• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

There are so many PSP games I used to own, or never owned but want to, that are actually really cheap, like $30 or less, a lot of them being way less. So far I've ordered Star Ocean Second Evolution which arrives tomorrow, for my first, loved but no longer own PSP re-buy. And I just this morning ordered a used Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness. My PSTV isn't handheld and portable like a real Vita, obviously, so I can't take Disgaea 4 with me wherever. I also just wanna see where the series originated and how everything all started out.

Anyways, yeah, I think I'm gonna start getting back into PSP gaming. I'd love to know what PSP games any of you FEEFers once loved, or still do love and maybe get some suggestions of games you think I should get, or like a top what to get next RPG list or something or other. Currently I'm planning on eventually rebuying Crisis Core, possibly Jeanne d'Arc, Star Ocean First Departure, and maybe one day both Phantasy Star Portable games. I mainly just want the second one again, but that's pretty pricey now days, like $50 on ebay. Oh and possibly Persona 1 and Persona 3 Portable will be future rebuys. New experience, never played wise, I have the Tactics Ogre remake on my wishlist along with Need for Speed Carbon. Carbon is the best reviewed NFS for PSP. It seems like it has some PSP exclusive changes made and isn't just a dumbed down handheld port, according to one reviewer on Amazon. Tactics Ogre I've never played in any format whatsoever.

Feel free to discuss PSP games you love here, maybe ones I've bought or plan to get eventually, or just suggest other games you think I should look into.

#2 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

I own a PSP and literally the only game I have for it is Persona 3 Portable. Fanstastic port, and being able to choose a female protagonist is amazing, so definitely rebuy that.

Other than I obviously have nothing else to offer.

giphy.gif

#3 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

You should get more PSP games. I remember loving all the ones that I owned. Yeah I definitely need Persona 3 Portable soon. It's not top priority cause I've replayed Persona 3 relatively recently, but I for sure want it to date Shinji again lol And for the fact that you can only get to know all the guys better on the FeMC's path.

#4 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

I remeber using my PSP for mostly digital stuff and PSOne clasics and stuff. I had a bunch of Breath of Fire games that I enjoyed that were both PS3 and PSP compatible.

giphy.gif

#5 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

If you have a PS3 to transfer all that stuff to PSP(now that all WiFi for it has been shut down) then that's a great use for it. I unfortunately still don't have a PS3, so I'll just be getting more PSP games that I used to own or wanna try out.

Although I might slow down on PSP game buying soon. I want Crisis Core next, maybe NFS Carbon and I need to spend $11 getting a spare OEM used PSP charger. I can't stand the generic one I have so I've now unplugged my PSTV and I'm using its power cord until I buy a spare.

After that, I'll probably save for something. Possibly RPG Maker FES, a Vita memory card, or hope for Etrian Odyssey V to finally get announced. But yeah, throughout the year will probably still pick up the occasional PSP game I want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 4 user(s)