• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Urath_Dagon

Urath_Dagon
  • Lord of Newbs

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

Any one else play the original one for Playstation?
Posted Image
Posted Image
War of the Mercenaries- A story different than what you've heard before!

#2 Feury

Feury
  • Advanced like a Gameboy

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

I loved this spin off series so much, the GBA game lead me to play FE7 so if it wasn't for that, I may have never played a fire emblem game. GASP
It's a great series, they got progessively worse in my opinion sadly. The original had unique character classes. The GBA game was cool but the story line was kind of a cry fest. The DS game wasn't too bad, but I hated the Bazaar system to get items, and the random encounters with enemies were seriously underleveled, and I hated the experience system as it didn't make sense comparing it to the original PSX and GBA games.
Posted Image

#3 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

I liked FFTA, except the random chance non repeatable missions made me cry / reset many a time.

#4 Dave

Dave
    Webmaster
    Administrator
  • OH GOD

• Webmaster
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Loved the PSP remake, and FFTA. FFTA 2 was decent as well.

You really need to learn when to use apostrophes, btw.

#5 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

Almost the same story as Feury's but... it was FFTA2 that lead me to ply FE8.

Anyways, I tried PSX FFT and I liked... even I accidentally deleted it (yay emulation) and never bothered to download it again ):

FFTA, awesome but like Kai said ''except the random chance non repeatable missions made me cry / reset many a time.'' + story... w/e, über Viera Assassin was all I needed!

FFTA2... meh... after about 2-3 hours I didn't bother to play it anymore :/
Dunno why, even it was harder, better story and all... maybe I was too much into FE back then.
I got 99 probelms but my speling aint one

Posted Image

#6 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

POPULAR

FFT and I have a special relationship. I first played it back when it was rare, before they re-released it as a Greatest Hits game. I paid like 50 bucks for a used copy. Really it was on a lark, I had seen it in a Gamepro issue when it first came out a year or two before that, and thought it looked neat, but didn't understand the concept. Mostly the design of characters and maps attracted me. I took it home, got started, and man. The idea of a video game that is like chess on Quaaludes was revolutionary to me. This was when I was like... 13. Londubh came over to spend the night a couple weeks later or so and I convinced him to try it. After not liking the first battle at all, he kept going and quickly was hooked just as hard as me. We went out to the mall several times over the next few months trying to find him a copy, and eventually he got one, paying even more than I did. At our age, 50-60 bones was no joke at all.

We played it all the time. We talked on the phone while we played it, shared the secrets we discovered (it wasn't until much later that we bothered to try to look up game secrets at all, most of them we just discovered on our own). It was awesome to just discover how to recruit Beowulf, Cloud, Worker 8, etc. We both brought our entire parties up to level 99 and then kept going, wanting to master every skill with every character. We started new games after that, and again and again. For all that play time I've probably only beaten the game 4-5 times, having started probably around 20-25 new games on it. It's a seriously great experience. The gameplay is so smooth, the mechanics are simple, the maps are fun, and the storyline is one of the best I've seen. And the music!

For... let's see, it's been about 11 years now... for that long, FFT has ranked as my favorite game of all time. I kinda doubt that it'll ever be beaten in my eyes for that title, although when I started to experience Fire Emblem, it came damn close. Still, FFT has a very special place in my heart.

As for the spinoff series, we were very excited when we heard about it but disappointed at the final product. I eventually learned to like it for it's own merits, but to me it's a completely different thing, not worthy of the FFT name. In fact, FFTA is the reason i became sore (and continue to be sore) at Square merging with Enix. I kinda blamed FFTA's disappointments on that.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#7 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

FFTA2 is the best. I've not played the remake on PSP, but I know that.

sig.gif

#8 Urath_Dagon

Urath_Dagon
  • Lord of Newbs

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Holy crap! Did not expect this kinda of reaction to one of my Favorite games. Ive played and beat FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, but I have yet to own the PSP remake :(. If it wasnt for FFT I never would have looked it up and the internet witch is how I found FE. After that not much can be said except for that I was sucked into both of the game series'.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Weee!!

