21 replies to this topic

#1 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Here we go again folks. Early leaks, fake rumors, announcements in and out of the actual expo - it's all here. What's your call on the good stuff that all companies are going to showcase next week?

I just want my Smash goodness. Rumors abound about a next entry in the Devil May Cry series and, having played the first episode today, I'd love to see what it'd look like on PS4 as well.

http://gematsu.com/2...eaming-schedule

EDIT: Shenmue 3 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 are confirmed not to make an appearance.

sig.gif

#2 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

I was really disappointed by the lack of Diamond/Pearl remake from the Pokemon Direct this week, so I'm holding out hope. I know it's not happening though.

Honestly, I would love to see a new IP from Nintendo. Something brand new to offer on the Switch. Also praying for a Metroid announcement of some kind.

Outside of Nintendo, I'm super pumped to see some more on the Last of Us 2, and whatever else Sony has to offer. They never disappoint at E3.

Maybe a Super Street Fighter V, and I hope they make some huge announcement about Marvel vs Capcom Infinite that will actually make me want the game. I'm not expecting much though.

I remember reading about rumours of a new DMC game coming this year though, so that would be sweet. Especially after the "DmC" reboot was somewhat disappointing. Such wonderful gameplay in such an underwhelming package.

Honestly I've been so busy lately that I'm not even really familiar with what's coming out soon, so I don't know what to be excited for.

giphy.gif

#3 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Honestly, I would love to see a new IP from Nintendo. Something brand new to offer on the Switch. Also praying for a Metroid announcement of some kind.

Haven't you noticed ARMS? It's like Wii Boxing in HD with a colorful cast and typical (in a good way) Nintendo craziness-style design. It's out on the 18th I think?

sig.gif

#4 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

True, I totally forgot ARMS. I acutally think it looks awesome, even though it's basically a more complex Wii Sports Boxing.

I kind of meant like a new franchise. Maybe an RPG or something. Although now that I think about they've announced Xenoblade Chronicles 2, haven't they? Nevermind then, I was just speculating anyway.

giphy.gif

#5 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

Ever Oasis is out, this month I think? And it's a new IP but on 3DS, not Switch.

#6 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=eaHSpUZgW24

Holy shit (or something along those lines)

sig.gif

#7 Leo

Leo
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Location:At the end of a rainbow...damn leprechauns took my gold!

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

Neat trailer, but for some reason hades speaking Japanese bothers me lol. I heard rumors about what Nintendo's presentation is gonna be like, and I hope they're wrong. They basically amounted to Mario odyssey, Mario odyssey, some Pokémon thing, Mario odyssey, new switch ip, "secret announcement", Mario odyssey. Oh and just in case it wasn't clear they might talk about that new Mario game.

This is FEEF

We don't have nachos

We have fruitcake.

#8 Krev McCloud

Krev McCloud
    Deity
  • (っ◔◡◔)っ ~*♥*jet fuel can't melt steel beams*♥*

• Deity
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

I have been waiting over a decade for KH3. My expectations are so fucking high.
But the trailer looks good, I still have every reason to believe that this game will be (sorta) worth the wait.

I'm not saying shit about Nintendo until after the conference. I'm not sold on anything yet, and I'm mad about Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, so I want to hear them at least talk about things before I cast any judgment.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-27%20at%2012.49.

#9 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

From my point of view, Nintendo has announced its big games way too early. Mario, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem (both Warriors and Switch) are among the most hypeworthy stuff from the company, but the developers have all been silent regarding information and footage of their games so we ended up craving for more fresh stuff instead. Which is precisely why E3 will disappoint many players regardless of what'll be shown there. Even if Mario and Xenoblade were to be featured there (and they will), they still won't have that feel of novelty anymore.

All Nintendo has been putting a focus on these past months are Splatoon and ARMS.

sig.gif

#10 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:43 PM

i still think the project codenamed "stars" for switch is still under works tbh, but may not be announced at this e3. i think we hear from it during a later nintendo direct and get it sometime next year, hopefully early. however, due to ultra sun/moon "stars" would be probably holiday 2018 or even later if its a main series game unless ultra sun/moon doesnt take much development resources to push out so quickly.

still think it could possibly be something main-series related and unique or nostalgic. what if we get stadium-esque game again, as the developers of the original stadium are back at work on something but not revealed what or who they are working with.

other than that, e3 wont be big for nintendo this year anyways. they always announce their normal new releases via directs it seems and last year was only a special case because of the obvious massive game everyone in the west went nuts over (botw)

jHfsg7C.gif

#11 Krev McCloud

Krev McCloud
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:09 AM

A stadium type of Pokémon game would be dope. If they discuss Ultra Sun/Moon at all, it needs to be brief. The big push needs to be more good titles for the Switch. Things I'm hoping for and/or predicting: FE Switch, lots of Mario Odyssey, hint at the next Zelda game, waste too much time pushing a glorified mini game (re: Toad's Great Adventure), some non-Smash push for Nintendo esports (Splatoon 2?), and maybe a Sm4sh port. If they announce GameCube games for the virtual console, I think they have a surefire spot as the best conference of the year.

