Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

https://youtu.be/rkux5h0PeXo

So, with E3 back in June, we had the wonderful delight in seeing the announcement of Fire Emblem Three Houses!

US is getting a Console Release AGAIN! The game looks BEAUTIFUL, the addition of the basic army units on the map is a GREAT touch of extra detail that will help it feel more like ARMY vs ARMY and not, my 8 units vs 15+ enemies. I hope it makes i feel more immersive, and I caught the icon above their heads detailing their MUG... I hope they might have co-op play, and those were actually other player's who've chosen a character and that was a "Switch" above their head with their player choice mug, that would be AMAZING! Though, I doubt it is that, but i hope it is.

EDIT:

So, Watched the trailer again, and noticed that there was a "Triangle Attack" Formation with the Main unit + his Army units. Or so it seemed, as well as Skills Used with the flash of the characters face. So This might get into more complex army usage for certain characters per mission... I'm looking forward to this even more now.

Anyways, I'm a bit ashamed that this topic hasn't been made by now... I know we're not the most active currently, but seriously... We're a "Fire Emblem Forum" it's in our url.... it's been almost 3 months guys...

Edited by Scuiriot, 08 September 2018 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#2 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Just look at these:

https://www.imageshack.us/my/images

idk if this worked, but it was very restrictive on what i could link... and they were to big to attach so...

but it shows your choices for combat being attack/magic/combat skills/formation/etc

and it also shows the aggro of each enemy within range of the main character hovered at the time.

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#3 Naya

Naya
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

I'm waiting to see how it's localized and if we have waifu kids again. Kinda tired of the grinding for perfect kids crap, I'd prefer more traditional but with the 3DS games' added options of side grinding & no perma-death. And I know you all hate my views on censorship but I played Conquest till chapter 20 something and it honestly felt like any soul the game had was sucked out. Perhaps it never had a soul to begin with, idk but I do know I didn't like it. I'll buy the new FE if it's well localized and isn't the same overly fan serviced crap. I mean I like super anime styled JRPGs, but I want the game to be more about a good story. Oh also, I hated that half of Fates' cast were basically copy pasted from Awakening.

I will say that the Three Houses trailer looked cool, but I'll wait and see, I'm skeptical of new FE games now. I loved Awakening, but I want something new. Ended up loving Stella Glow as an SRPG way more than any FE game on 3DS.

#4 wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube

wwwwwwwwwhats up youtube
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:52 AM

The trailer looked dope as hell, and I'll probably end up buying it either way. I hate how waifu-heavy the franchise is getting, though, and I hope they don't do what they did in Fates and make the whole game based around deciding which of your siblings you want to fuck. I miss the old days when they put characters like Dorothy in the game and the story actually mattered and killing a dragon was more important than titties. 

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#5 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

yeah i really think im just done with FE, not to be a hater but i really cannot enjoy the games even when i go in with a positive mindset. i recall seeing this trailer during e3 but i honestly forgot all about the existence of it cos i was looking at this topic title and thinking if this was a fan game or something. 

i watched the trailer again and it at least doesnt look like it was directed the same as awakening and fates so idk..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

#6 Toku

Toku
    Administrator
  • corporate shill and vampire of emotions

• Administrators
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

I'm excited. As long as it doesn't do what Radiant Dawn did to supports, I'm on board. Wouldn't mind a kids generation, as long as it's not as fucking contrived as what Fates tried to do.

Endeavors - Flock - Pantheon - FEEFgame - FE: Metamorphosis - Sprite Library

I'm at Atlus now and I miss you all

#7 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

I'm excited. As long as it doesn't do what Radiant Dawn did to supports, I'm on board. Wouldn't mind a kids generation, as long as it's not as fucking contrived as what Fates tried to do.

I actually ever got around to playing Radiant Dawn all the way through, and I never touched Fates... Maybe that's why I'm so hopeful :P

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Posted Image

#8 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

Radiant Dawn expanded on the class system in a smaller way than Awakening or Fates, but I think hit all the right notes. I played through it several times, being arguably my favorite one in the series as I look back (the argument being 7 got me hooked and had some of my favorite characters, while I have not played almost any of the titles prior to 7). The only issue I had with it was that some characters either had too little time or growth stats to grow into late-game lvls, poor or lack of interesting qualities, or were Meg. The gameplay differences of this one I enjoyed, it felt as though the story was just long enough, had good and almost too much of a challenge depending on difficulty, and imo the best "skill system".

If three houses is even remotely more like Radiant Dawn than Fates, it's an instant buy and play for me.

jHfsg7C.gif

#9 Karino

Karino
    Veteran
  • embarrassing myself on the regular

• Veterans
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

Basically anything that isn't going to just be Incest Simulator: the Game would be a massive improvement already . Can't help but feel like having a created character who isn't the main character would be smart, too, if there's an avatar again. Robin was OK but super bland and Corrin only avoided being bland by being the dumbest person in the entire universe. If they can't write a compelling created character then they shouldn't take up so much focus. A step back from waifu simulation would be nice too but if that's what it takes to keep getting games localized I don't hate it as much as the other weird stuff.

send help

#10 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:05 AM

I'm way less tolerant of IS's bullshit ever since Awakening, but Echoes was a great FE game, without the waifu stuff and whatnot (and that sweet full voice acting!). It's too early to tell in what direction they'll take this game, but hopefully in the right one.

Also this trailer looks bad. Like... the game looks so unfinished, pretty sure PoR, RD and most - if not all - the 3DS games are more pleasing to look at than this large-scale game set to release in 2019 on a HD platform

sig.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fire, Emblem, Three, Houses, Switch, Nintendo, Console, Game, Hype

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users