832 replies to this topic

#821 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Finished Sakamoto. That was depressing. Finished JoJo: Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. I think Battle Tendency was its peak and everything slowly went down from there.

Newest hype: Attack on Titan's eventual end and Promised Neverland's growing success.

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#822 WASD

WASD
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

So much anime out there, so I've never got into watching airing anime. I mean, I guess it could be fun discussing the latest eps with friends... Except I like watching stuff at my own pace. Besides, it's terrible being left at a cliffhanger and having to wait an entire week for the conclusion (only for that to also end in a cliffhanger).

So I only watch the most obscure shit pretty much and avoid the mainstream ones since I'm edgy like that. Latest was Natsuiro Kiseki? Kinda cute slice of life if you're into stuff like that. Been looking for scans of the manga of it, no one's translated it so I figured I could give it a shot to help with my Japanese studies. Can't find it anywhere unfortunately though..

#823 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity
  • Secretly Jarly this whole time.

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

Uhhh, so it's 2017 and I ~finally~ started Naruto a couple months ago. I know it's really cliche, but I actually did like it a lot. Lived up to the hype, good action, really solid character development.
The problem I have with it is that it's so inconsistent. Like, the end of the series just doesn't seem to exist in the same reality as the beginning. Especially the way they started changing the Sharingan. In the beginning it was basically just really good eyesight, and by the end of the series it let you summon giant monsters and shit? Like, that bugs me.
But anyways it ended up a lot better than I expected.

landscape-1525605402-childish-gambino-da

#824 Lune

Lune
    Uber
  • Manonman

• Uber
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

Ending ships gave me mixed reviews. Are you going to continue with Boruto?

I missed this sig.

Posted Image

MC i love you.

<3

#825 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Ending ships gave me mixed reviews. Are you going to continue with Boruto?

Okay so

I've been following Naruto on the DL ever since it started airing in North America. Back when me and my best friend were hardcore weebs, we'd hang out every week and watch Naruto. We did this for the entire first series. During the jump to Shippuden when all that was aired were filler episodes and reruns, we kinda stopped watching and never got back into it. But I've been low-key keeping up with it all along.

I am so mad. The whole "where are they now" ending thing was so upsetting. Sakura gets Sasuke and Hinata gets Naruto? I'm salty as hell.

giphy.gif

#826 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

I'll end up watching the Boruto series at some point. I watched the Boruto movie and it seems like something I could get into, but it's not ~the same~ so I'm gonna take a little break before I jump into that.
Yeah the ships at the end were ass. Sakura x Sasuke is the stupidest ship I've ever seen.
It should have been
Sakura x Rock Lee. They left Lee too underdeveloped of a character, and they brought up his love for Sakura ~a little bit~ early on and then just abandoned the whole concept? Dumb. Plus what's the point of trying to have Sakura develop into a stronger character throughout the course of the show (key word being try, but that's another conversation) if she still ends up pursuing a childish and unhealthy crush on somebody who treats her like shit? It's bad writing, honestly.
Naruto x Hinata is fine but they should have written it better. They had barely any interaction at all throughout the entire series and the relationship seemed way too forced, and barely holds any more appeal than if it were Naruto x some random villager. But I guess Boruto being a descendant of the Hyuga clan might set up some cool stories down the road. If they don't do something cool with that, I'll be extremely disappointed.
Sasuke x nobody. Taking a wife doesn't fit with Sasuke's whole character development at the end of Shippuden. Sasuke isn't even open to the idea of replacing his missing arm because he feels he needs to atone for his sins first, but he has no problem with getting married and starting a family? It doesn't add up.

I agree with Shikamaru x Temari. That's actually something I totally shipped as far back as the chunin exams.
Ino x Sai is stupid, and seems like just throwing random characters together for the sake of it. Same with Choji x Karui.

#827 The Great Red Bear

The Great Red Bear
    Uber
  • bearsbearsbearsbearsbears

• Uber
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

To shamelessly seem like a weeb, I've been shipping Shikamaru and Temari for as long as I've watched the show. I have a bunch of old fanfictions that I favourited back in grade school about them. I was so happy they made that canon.

Sakura x Lee would have been even more awkward and forced than Sakura x Sasuke, IMO. But Lee was a dope character that they should have done more with anyway.

Sasuke needed to be alone, because that's what he would have done. Let's be honest here.

Maybe this is unpopular, but I still wanted Naruto x Sakura. I don't care if it would have been cliche, the main character is suppsoed to get the girl. It was such a huge motivating factor for Naruto's whole character for most of the series, and they like just threw it out near the end of Shippuden for no good reason.

I haven't seen anything about Boruto yet, definitely going to wait for the original series to settle and the salt to wear off first.

giphy.gif

#828 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:42 AM

I don't know if Sakura x Lee would have been ~more~ forced than Sakura x Sasuke. I don't know that anything could be more forced than Sakura x Sasuke, since a key aspect of Sasuke's character was that he truly genuinely gave absolutely zero fucks about Sakura, so to have them magically end up together is completely contradictory to who Sasuke is as a person.

I get the Naruto x Sakura ship. I just hate Sakura way too much to agree with it. But it would make way more sense than Sakura x Sasuke, and I think I would be a lot more okay with it.

#829 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Finally watching Boku No Hero Academia.
Spoiler

#830 Krevin

Krevin
    Deity

• Deity
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Finally watching Boku No Hero Academia.
Spoiler
Caught up on Boku No Hero Academia last night.
Spoiler

#831 Xyan

Xyan
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

Rewatching hunter x hunter, still keeping up to date 100% with boku no hero and seven deadly sins, and keeping up as much as i can with some others including shokugeki no souma and the new stein's gate.

jHfsg7C.gif

#832 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

Watching, My Hero Acadamia, Attack on Titan, Loved All of Voltron, Gary and his Demon's has been hilarious!

Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#833 M.C MyZtery

M.C MyZtery
    Uber
  • hazel bubble chu~

• Uber
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

what about jojo vento aureo anyone watching that? new episode out today. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Credit for Flareon siggy goes to November

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users