#12 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

The hype for Marvel VS Capcom Infinite has greatly plummeted after:

A) how they butchered the characters' faces

B) the demo was okay but not sufficient

C) Dragon Ball Fighter Z was announced

Sony's conference was a literal shit show. Nothing personal, but this is the year where I think I'm unable to give them credit for anything.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo now.

sig.gif

#13 Krev McCloud

Krev McCloud
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

I'm amazed that there was any hype for MvC:I in the first place. I had lost all hope when they cut the X-Men out of the game.
It seems like they've been distributing a lot of the X-men characters' mechanics amongst other characters. Thor got a big "re-work" from his MvC3 build, but he's basically just Storm. He gets the crazy plinks, a lot of the lightning attacks, and even the dive kick and the big dashes. Ultron seems to have adopted a lot of Wolverine's moveset; obviously there are big visual differences, but it ~seems~ like the overarching concept of heavy offensive pressure, slightly disjointed normals, and just a constant barrage of hitboxes in front of him at all times, plus some downwards scooping aerial normals (the same anti-anti-air options that Wolverine has always had) and some moves with nearly identical hitboxes.
On the Capcom side, we're pretty much just getting X and a bunch of returning characters. A few supposedly credible leaks have stated that we'll be getting Jedah from Darkstalkers and a Monster Hunter character.
So basically, in terms of characters, we're not getting very much that we didn't have before. Some of the "new" characters for Marvel are just old characters with a new face, and the list of new characters is just small regardless.
Gameplay better be fantastic, because so far they've done more to make the MvC fanbase lose interest than they have done to rope in new fans.
DBZ, on the other hand, is looking to be a huge hit. They would honestly have to fuck up the gameplay to an extreme degree in order to not become the fighting game of the year.

So I missed some of Nintendo's conference this morning, but I'm tuning in now and trying to find everything that I missed online. Apparently, this is what has happened:

• Mario Odyssey releases October 27th of this year. That's soon.
  • MAIN SERIES POKEMON GAME FOR THE SWITCH
  • Metroid Prime 4 in development
  • New Kirby game
  • New Yoshi game
  • Rocket League for Switch
  • Some Xenoblade stuff I don't care about
  • Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
  • Metroid for 3DS
  • Breath of the Wild DLC
  • Fire Emblem Warriors

So I think it's safe to say Nintendo won E3 this year. Seems like every other presentation was super underwhelming, but Nintendo brought the heat.

I'm sold on a Switch now. Everything else looked nice and had me intrigued, but Pokemon was the title the Switch needed in order to guarantee that I'll buy one.

#14 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

Ubisoft has actually gotten some praise here and there, for they showed some glorious bits. However, the true winners are a tie between Microsoft and Nintendo for me. Not that I would buy an Xbox, but Microsoft has certainly managed to amaze me and the games looked pretty rad too (including the DBZ reveal).

Basically every conference I expected to be great turned out horrible and vice-versa.

sig.gif

#15 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

Outside of Nintendo, I'm super pumped to see some more on the Last of Us 2, and whatever else Sony has to offer. They never disappoint at E3.

Someone get me a fork, I need to eat these words.

giphy.gif

#16 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

So this wasn't really an E3 announcement, but the news did come out this week. Anyways, in my status I last posted, I mentioned that the .hack//G.U. games were getting a remaster for PC and PS4. Well now today Bandai Namco has trademarked the remaster's title in Europe. Localization chances are looking good.

Actual E3 announcements wise, I'm looking forward to Ni no Kuni II and Xenoblade 2. I don't have a PS3 for the original Ni no Kuni, but once I get a PS4, the sequel is supposed to be completely separate and have maybe some small things for people that played the original to notice, but shouldn't be too confusing for a newcomer to the series supposedly. If I had a PS3, I'd play the original first but I think I'll just go ahead and enjoy the sequel.

Xenoblade 2, as long as it doesn't get any ridiculous changes in the western version, I'm really excited for. But I don't think I'll be saving to get a Switch till next year. Gonna focus on PS4 this year.

#17 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

Xenoblade 2 looks fucking awful tbh. Will wait for gameplay, but not excited for it at all anymore.

Sony conference lacked any surprises but everything they showed off (aside from VR bullshit) was solid. I actually hope they change things up a bit in the SOTC remake because playing through the exact same game with prettier graphics isn't my idea of fun. God of war looks incredible.

Anthem looks like it could be decent, but I'm really not into the whole cooperative mmoshooter thing.

beyond good and evil 2 was def the highlight, even if it's not going to come out in the next decade

#18 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

they only ever show off low level stuff for xenoblade, most likely the reason why it looks bad which i dont deny but same thing happens when you compare trailer gameplay footage of the lvl 5-15 stuff of xenoblade X to the stuff later in the game around 50-60 let alone postgame where things are much more akin to an mmo with quick rotation based gameplay. but just looking at the new xenoblade they showed, the 2-3 weapons build with 3-4 skills each and swapping them around in "stance dancing" at such an early level does show potential that late game could be radically different. just keep it open to consider, you will have at least me here getting it asap and playing a very hefty amount of time investment on it even if it suffers from the same poor plot writing that X did and giving it a review from early/mid/late game.

i still need to go through and look at all the trailers because ive only watched a few things from e3.

jHfsg7C.gif

#19 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

The Xenoblade trailer has indeed frightened me a little but the gameplay has quickly made me feel better. It looks solid (for Xenoblade standards) and seems to have improved a lot of things. Interface is sexy if I do say so myself.

sig.gif

#20 Mav-o Lombardi

Mav-o Lombardi
    Uber
  • Prefers the Air

• Uber
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Metroid's got me super hype. Hoping to have a Switch by the time Prime 4 comes out, and I'm so glad to finally get the 2D Metroid game on 3DS that I've been waiting like 5 years for. I love 2D Metroid more than anything man, I'm so happy.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users