Viera
Red Magic
Summoning
Blood Price

it's possible
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#22 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

I liked FFTA. It was my favorite game for a long time. I probably would have loved FFT if I played it.

#23 XX++Archangel__Darkangel//

XX++Archangel__Darkangel//
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

Doublecast elementals were secks.

#24 Bearistoopro

Bearistoopro
    Veteran
  • 9 or 10.

• Veterans
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

your usage of apostrophes is insulting on multiple levels

anyway didn't like FFTA1, liked FFTA2.

oh and lol if you guys are just discovering the easiest way to break FFTA2. Sage/Time Mage + Juggler/x (preferably Bard) = easy way to get haste on five units. Have the juggler equip Tiptaptwo (or fucking anything, they're almost always going first), smile toss to the sage, and (assuming you're in a 3 x 2 formation, which is almost always the case) move the sage and use haste so that it'll affect almost all of your units including himself. oh and having the sage do an infinite loop of quickening between him and a juggler = free ultima blows to anyone and pretty much infinite movement.

yeah this game is fucking easy to break. Blue Magic and MP Channeling testify to this constantly.
Posted Image

#25 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

^Lol, one Viera Assassin (+Elementalist/Sniper (and at least Reflex from Fencer)) is enough.

Yay, just one battle and then chapter 1 of FFT beaten :3 (Bwaha! Die Algus DIE!!!)

E: Secret of FF black mages has been discovered! Or... actually not.
http://www.icybrian....sai/wizhead.jpg
(What? I love fanart hunting??)
I got 99 probelms but my speling aint one

Posted Image

#26 Peppy Hare-nest

Peppy Hare-nest
    Veteran
  • Autopromotion

• Veterans
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

Nu Mous = Great magicians.
Sage = Great spells.

I see.
Poc >> I've played that. ._.

sig.gif

#27 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

breaking FFT generally involves getting a calculator. That's all, really. Get a calc, master all the calculator skills. Until you get the calc job, you'll train them as a priest, oracle, wizard, and time mage. Get a bunch of badass moves, like holy and flare. then once they've mastered calc, switch em to a class with badass magic power, like a wizard or summoner, equip them to max out magic power, maybe add a little speed. And blast every enemy to nothing in 1-2 moves.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

cocaine from Bolivia and fucking Fran on the starboard deck."

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#28 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

Mmmm, maybe I should at least try that... at least when there's kinda hard battle like against Miluda(first time... damn for taking 3 females... <_<) or Wiegraf (yay for stopping chocobo and monk, and charming other monk :whistle: (lol, that charmed monk defeated Wiegraf D:))

Posted Image

#29 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:26 PM

Lemme just warn you ahead of time, because for many people this screws up the game:

Certain battles later will be at castles, and they are consecutive battles. You have an opportunity to save in-between, but what some people don't realize is that if you're saving only one slot, you could end up in a fight that's too hard for you and not be able to go back and train to get stronger. So for those, I recommend having two seperate saves so you have a backup one in case your current fight is unwinnable.

And it can happen. There are a couple times in the game (Riovanes Castle being the biggest one) where the difficulty of a battle can be pretty severe. In the particular case of Riovanes, let me clue you in to make sure your main character is powerful. Also a good idea to have a couple high-spd units in your party for another battle in the riovanes set.

BTW, having a calculator is necessary for certain things that some gamers will want to do, like stealing all of a certain boss's "Genji" gear. Having a calculator just makes impossible tasks possible.

Yosh on comparing Final Fantasy characters: "Balthier would kill Tidus with a ship. WHILE smuggling 20 kilos of uncut

NITRO/DURF/THUNK/LUNE/SEH/MIDIAN/DRSEXSTIX/JARLAXLE/KALEIDO/YOSHIQUACK/OMEGABLASTER/BYOXXYL

MATSUO/SMILEYTHEJOKER/MOONSTRUCKTIMBERWOLF/PETUH/GRANDSAGE/BONERSTORM/DATH/NOVEMBER

#30 Serene Flight

Serene Flight
    Veteran
  • Stalker-san

• Veterans
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Thankies (:

Certain battles later will be at castles, and they are consecutive battles. You have an opportunity to save in-between, but what some people don't realize is that if you're saving only one slot, you could end up in a fight that's too hard for you and not be able to go back and train to get stronger. So for those, I recommend having two seperate saves so you have a backup one in case your current fight is unwinnable.

