Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny

Johnny

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:14 AM

Now that I have a summer job, I'm planning on getting a PS3 in about a month or so.

I've got two games in mind that I'm gonna get already, but I wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions as to other games that'd be worth buying as well.

So far I've got:
-Street Fighter IV
-FF XIII

This list could change based on your participation.

Posted Image

#2 Gypsum

Gypsum
  • cyaz shiela

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

Demon Souls.

Also, get Super Street Fighter IV instead.

you fucked up son

#3 Nitro

Nitro
    Uber
  • overmind

• Uber
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

You'll probably regret ff13. Get fallout if you havent, mgs4 is fun, and definitely uncharted 2.

#4 Metronome

Metronome
    Deity
  • That's 9ffensive!

• Deity
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

Replay old pokemon and mario.
Posted Image

#5 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

I'll prolly make a really big post here soon. >.<
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#6 Major

Major
    Veteran
  • Advanced Member

• Veterans
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

Star Ocean, Red Dead Redemption, Disgaea (I can never spell that series right >.>) 3
Yosh's signature got me hooked =_=
http://sir-zairon.mybrute.com

Posted Image

Kel: Fire Emblem D20
Posted Image

#7 Y_Q

Y_Q
    Veteran
  • Livin' the dream

• Veterans
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

Borderlands.

30bct1w.gifYQsigofpwnage.giflatias.gif
Banner made by former FEEF'er Shadow Wolf

#8 Erif

Erif
    Uber
  • Who the hell is Vi?

• Uber
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Open World/Sandbox

Infamous-
I guess I'll start with my favorite genre of game, and with one of the first games I played for the PS3. It has also become one of my favorites for the PS3. Many think that Prototype is superior, that being able to control an overpowered shapeshifting baddie who can leap between buildings and take out an entire block with just the flick of his hand is better than anything a slower, less powerful electrified hero has to offer, but I prefer the latter. Cole's powers are cool but not too over the top, and he's a fun character to play with. Climbing works incredibly well and fast. The open world environment is great, and the challenge is definitely present, not only in missions but even roaming freely about the three burrows of the city. The game requires you to gradually restore electricity- which is your main source of energy and health- to different parts of the city, in which many enemies will take refuge, so walking into those areas is no walk in the park. But, in return, you always unlock a new, unique power after restoring electricity, which opens up more options of exploration and destruction. Morality is also a large aspect in the game, as it affects power upgrades, the way the fairly linear NPCs treat you, and the overall "ending" of the game. Throw in an interesting plot and backstory that is mostly revealed by collected satellite messages, and you've got a very solid game. I do admit, it has its fair share of problems that need to be weeded out (the NPCs are incredibly annoying and predictable, the plot can go by very quickly, morality could be more complex, sometimes you'll feel a couple of missions have gotten a little tedious, a little glitchy, powers a plentiful but you may feel the want for more, a little more character development is needed, etc.), but that just leaves me a little more anticipated for the upcoming sequel. Trust me, it's a fun fuckin' game. And I assume you can buy it cheap now.

Red Dead Redemption-
Have you played GTA?

If you haven't, try it out. If you have, don't listen to people who say "o ya its liek GTA wif horss nd oldr gunz", because it has a completely different feel to it. RDR is an extremely fun, addicting game, and it's twice as big as Infamous. Heck, it may even have a bigger world than GTA4. =D Combined with a decent story, good, down-to-earth characters, solid dialogue, and very few limits, tons of different missions and miscellaneous extras (hunting, gambling, bounty hunting, etc.), and unbelievably unique online gameplay, RDR makes for one of the best games on the PS3. Period. One of my biggest issues with the game is that it's just too damn easy, or at least where I am in the game it is. And really, the Dead-Eye ability just aggravates the problem. But it's still fun. Walking into a scum-infested hostage house with only a Double-Barrel has never been more satisfying, nor has shooting off a giant horde of criminals trying to flank you from three sides. Good times.

Goddamn good graphics too, especially the character designs and faces.

Farcry 2-
This game is fuggin' hard. D: Really, the lack of an autosave function really hurts. A lot. But nevertheless, a good, challenging game. You're a mercenary hired to kill an arms dealer- The "Jackal"- who's been been fueling both sides of an small African war, and by the looks of it, things aren't going very well. From day one The Jackal scouts you out and leaves you for dead. Then you are forced to work for the mercenary who has saved your life. Pretty intense. Let me warn you, this is a gritty game. It is unrivaled for it's grittiness. Malaria will randomly inflict you in battle. Weapons will jam on you. The shabby cars break down frequently. Snipers will seem like they come out of nowhere. It' hard to see enemies in bushes. Close quarter combat is gruesome.

Let me explain the heath system in the game. This game uses a mix of the traditional health bar and regeneration. So, you have about five bars of health, all making up one big bar. Say you take a far-ranged shotgun blast. The fist bar will go down about half-way, and then start regenerating once you stop sustaining damage. Now say you take a blast at close-range. Chances are you'll probably lose the whole bar of health. After you lose a whole bar of health, it will not regenerate, unless a syringe is used. This is repeated until you reach your last bar of health, which will, instead of regenerate, degenerate. To prevent the degeneration from happening any longer, you'll be forced to stop what you're doing, find some sort of cover, and tend the the wound one the spot. Stuff like pulling out bullets (with a knife or your teeth) and popping out a dislocated shoulder on the spot.