This thread made me to play FFT again and... I <333333 it! and gets pissed of at the same time by facing 2 goblins and 3 chocobos...*hates that choco cure thingy*

But... I realized that skill might be good for lvling :whistle:

Posted Image

#10 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

Loved the PSP remake, and FFTA. FFTA 2 was decent as well.

A2 was a disappointment, and unfortunately, it's the only game I've played in the series.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#11 Smiley the Joker

Smiley the Joker
    Veteran
  • Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

• Veterans
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

I loved the one on PS1 soooo much. It was just great all around. The one for GBA was good but it didn't live up to the first one. It was ruined by judges, rules, and a bad plot.

I swear to god, Smiley is just a less twisted version of me.

Posted Image]Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

A2 was a disappointment, and unfortunately, it's the only game I've played in the series.

So, don't play the others.

sig.gif

#13 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

^Don't listen to him.

At least FFTA is (maybe) worth of trying since it's short (even it's kinda fucked up) and FFT, that's more than just worth of trying even I'm still kinda unsure of using magics and other skills that doesn't happen right away when you use a skill/ cast a spell (they like start readying/casting it and does/casts them bit later) but I think it's brilliant, you can't cast powerful magic and laugh at that group of enemies that just died, you have to more or less tactical when readying/casting stuff :3
(Hope so that makes some sense... but hopefully somebody gets what I tried to say... -.-'')

Posted Image

#14 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

So, don't play the others.

loly?

Yeah, I definitely wanna try out Lion's War whenever I get me a PS3, and I'll prolly play FFTA if I can get my hands on it.
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#15 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

I just realized something...

IT"S LIKE CHESS!

Some people says same about FE too... and, I can see only 2 same thing is chess and FFT(A)/FE:
- All are tactical turn based strategy games.
- You have 1 unit that you don't want to lose (main character(even at least in FFTA series, he may fall during random quests and clan battles)/ lord unit/ king).

Posted Image

#16 Urath_Dagon

Urath_Dagon
  • Lord of Newbs

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

I just realized something...

Some people says same about FE too... and, I can see only 2 same thing is chess and FFT(A)/FE:
- All are tactical turn based strategy games.
- You have 1 unit that you don't want to lose (main character(even at least in FFTA series, he may fall during random quests and clan battles)/ lord unit/ king).

Those are the exact points I was talking about lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

So, in FFTA or FFTA2, what is great about a sage ?

sig.gif

#18 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

Those are the exact points I was talking about lol

... ... ... ...
Not much enough points to say that ´´it's like chess´´ IMO....
But w/e...

Posted Image

#19 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

Dude, powerleveling in FFT was always so easy. You just need to train a monk for a while to get chakra and revive. You kill all the monsters except ONE on a random map battle, then surround him so he can't move. make sure none of the units surrounding him has counter, or they may kill him if attacked. the just have your characters attack each other while your monk chakras them occasionally, maybe have a priest healing and getting their MP healed by chakra to keep doing it. repeat for an couple hours and you've gone up like 15-20 levels. lolololol

Of course, this kinda gays things up, so I tend to do short training sessions like this about 4-5 times over the course of the playthrough just to bump up my levels a little and get some skills i've been saving up for.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#20 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

So, in FFTA or FFTA2, what is great about a sage ?

Nu Mous = Great magicians.
Sage = Great spells.

Dude, powerleveling in FFT was always so easy. You just need to train a monk for a while to get chakra and revive. You kill all the monsters except ONE on a random map battle, then surround him so he can't move. make sure none of the units surrounding him has counter, or they may kill him if attacked. the just have your characters attack each other while your monk chakras them occasionally, maybe have a priest healing and getting their MP healed by chakra to keep doing it. repeat for an couple hours and you've gone up like 15-20 levels. lolololol

Of course, this kinda gays things up, so I tend to do short training sessions like this about 4-5 times over the course of the playthrough just to bump up my levels a little and get some skills i've been saving up for.

Powerlvling for couple hours? Impossible for me, I have always fed up in short time when I have been powerlvling but oh well, at least this won't be too easy to beat the game then (:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)