More than likely it will be a visual novel eroge with some strategy slapped onto it as a plot device to introduce new waifus.

#8 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

If only... a Switch remake of 4 and 5.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#9 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Or a new standalone plot with no rehashing, but some sort of extra content mode that has past characters in it.

Also, a true player vs player mode. 

A type of co-op play mode.

Built in virtual console, like Pokemon Stadium in a sense, give us a game mode where we can basically emulate an older FE game.

jHfsg7C.gif

#10 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

PvP is the dream. But like a good PvP. They've gotten closer each time they've implemented it. FE7 had that shit arena room, Fates was onto something with the battles at each other's bases but it wasn't actual PvP.

#11 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

Have blue side in one solid group and can reorder their positions in the starting spots. 

Have red side 1 of 2 options: they could be spread out across the map and have to choose how to maneuver all their units without being able to reorder positions at start but have a slight numbers advantage like 18 instead of 12 as if they were controller a chapter mission enemy side, or have them also start the same positioning style and both teams navigate fog of war.

maps would need multiple pathways and choke points, with the final mission of the short chapter (2?) of Radiant Dawn being a prime example of map setup for this.

Essentially, they just need to add a mode where its chapter-styled full army vs army combat.

jHfsg7C.gif

#12 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

Yeah. Could even have, like, players agree on battle format first, and then blue/red side randomized. I always imagined that playing on a map like this one would be pretty dope, neither side necessarily has a clear cut advantage. But it could also be cool fighting here or something, where red side has to spread their units out from the beginning and blue is concentrated from the start.

Obviously introducing new maps would be optimal, could have some truly neutral stages where the map is more or less symmetrical *cough* for the balanced pvp type. Maybe some other modes could be sieze throne in X turns for blue team and defend throne for X turns as red team. Or even a map like this more or less, where there are multiple thrones and the first to capture them all wins or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)