This game is pretty intense, especially if you are new to shooters. It requires you to scout out enemy outposts so you can flank from the right positions, rather than walking straight through and getting your ass handed to you. This game is very realistic as in it doesn't really allow you to bust in an kick ass, and the situations of battle can quickly change from heavily in your favor to that of your enemies. But all that said, this game has a ton of missions to complete, lots of opens space to control, and a very interesting buddy system. It's grittiness is what makes it so great. Driving is smooth (although you can shoot while driving) and the environment is scenic. But, again, be warned. This is a hard game. If you're new to shooters and you decide to try this out, I suggest playing it on normal, which is still quite a challenge.

Borderlands -
Borderlands is a hella fun game, with a ton of cool extra content. Not much else to be said, unfortunately. You'll probably be hooked for 50+ hours on this game, scavenging for weapons, completing quests, customizing your characters skills, and buying DLCs, but the lack of a story and characters does it's toll. The graphics
are also pretty mediocre, but I guess they were trying to make it look like it came out of a comic book. PvP also blows.

But hey, if you're one who tends to put those things aside, it's a mad addicting game, especially when you team up with friends. Each of the four characters have a unique skill set which you can adjust to your liking. It can take you up to twenty minutes to take out a single horde of foes, and the extra DLCs are all excellent.

The Saboteur -
I recently started The Saboteur. Great music, great voice acting, troubled characters and somewhat original plot for such an overused subject (Nazis, anyone?). You go around blowing shit up without drawing attention to yourself, a shoot your way through Nazi regiments and whatnot. I haven't gotten very far at all, but I like it a lot, and I got it for like fifteen bucks.

Assassin's Creed-

FPS

Bioshock -
YUSS

F.E.A.R .-

F.E.A.R. 2 -

Killzone 2 -

Modern Warfare 2 -

Third Person Adventure

Uncharted/Uncharted 2 -
You'd be a fool not to get Uncharted 2. This game is amazing. I can't think of any negative comments, except that maybe it was "too short" (some complain), but it's a good 15-20 hours of sheer epicness. What an amazing campaign. I don't know where to start, because pretty much everything is done excellently. The primarily orchestral soundtrack, the jaw-dropping graphics, the witty, laugh-out-loud characters (and their top notch voice actors) who make cracks at each other constantly throughout the game are all included in this thrilling story filled with action and suspense. Even the online multiplayer is unique and fun, although it's burdened by bad servers. Still, there's really no reason for this game not to be a first buy.

About the first Uncharted. Uncharted 2 fixes every mistake its predecessor made, and although the characters are the same, the storyline's are barely connected. It's a incredibly cheap buy now, but there's no reason to stress yourself out if you can't find it.

God of War 3 -

Heavenly Sword -

Fighters

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger -

Marvel vs Capcom -

RPGs

Folklore

Demon's Souls

Resonance of Fate

Party
LittleBigPlanet

Modnation Racers

More to come... :/
Posted Image
_______
Quotes?

Alright, I'm tired of mind games. Which one of you two is the mom and which one's the dad? The dad would be the one that shoved the sperm into the other guys ass and pulled it out of the uterus.- BBB

To protect the forum from devastation.
To unite all members through masturbation
To denounce the evils of necroposting and spam
To avoid the swine flu while we eat ham
KREVIN
DAVE
FEEF ROCKET BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
SURRENDER NOW OR PREPARE TO FACE A SIMILAR FATE TO THAT OF ALPHATEHLIGHT

#9 Frick

Frick
    Veteran
  • NEATO, GANG

• Veterans
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

Demon's Souls

Nigga I'll handle this one.

Demon's Souls will make you break a controller or put a hole in the wall. It will make you never want to play PS3 ever again, but it will keep pulling you back. It will laugh in your face as you repeatedly die from the same group of enemies over and over again. It will taunt you more and more as you continue to fight through the same level continuously because you keep dying and restarting, losing all progress and experience. There are no checkpoints. It autosaves CONSTANTLY, so every mistake you make is there forever. It will rape your sister and kill your parents. But with each death, you become more prepared and knowledgeable about your surroundings, eventually leading you to victory. And the feeling of finally killing that boss or getting past that fucking knight that's been destroying you repeatedly with his spear on that narrow bridge is nothing short of heavenly.

You can't sell anything for cash. You collect souls for each kill, which is used as currency, experience, and for upgrading weapons. Which you almost never will be able to do all three. So the game really just doesn't like you, at all.

There's no bank, no second chances, no way to put off the inevitable. You will die in this game. And then you go into some kind of soul form. When in this soulless form, you'll be permanently stripped of a chunk of your life meter, unless you have the Cling Ring. You will lose all of your souls, and you will hate that every once in a while it's because you got pushed (or just rolled) off a cliff.

The only way to get them back is by fighting ALL the way through the level, again, and touching your bloodstain.

Fun times.

But in all honesty, it is pretty much the most rewarding RPG on PS3, and it's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Buy it now.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)