Yeah, I realized that I had that problem when I was kind while I was playing random game :)
So, I'm using save states (when starting to play, it's faster to just load the game from save state that ''memory card'' (emulation :whistle: ))

And it can happen. There are a couple times in the game (Riovanes Castle being the biggest one) where the difficulty of a battle can be pretty severe. In the particular case of Riovanes, let me clue you in to make sure your main character is powerful. Also a good idea to have a couple high-spd units in your party for another battle in the riovanes set.

*Excited* :jump:
Here I come, hard battles :gun:

Posted Image

#31 Ace

Ace

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

The original FFT was one of my favorite PS games. I loved FFTA as well, and put over 100 hours into it. Didn't play much of FFTA2 for some reason, just didn't like it all that much.

#32 Urath_Dagon

Urath_Dagon
  • Lord of Newbs

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Not a lot of people actually knew about the four other classes, they didnt care about anything else once they got the class that they wanted. I alway lvl all my classes to max so I unlock all the classes I would have to say the Mime is a very fun class. The bard is always my healing person as my dancer strikes my foes with her awesome dance that attacks all enemies on the screen. I never really knew how to use the Calculator class though <_< lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
War of the Mercenaries- A story different than what you've heard before!

#33 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

i overcharged my friends debit card to dl FFT on his ps3 >.< i loved this game and still do. all of em FFT FFTA and FFTA2.
Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#34 Jupies

Jupies
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

i overcharged my friends debit card to dl FFT on his ps3 >.< i loved this game and still do. all of em FFT FFTA and FFTA2.

I got a psone copy while they were still cheap :3
And THEN got the PSP remake as well. Be careful, the metagame no longer revolves around calcs, because you can't use calculators in multiplayer :/
They're too broken or something, apparently.

As for FFTA2... Eh. Better than the first, but still nowhere near as good as the PS ones.
Ash: I didn't know Vikings still existed..
Brock: They mostly live in Minnesota!

#35 Scuiriot

Scuiriot
    Uber
    Contributor
  • Squirrely Wrath!

• Uber
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

/agree FFT was by far the best of them all.
Posted Image
^ <3 Nova.

Wolff should've been reclassed to squirrel.

Posted Image

#36 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

calculators possibly too broken? more like definitely too broken. they are like gods among men.

access to almost any spell (including holy and flare) + no mp cost to perform them + enough mathematical options to basically target any combination of enemies/allies on the field, anywhere + no negative effects of having the calculator as a secondary skill = badass super magic attack pumped unit that can destroy anything and everything in a single turn.

#37 Jupies

Jupies
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

calculators possibly too broken? more like definitely too broken. they are like gods among men.

access to almost any spell (including holy and flare) + no mp cost to perform them + enough mathematical options to basically target any combination of enemies/allies on the field, anywhere + no negative effects of having the calculator as a secondary skill = badass super magic attack pumped unit that can destroy anything and everything in a single turn.

Not to mention Ramza can run it no problem because he has the MA growth of a woman, in addition to scream, which is just broke anyway.
But there's still something to be said for a cleverly geared Orlandu.
Ash: I didn't know Vikings still existed..
Brock: They mostly live in Minnesota!

#38 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Orlandu's pretty much broken no matter what his gear is. if he has a sword, he's broken.

#39 Daniel

Daniel
  • Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

My second obsession

BTW, I've got a role-play up.

(Sorry for reviving another "dead topic." Curse my Blaggi Blood!)

#40 Yosh

Yosh
    Administrator
  • Tramontate, stelle!

• Administrators
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

if you haven't, you should definitely try the original. IMO (and many others') it's WAY better than ffta and ffta2 in every way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)